Positive respones from state Reps

Just got off the phone with Angie @ GOAL to report my conversation with Fernandes. She said the rating is based on their past voting history which of course is understandable. Just wanted to notify her that he is considering the new legislation and likes the Patriot Act.

nice work, he seems more than suspect based on the response posted

Response from Angelo Pupello, hampden district rep

Robert,

Thanks for the email. As your State Representative, I appreciate your continued input. Please know that I have read and made note of the points you made relative to the proposals by Governor Patrick.

Please know that this is only the beginning of the debate. I am concerned as well, and frankly I am reviewing his proposals now and look forward to debating these issues in the House.

I have been a watchdog on budgetary and waste issues in the Commonwealth and I have been supportive of lawful gun owners and hunters in the past. I have and continue to work with my constituents and GOAL and the NRA on issues of mutual concern and sensible proposals; but we also need to review mental health issues as it relates to this as well. I will keep the points you raised when this issue is debated in te House of Representatives. - Angelo Puppelo

Sent an email to Bob Hedlund. Got a written letter response, he fully supports the 2nd and will fight any attempted changes to Ma laws.
Good Guy BTW.

I only got one so far:

"Thank you for sharing your thoughts with Governor Patrick. The Governor values your opinions and enjoys hearing from people across the Commonwealth. Please know that your views are always welcome in this administration.

The Governor and his staff strive to review every piece of correspondence in a timely manner. If appropriate, we will forward your message to the appropriate staff member, department or the state agency that can best address your concerns.

If you need an immediate response, please call the Governor's Office at
numbers_button_skype_logo.png
617-725-4005 to speak with a Constituent Services Aide. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your ideas with Governor Patrick. Stay involved and engaged...this is your government! "

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 1/18/2013 12:18:09 PM
To: "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Cc:
Subject: EmailComment I Support Gun Rights

I met with Richard Moore last night in person, and he assured me that he would oppose ANY changes to existing gun legislation.

I met with Richard Moore last night in person, and he assured me that he would oppose ANY changes to existing gun legislation.

Thanks for taking the time to meet with him. Did he give you any indication on how his "honorable" colleagus feel about this and/or Linsky's upcoming debauchery ?

I received this today from Rep. Brad Hill, Fourth Essex district:

Thank you for your very thoughtful email. I agree with everything you stated in your correspondence. I think instead of passing knee-jerk legislation that will be hurtful to law abiding citizens that we need to look closer at the issue of Mental Health. In all of the recent tragedies Mental Health has been a concern and factor. With that said, it is my understanding that the Speaker of the House will be putting together a commission to take a hard look at this entire issue that will include professionals from the Mental Health Community. It is my further understanding that the Speaker has no intentions of bringing this up within the next few weeks. He really wants to study the issue before having the full House deliberate any proposals, including the Governor’s.

Again, thank you for sharing your views with me. You can be assured that I will not be supporting the Governor’s proposal and will vote appropriately when this issue is brought before me for consideration.

Sincerely,

Rep. Hill

Seantor John Keenan: Opposes furhur gun legislation on our already oppressive gun legislation. Feels proposed bills are knee jerk reactions.

Rep. Brice Ayers: Opposes furthur gun legislation (A+ from GOAL and sponsored)

Sen. Bruce Tarr (Minority Leader): Opposes furthur gun legislation and according to him, his fellwo R's do as well. Hopefully there are no RINO's in the group.

Anyone have any responses from any democrat fense sitters or proponents of gun legislation?

I just got a call back from Jim Arciero (D-Westford, Littleton, part of Chelmsford). He pointed out that he's A+ GOAL rated and he doesn't think these bills even make any sense at all. He apologized for taking time to get back to me, he's gotten a ton of calls and letters on this. His impression is that we're not in a NY ram it through in the middle of the night situation, but that there will be actual hearings before this stuff even moves at all. I hope he's right.

Just spoke with Jim Arciero. He says he's got our back. He also says he is going to get a lot of pressure from the Dems. So we have to keep pressuring him. He told me he doesn't think anything would even come for a vote until at least April. That doesn't mean it can't get fast tracked but we shall see.

Do not underestimate the power of a State House visit. If you live in the Boston area take a vacation day and schedule a meeting to shake hand and speak face to face.

Linsky is my rep, but Ill be calling and emailing that d-bag anyway.

Don't forget, Linsky wants to be DA. So everyone in the Northern district gets a chance to vote for/or against him if/when he is on the ballot. This is list of towns in the Northern District.

Northern District

Acton
Arlington
Ashby
Ashland
Ayer
Bedford
Belmont
Billerica
Boxborough
Burlington
CAMBRIDGE
Carlisle
Chelmsford
Concord
Dracut
Dunstable
EVERETT
Framingham
Groton
Holliston
Hopkinton
Hudson
Lexington
Lincoln
Littleton
LOWELL
MALDEN
MARLBOROUGH
Maynard
MEDFORD
MELROSE
Natick
NEWTON
North Reading
Pepperell
Reading
Sherborn
Shirley
SOMERVILLE
Stoneham
Stow
Sudbury
Tewksbury
Townsend
Tyngsborough
Wakefield
WALTHAM
Watertown
Wayland
Westford
Weston
Wilmington
Winchester
WOBURN

From Senator Rodrigues First Bristol and Plymouth

Mr. McCarty,

Thanks for getting in touch about this important issue. I understand the concerns about sweeping and reactionary gun control legislation, especially because we live in a state with some of the strictest gun laws in the country. I have reservations about new gun control laws for the state of Massachusetts, where the process to legally obtain a firearm already includes training, fingerprinting, strict screenings, and several comprehensive background checks, as well as the approval of the local Chief of Police. During my 16 years in the legislature, I have strived to respect the rights of gun owners in our state and address some legislation that could unnecessarily infringe upon their rights. My record has earned me an A+ rating with the Gun Owners Action League. I am wary of some of the proposals I have learned of, and I will look over them carefully when they come before the State Senate. I will certainly keep your letter in mind when considering the provisions proposed in the Governor's bill, as well as in any other gun control legislation that comes up this session. I appreciate your advocacy on this issue, and thank you again for getting in touch.

Sincerely,
Michael J. Rodrigues
STATE SENATOR First Bristol and Plymouth

Shawn,

Thank you very much for writing to me about this very important issue. As a gun owner myself I ran for office promising to uphold our Second Amendment rights and I will do exactly that. I agree with you and I think our focus should be on keeping guns out of the hands of the mentally ill, not infringing on the rights of law abiding citizens. I’ll be working hard on this.

Thanks again for writing,

Lenny Mirra

Back
Top Bottom