Powder Availability Report

The key is to max out the hazmat order which is for several places is 6-8lb jugs under one hazmat . My usual vendor does up to 65lbs total of primers or powder.

^^This. Sometimes if you know you are going to place and order you can let some others know and they will split it with you. Kind of like a mini-group buy. That definitely takes the sting out of it.

The key is to max out the hazmat order which is for several places is 6-8lb jugs under one hazmat . My usual vendor does up to 65lbs total of primers or powder.

This is what I did, I ordered 6 which was all they had left. It make the most sense to spread the hazmat out over as many items as possible. I really only wanted a couple, i may sell the others. We will see

Holy s**t D&L is stocked floor to ceiling with goodies. TONS of powder. I've never seen so much H110, Lil Gun, W296, Titegroup, Varget, 4350, 4064 to name a few. Many of which were available in 1, 4, and 8lb containers. I walked out with 2 pounds of H110 and 2 pounds of W296 - $22 per pound plus tax. Not bad.

D&L has been pretty consistently stocked since August - grabbed a 4 pounder of 231 then - first 231 I'd seen in quite a while. The month before got a 5 pounder of Trail Boss for like $69 the month before that.

Holy s**t D&L is stocked floor to ceiling with goodies. TONS of powder. I've never seen so much H110, Lil Gun, W296, Titegroup, Varget, 4350, 4064 to name a few. Many of which were available in 1, 4, and 8lb containers. I walked out with 2 pounds of H110 and 2 pounds of W296 - $22 per pound plus tax. Not bad.

Heritage gun and coin is usually pretty good also.....when I could travel freely I visited several shops in RI. Other than Glens reloading. Shops in mass between local storage regulations and maybe lack of large volume buyers just cant compete. If I can snag a 8lb jug of H4895 I will be set for winter reloading.

Heritage gun and coin is usually pretty good also.....when I could travel freely I visited several shops in RI. Other than Glens reloading. Shops in mass between local storage regulations and maybe lack of large volume buyers just cant compete. If I can snag a 8lb jug of H4895 I will be set for winter reloading.

Yeah it's sad. I haven't been to Heritage yet. I didn't see any 8 pounders of 4895 there tonight. I think I saw some at Shooters Outpost a couple weeks ago though. Didn't catch a price. My local shop in Ipswich has a bunch of 1 lb containers of varget, 231, 4895, unique, Titegroup and a few others.

Yeah it's sad. I haven't been to Heritage yet. I didn't see any 8 pounders of 4895 there tonight. I think I saw some at Shooters Outpost a couple weeks ago though. Didn't catch a price. My local shop in Ipswich has a bunch of 1 lb containers of varget, 231, 4895, unique, Titegroup and a few others.

I like H4895 for cast bullets and reduced jacketed rounds. Its nice to save a few bucks loading reduced charges in the bolt guns. plus the recoil is much less. it is pretty amazing how well some loads shoot at lower velocity.
buying powder by the lb for rifle just goes to quick.

I like H4895 for cast bullets and reduced jacketed rounds. Its nice to save a few bucks loading reduced charges in the bolt guns. plus the recoil is much less. it is pretty amazing how well some loads shoot at lower velocity.
buying powder by the lb for rifle just goes to quick.

agree with the rifle/pound point. it goes way too quick

Blue Northern Trading in Ayer has some powder. Noticed Winchester 296 & 748, Tite Group, H4895 Varget to name a few.

Just a note, looking over the mass storage/permit regs for Massachusetts the comercial permit is only 100lbs so it is tough for MA dealers to stock everything everyone wants. Also why you see more 1lb jugs. It is usually a good amount of savings buying a 8lb jug vs 8 1lb jugs. Last order it was a 7$ swing
1lbs where 29$(232$/8lb) , 8lb jug was 176$. Something to think about.

outback arms in plympton had just about every type of powder when I was there sat, prices where not great but he has many varieties in 8lb jugs and even more selection per pound. price ranged from 26-31$lb not much of a break on the 8lbs jugs

I was at shooters outpost today, they had titegroup in 8lb, 4lb, and 1lb containers and they seemed to have quite a few.

I wonder if they still had any H110 left. They've had a bunch the last couple times I went. I've got about 5lbs of H110 and 2lbs of 296 which should last a little while between 30 carbine and 44 mag.

I'm loving Titegroup though. I did a TON of reloading this past weekend. Cranked out about 600-700 rounds of 9mm with TG and it shoots well with xtreme plated bullets at 4 gr. very clean and accurate.

Al's in Derry had 8# jugs of Varget for $177.50. 1# jugs as well but I didn't look at the price.

I wonder if they still had any H110 left. They've had a bunch the last couple times I went. I've got about 5lbs of H110 and 2lbs of 296 which should last a little while between 30 carbine and 44 mag. I'm loving Titegroup though. I did a TON of reloading this past weekend. Cranked out about 600-700 rounds of 9mm with TG and it shoots well with xtreme plated bullets at 4 gr. very clean and accurate.
They had a few H110's on the shelf, I did not inquire as to how many since I didn't need it. I have been very happy with Titegroup overall so I was pretty excited to find it in an 8 lb jug.

I saw a handful of H-110 at SO this afternoon. They had some 1 and 8 lb 700x and I think I saw an 8# titegroup. They had a few CFE pistol too. They had Green tag, MiniMag (300 rnd chootem packs), and CCI quiet. Some Norma stuff too. Riley's had CFE pistol powder. Also had a bunch of 333 round boxes of 22lr (2 box limit) and CCI quiet and Green tag.

Sure was, that's why I grabbed it! North shore had the same thing at about $60 more

Nice! SO was charging $28 per pound for Varget so $177.50 is a little over $22 per pound - not bad. You using Varget for the 03 and M1?

Nice! SO was charging $28 per pound for Varget so $177.50 is a little over $22 per pound - not bad. You using Varget for the 03 and M1?

Yeah I don't think you can beat $22 a pound for it! I was down to about 1# of it and probably 1.5# of 4064 which I use for garand loads and I really like Varget for both the 03 and Garand so figured I'd grab some while its available in that quantity. I think they manufacture powder in cycles so I think when the nice weather returns, it will probably be nowhere to be found.

Yeah I don't think you can beat $22 a pound for it! I was down to about 1# of it and probably 1.5# of 4064 which I use for garand loads and I really like Varget for both the 03 and Garand so figured I'd grab some while its available in that quantity. I think they manufacture powder in cycles so I think when the nice weather returns, it will probably be nowhere to be found.

Yeah why not. You know it will go quick blasting through rounds with the 03 lol. I need to make some more loads for the Garand. I cranked out about 700+ rounds of 9mm last week, some 44 mag, 30 carbine, now I need to do some 30-06.

yup, exactly. If I get it now I won't be scrambling to find it later. It sure does go fast when you start cranking out the 30-06. I've got 300 cases primed and ready to load right now.

Was at Welch's in West Lebanon, NH last Saturday; they had tons of primers, and the most powder I have seen them have in a long time.

Looking for some FFF or pyrodex P near Worcester/metro west. Anyone seen any hiding behind the smokeless?

Thanks!

I know of an online vendor that has both in stock. Pyrodex P $13.65 per pound and Triple 7 FFF is $19.50. Plus shipping and hazmat. Not sure if that's a good price or not.

Back
Top Bottom