Positive respones from state Reps

i called James Eldridge and spoke to his aid, we concluded that mental

health was an issue. I also mentioned that this bill could make us all

felons. she seemed to understand we are getting F****d.

i also tried to call Rep Danielle Gregoire could not get thru, i think she has

a Marlabaoro office, a visit never hurt.

I am sick of these shitheads coming up with total bullshit just to

put us thru more hoops and Linsky is the biggest nut next

to the Governor.

Emailed both Jen Flanagan and Dennis Rosa yesterday morning. No response from Dennis Rosa yet. Received the following from Jen Flanagan:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding gun control legislation. I plan on taking a close look at the legislation proposed before I vote on this issue. I look forward to a thoughtful debate about public safety as it pertains to firearms as we review the bill. I have received many calls and emails from gun owners and understand the concerns of responsible, licensed individuals. I appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with me.

I emailed Moore and Fattman and have not received a response from either. I'm quite sure Fattman is on our side based on what he and his staff told me when he was running. Moore is A+ rated but that alone doesn't convince me. I also submitted the letter via Ruger's site. I plan on sending some snail mail and hopefully make some phone calls next week. How long did you guys end up being on the phone? I like most of you work everyday which makes it hard to be on the phone for too long during the day.

No Senator Moore however his aide says he is pro 2A and doesn't agree with some of the items on the proposal (mmmm). They apparently have drafted an official response that will be emailed to me. As for State Rep Fernandes, well both him and his aide aren't available. I've emailed and left a voice mail....
Fernandes responded to my email... long and short of it when discussing how these gun laws would've stopped an incident like Newtown, his response was essentially "well, if there weren't any guns in the house he couldnt have killed those kids".... basically he wants to completely take the guns away from us :/

I too received the same canned response from Jen Flannagan (although slightly different). I must say I am not impressed although there may be hope.

Dear Matt,

Thank you for taking the time to contact me regarding gun control legislation. I plan on taking a close look at the legislation proposed before I vote on this issue. I look forward to a thoughtful debate about public safety as it pertains to firearms as we review the bill. I have received many calls and emails from gun owners and understand the concerns of responsible, licensed individuals. I appreciate your support and for taking the time to share your thoughts with me.

Respectfully,

Jennifer L. Flanagan
State Senator
Worcester & Middlesex District

Have not heard from my Rep yet. Will call them both next week.

Fernandes responded to my email... long and short of it when discussing how these gun laws would've stopped an incident like Newtown, his response was essentially "well, if there weren't any guns in the house he couldnt have killed those kids".... basically he wants to completely take the guns away from us :/

They live in some fantasy world and believe that if guns were banned tomorrow everyone would be holding hands, singing songs, and making smores. My GF has a lot of liberals in her family and mentioned that many of them really believe this in their heart; unfortunately, it's not based in reality.

We should organize a list of who is for/against. Then we need to show up and support the pro 2A people at public events etc and show up and NOT support our displeasure with the others. Keep writing letters in to all the local papers pointing out those who support and those who oppose, etc. Put them in the spotlight and keep it on them.

Feedback from Josh Cutler:

Bill,

Thanks for your message. I'm a member of the Rod & Gun Club over in Hanson and have my Class A LTC so I certainly appreciate and support the rights of gun owners.

I expect that we will see a number of gun-related pieces of legislation during this legislative session. My hope is that we will focus on the areas where there is consensus such as in the area of mental health. In some cases there may be individuals with documented mental health issues but for whatever reasons that information is not always reaching the police chiefs or designated licensing authorities as it should. That can and should be addressed.

However, I don't favor new broad-based measures that would further burden the rights of lawful gun owners. As you correctly point out, we need to put the focus back on stopping illegal firearms and those who do not adhere to the very strict gun laws already on the books.

Again, thanks for your message. Feel free to reach out anytime.

Regards,

Josh

I got the same from Cutler and an autoresponse from Kennedy

Here's my exchange with my rep. I live in Fitchburg. Stephen DiNatale. His initial response confused me as it looked like he was happy with the new bill, but he meant the way things already were, which is tough enough. MY ORIGINAL LETTER IS AT THE BOTTOM.

This last line was HIS last response to me as I offered to help in any way I can. I'm in dire straits financially but I can help people to write letters, etc.

Thank you Brian. I will keep that in mind. Regards Steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, January 18, 2013 3:26 PM
To: DiNatale, Stephen - Rep. (HOU)
Subject: Re: RE: RE: Govenor Patrick's anti-gun bill

Yes Steve,

thanks, that does clarify your position and I am pleased. Feel free to let me know what I can do to help you should you need it regarding this bill.

Brian

Please don't breed or buy while homeless animals die.

On 01/18/13, DiNatale, Stephen - Rep. (HOU)<[email protected]> wrote:

Brian I may not have been clear I stated that I believe the Commonwealth has reached that balance with EXISTING LAWS, I do not wish to add to what is currently on the books. Again I do not I repeat do not agree with the Govenor's proposal. Hope this clarifies my position. Best wishes Steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Friday, January 18, 2013 2:12 PM
Subject: Re: RE: Govenor Patrick's anti-gun bill

Hi Steve,

I respectfully disagree on the point of limiting magazines to 7 rds. when everything was fine at 10.

And you are also OK with forcting us to buy liability insurance to own something already rightfully guaranteed to us by the 2nd Amendment?

I'm willing to bet that if you look at the demographic, most if not all licensed citizens, are working, tax paying people who are getting crushed just to survive in this state. Never mind having a hobby or trying to protect yourself.

I also don't agree with one gun per month limitations to purchase.

I'm sorry you feel this way.

Brian

Please don't breed or buy while homeless animals die.

On 01/18/13, DiNatale, Stephen - Rep. (HOU)<[email protected]> wrote:

Mr. Lawrence thank you for taking the time to contact me. You are a Fitchburg resident and as such I am your representative. I don't wish to belabor the point so I will be very brief, I too have concerns with the Govenor's proposal. I believe the Commonwealth has struck the proper balance between public safety and the rights of law abiding citizens. Best wishes Steve

Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2013 8:07 PM
Subject: Govenor Patrick's anti-gun bill

Hi Stephen,

I’m one of your many lawfully licensed constituents here in Fitchburg who is asking you to NOT support some of sections of the Govenor’s anti-gun bill.

In particular, the 7 rd limit on magazines vs. 10 which President Obama is OK with! And we are already doing that anyway.! Also one gun a month???? You’re just hurting industry / jobs and US!

And also to have to buy insurance for using my 2nd Amendment rights?

I am a law abiding, voting, tax paying citizen and I find it ridiculous that AGAIN the lawful licensed permit holders are under attack.

We in Massachusetts have already BEEN abiding by a magazine capacity ban for many years. Enough is enough.

Because some insane kid commits murder, everyone must be punished?

I see Massachusetts years ago, bragging about the toughest gun laws in the Country with a mandatory year in jail if you’re caught unlicensed with one, yet NO ONE EVER GOES TO JAIL. I know, my brother has served as Law Enforcement for over FORTY YEARS in Fitchburg and I think he saw ONE guy go to jail.

I’ve seen the blotter for our town and people are caught with guns and released on right after they’re cited?????? Most never do time.

The offender should be arraigned in court after capture and if found guilty, go directly to jail for the one year AT LEAST for a first time offender. Not go home!

I’m ok with background checks of course, etc. And keeping guns out of the hands of those that shouldn’t touch them in particular to mental health problems. I’m also disappointed no one ever focused on the fact that Adam Lanza was taking a controversial and powerful anti-psychotic drug for mental illness that had been know to not only be ineffective, but to actually exacerbate the very problems / symptoms it was supposed to treat? Ie; Aggression, tantrums, etc.?

The licensed gun owners are your biggest advocates for enforcing the already tough laws that are never utilized to appropriate offenders. WE SUPPORT YOU!

Would you also be kind enough to provide me with EVERYONE else ( REPS ) that cover my district that I can write or call regarding this very important matter?

Thank you,

I live in Methuen.
I sent an e-mail to Representative Campbell, Senator O'Connor Ives and Speaker DeLeo. I haven't received a response from any of them. I planned on calling, but like most of us here, I have a job and didn't have the opportunity. I WILL contact them next week. I will also be requesting some face time.
Has anyone received a response from these three?
What I find so frustrating is the lack of media coverage on this issue. With all of the tax increases the Governor has proposed this issue been lost in the pile of crap they are throwing at us. All of the people that I talk to have no idea about the proposed gun grab in MA. The NY law was on every National channel and website.
We need to get the word out before it's too late.
Keep up the great work!

I emailed Moore and Fattman and have not received a response from either. I'm quite sure Fattman is on our side based on what he and his staff told me when he was running. Moore is A+ rated but that alone doesn't convince me. I also submitted the letter via Ruger's site. I plan on sending some snail mail and hopefully make some phone calls next week. How long did you guys end up being on the phone? I like most of you work everyday which makes it hard to be on the phone for too long during the day.
Moore is getting swamped with letters and calls. He is or has been 100% on our side. He has been very active in the sportsman circle in the past. I believe he has spoken at some Goal events in the past. I spoke to him earlier this week and he is 100% opposed to all this. Unfortunately he is outnumbered in this state. I also posted my response from him to one of my letters in another thread.

We should organize a list of who is for/against. Then we need to show up and support the pro 2A people at public events etc and show up and NOT support our displeasure with the others. Keep writing letters in to all the local papers pointing out those who support and those who oppose, etc. Put them in the spotlight and keep it on them.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmzjcLPj7bjmdFBTczlueE1XMTZJX1FmNkpJVmlWMlE

Keep em coming both positive and negative and I'll try to keep this updated.

Ma_Shooter,

Thank you for your thoughtful letter on gun laws and gun violence. I understand your perspective and will keep it in mind as we consider proposals from Governor Patrick and others to address the mental health, school safety, illegal gun trafficking, narcotic, and poverty challenges that are interwoven on this issue.

Thank you for taking the time to write and being an engaged citizen interested in shaping your state government.

Respectfully,

Tom

Thomas P. Conroy
State Representative
13th Middlesex District

(definitely a nice way of saying FU.....)

Just received a very positive response from my State Rep -
Hi Horrible:

Thanks very much for contacting me. As a sportsman, LTC holder and gun owner, I could not agree with you more. Myself and a couple of colleagues have been leading the charge to have a civil conversation on these issues and will continue to encourage people to enforce our already incredibly strict laws and go after criminals, not take away the rights of law abiding citizens as so described by the governor and many of my colleagues. Please rest assured that I will do all in my power to continue to advocate for our 2nd Amendment Rights.

Thanks again for getting in touch and please do not hesitate to get in touch with any further matters.

Which rep was this?

That's a great letter. If you do move to NH, please get a place with an in-law apt near Hampton Beach. I'll be happy to rent as I am sinking fast in MASS. I do want to stay anf fight these people though. If it weren't for money, a few close relatives and friends..........

Hi all,

This is what I sent to Senator Moore and Rep. Kuros last night after watching our Governor display his economic and Constitutional legal prowess on television. I admit, this is my first direct reach out to a politician in quite some time other than giving financial support when needed.

Good evening Senator Moore and hope all is well, (version for Kuros is the same)

I've just listened to our Governors State of State Address as well as gone through his upcoming legislation for the state of Massachusetts in regards to changes to our current firearms laws. To say I'm deeply concerned at this point would be an understatement based on what I understand.

Within the newly proposed language of the Governors Bill is to classify magazines that I currently own and have paid for with my legal income illegal within the state of Massachusetts. I'm deeply disturbed with the proposed change to the language to basically un-grandfather firearm magazines and potentially the rifle/pistols themselves that I have legally purchased in the state of Massachusetts according to our current laws.

This needs to be rectified. If the Governor wants to classify firearms and magazines going forward as unacceptable to the State of Massachusetts I can understand that. I do not accept the legality of it based on the Constitutional 2nd Amendment but I am also a firm believer in States Rights over the Federal Government. Any legislation that does not grandfather in existing owners is an absolute failure in my mind.

I was born in Massachusetts, attended school in this state and now raise a family here as well. I am a Vice President of a major Technology Analyst Firm in the Commonwealth but am now considering leaving the state I called home for over four decades. Our current political class has forgotten their founding and in doing so classified law abiding citizens who believe in firearms as segment that can be demonized and marginalized for political gain. I will not have it.

My appeal to you this evening will be one of my last. My wife and I who currently raise two daughters now face a crisis of conscience. We have taught our young girls about our state and country and the great things they have done in history. We have also taught them to be honest and understanding and obey rules and laws. With the current proposed legislation by our Governor certain members of the Massachusetts legislature I no longer recognize my home.

Please fight for the rule of law and not the political will of the day

Don't both with email, too easy to delete. Write a short 1-2 paragraph letter, print and mail it. Others on the board will review and edit your post if you want.

I received this on Friday 01-18-2013

Thanks for getting in touch about this important issue. I understand the concerns about sweeping and reactionary gun control legislation, especially because we live in a state with some of the strictest gun laws in the country. I have reservations about new gun control laws for the state of Massachusetts, where the process to legally obtain a firearm already includes training, fingerprinting, strict screenings, and several comprehensive background checks, as well as the approval of the local Chief of Police. During my 16 years in the legislature, I have strived to respect the rights of gun owners in our state and address some legislation that could unnecessarily infringe upon their rights. My record has earned me an A+ rating with the Gun Owners Action League. I am wary of some of the proposals I have learned of, and I will look over them carefully when they come before the State Senate. I will certainly keep your letter in mind when considering the provisions proposed in the Governor's bill, as well as in any other gun control legislation that comes up this session. I appreciate your advocacy on this issue, and thank you again for getting in touch.
Sincerely,

Michael J. Rodrigues
STATE SENATOR
First Bristol and Plymouth

No response from Rep Dwyer or Senator Donnelly. I had originally sent an email to both of them and spoke with aids for both on Friday. I was told I would receive a call back.

Response from Senator Mike Knapik (Westfield/Chicopee area):

I just wanted to send you a quick email. I am sure you are aware of my long-standing record in support of the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Amendment and the rights of Gun Owners during my career as a State Legislator. I would expect, based on past practice, to oppose any of the onerous requirements that have been proposed in the Legislation that has been in the news of late.

On another note, on the GOAL legislation, I will be reviewing those matters later this week and expect to co-sponsor a number of their initiatives.

Feel free to follow the discussion on this issue and to stay in contact with your legislators.

Mike

BOOM! Gotta love Knapik!

Email. I'm in training all day and cannot call for at least a week

UPDATE

Got a response from O'Day not exactly what I wanted to hear, but a response at least.

Dear Daniel,

Thank you for your email concerning gun control laws. I always appreciate feedback from my constituency. As your Representative, I weigh these opinions carefully before lending my support to any issue.

I agree that the Commonwealth needs to spend more time enforcing the 20,000 laws made for gun control rather than create brand new laws. I myself am not a guns man, but I do believe in the 2nd amendment and that there should be restrictions on assault weapons. As the 188th session continues I will be sure to keep your opinion in mind as I vote on bills concerning gun control.

Thank you again for your email concerning gun control. If you have any further questions or concerns about gun control and current bills, or other issues important to you, do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,

Jim O'Day
State Representative
14th Worcester District

State House, Room 42
Boston, MA 02133
Tel: (617) 722-2370

Exhaust all civil means we can. I am tell them very clearly that I do not intend to comply with anything that is counter to the NH State Constitution. The most well written bill of rights in the nation. Its worth defending.

If you get any pushback from your reps. who say we need more gun laws, ask them about this crap -

Worcester Superior Court

Judge Janet Kenton-Walker
Brandon Conway, 20, of 9 Elm St., Auburn, was placed on probation for 3 years after pleading guilty to home invasion, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon (handgun), and armed robbery (handgun). As conditions of probation, he was ordered to remain drug- and alcohol-free, to submit to random drug tests, to remain in school or employed, to have no direct or indirect contact with the victims, and to pay $90 victim witness fee, $65 probation fee.

Jeremy Lavallee, 20, of 29 Cedar St., Auburn, was placed on probation for 3 years after pleading guilty to home invasion, assault and battery with a dangerous weapon (handgun), and armed robbery (handgun). As conditions of probation, he was ordered to remain drug- and alcohol-free, to submit to random drug tests, to remain in school or employed, to have no direct or indirect contact with the victims, and to pay $90 victim witness fee, $65 probation fee.

COURTRECORDS - Worcester Telegram & Gazette - telegram.com

Just had a 30 minute conversation with Jim Timilty, chairman of Public Safety, he is fully in our court. He said all the bills, about 50 of them, will get a fair hearing but he is big time in favor of gun rights. He said Sen. Brewer is of like mind.

He is a very influential person on the hill and I feel he will do everything he can to bury this stuff.

I sent a email to every rep and senator in the state and most were auto replies. However I received 5 that where actual human beings and they were generally in favor of gun rights.

Back
Top Bottom