Powder Availability Report

All - I found some. Pullman Arms in Worcester. They had regular GOEX, both FFg and FFFg, plus triple se7en. Thanks Pullman! and thanks NES!

Callaghans usually has a good selection of BP accessories and Pyrodex.

I walked in to my LGS today and nearly shit myself. They had about 10 bottles each of H335, H322, IMR 4064 and 8208 XBR! Santa hes been told. I told her "Don't worry about remembering the numbers. Just think of the "golden ticket" from Willy Wonka. [laugh]

The bass pro in Foxboro had red dot at $24 per pound and I grabbed the last 2 pounds of 2400 powder which was steep at $29 per pound. I haven't seen 2400 in over a year so I had to snatch it.

Stopped in at Riley's last Saturday.

Hodgden CFE Pistol Powder 1lb. for $20

CFE = COPPER FOULING ERASER

Never heard of it before. (maybe because it is new?[rolleyes]) but:
New for 2014, this excellent spherical pistol propellant utilizes our CFE formula, Copper Fouling Eraser, virtually eliminating copper fouling, plus providing top velocities with clean burning and minimal muzzle flash. For competitive shooters and hand loaders seeking the perfect powder for target or self-defense loads, CFE Pistol provides optimum performance in cartridges like the 9mm Luger, 38 Super, 40 S&W, the venerable 45 ACP and many more.

Last edited:
Stopped in at Riley's last Saturday.

Hodgden CFE Pistol Powder 1lb. for $20

CFE = COPPER FOULING ERASER

Never heard of it before. (maybe because it is new?[rolleyes]) but:
New for 2014, this excellent spherical pistol propellant utilizes our CFE formula, Copper Fouling Eraser, virtually eliminating copper fouling, plus providing top velocities with clean burning and minimal muzzle flash. For competitive shooters and hand loaders seeking the perfect powder for target or self-defense loads, CFE Pistol provides optimum performance in cartridges like the 9mm Luger, 38 Super, 40 S&W, the venerable 45 ACP and many more.

I haven't used it but I know a few people who have and didn't have any complaints last I heard. If you do a search of the CFE here on NES I think there's a few older threads discussing CFE powder.

I haven't used it but I know a few people who have and didn't have any complaints last I heard. If you do a search of the CFE here on NES I think there's a few older threads discussing CFE powder.

I haven't tried it myself but I've heard pretty good things about CFE-223 for rifles. I don't think copper fouling is much of an issue with pistols, but I don't see how it would hurt. Probably worth a try.

I haven't tried it myself but I've heard pretty good things about CFE-223 for rifles. I don't think copper fouling is much of an issue with pistols, but I don't see how it would hurt. Probably worth a try.

I bought a 8lb Keg of it a few months back. I find it to be smokey in my AR loading a 55 FMJBT at several different loads. I prefer H335 over CFE Rifle. It does meter very well though. Maybe its better for heavier grain bullets but all I shoot are 55g. Not a bad powder just not my #1 powder as of yet.

Al's in derry has bullsye (he just opened a box from alllaint as I got there ~3pm today), he also had 8lbs or green dot, and either red/blue dot. He also had an 8lb of AR-comp.

Shooters had thewir usual, but also had bullseye. Acme had TAC, but I bought it. Had some other rilfe powders. Rileys had their usual rifle powder selection. BPS had some RE-#

Al's in derry has bullsye (he just opened a box from alllaint as I got there ~3pm today), he also had 8lbs or green dot, and either red/blue dot. He also had an 8lb of AR-comp.

Shooters had thewir usual, but also had bullseye. Acme had TAC, but I bought it. Had some other rilfe powders. Rileys had their usual rifle powder selection. BPS had some RE-#

Wow, Als and Shooters had Bullseye huh. Haven't seen that since ~July at Rileys. Any 2400?

In search of 2400, Central Mass area if possible

I overpaid for 2400 last weekend at the Foxboro Bass Pro at $29 per pound plus tax- ouch. But I haven't seen it in close to a year so I said f*** it and bought them. Last time I bought/seen some was at Shooters Outpost for $20 a pound back in December 2013 or January of this year.

Can't imagine they're charging less than $35 a pound. But thanks for report.

Its a sellers market

I shoot a lot. I reload a lot. I've been lucky enough to find 8lb kegs of my go to powders in between the buying frenzys over the past several years. 8 lbs will make me 15000 +/- rounds, enough for a year of USPSA. Rileys, shooters outpost, and D&L have been where I've been sporadically finding what I need.

Its a sellers market

I shoot a lot. I reload a lot. I've been lucky enough to find 8lb kegs of my go to powders in between the buying frenzys over the past several years. 8 lbs will make me 15000 +/- rounds, enough for a year of USPSA. Rileys, shooters outpost, and D&L have been where I've been sporadically finding what I need.

Same here. D&L is a reloaders gold mine, at least when I was there about a month ago.

as of a couple of days ago Glenn's had:

IMR 4166, IMR 4451, IMR 4064 (1lb)

IMR 700X (4lb), IMR 4227 (8lb), IMR 3031 (8lb)
H4895, Varget, Benchmark, Titegroup (1lb)
Titewad (8lb), Winc WSF (4lb & 8lb), Winc Super-Handicap (1lb)

A&J Sporting Goods is in Great Barrington / Housatonic, MA. Only open 3 days per week, Tues, Thurs, Sat, but what a selection of guns, ammo and powder. Friend told me about it so I took a ride yesterday. Best I've seen in Western MA. Small store, but PACKED. Incredible number of quality used and new guns. They've got some Colt 1911 S80 guns if anyone is looking. I got 4lbs of W231 and CCI MiniMags. Couldn't find either anywhere else locally. Lots of other powders too. Worth the trip!

Hunters Trading post today had a bunch of powder, including some 4lb jugs (first I've ever seen there... seems like they are expanding their selection.)

The 4lb jugs were both Winchester WSF, $98.50
There were also 1lb jugs of WSF
Saw Benchmark and 8208, both were $32.95
A bunch of standard rifle powder... Retumbo, H1000, H335 I believe, and some 4xxx powders all in 1lb jugs.

BP guys: There was a few flavors of Pyrodex and 777

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom