Police responding to reports of shots fired shots shore plaza

Why am I not surprised... The same thing happened there either last year or the year before.

South Shore Plaza and the Galleria mall in Cambridge are the worst.

Gang related...the AG doesn't give a **** unless this was a properly licensed LTC holder with an AR.

"witness reports suspect is a black male with neck tattoos and possibly a long chain hangin", shouldn't be long before they apprehend this suspect

To be fair after Columbine students were told to shield vital areas with papers or books as a shooter would instinctively try to aim elsewhere and potentially miss than shoot through it.

The people in the stores are still under "house arrest" as of now (11:13PM), imprisoned in the stores until the SWAT, police, dogs clear each store, one by one. I heard MSP on scanner say that it will take many hours yet to get thru the entire place (it is a big mall). People imprisoned in the Cheesecake factory asked a Braintree officer if they could leave, request denied from what I heard on the police radio.

The people in the stores are still under "house arrest" as of now (11:13PM), imprisoned in the stores until the SWAT, police, dogs clear each store, one by one. I heard MSP on scanner say that it will take many hours yet to get thru the entire place (it is a big mall). People imprisoned in the Cheesecake factory asked a Braintree officer if they could leave, request denied from what I heard on the police radio.

I'd be seriously pissed off and flipping out at this point.

Sounds like a lot of people are going home with Simon giftcards. And maybe a few free meals.

Sounds like a lot of people are going home with Simon giftcards. And maybe a few free meals.

I'd be more than pissed. I don't think Simon Malls is that generous. My BIL used to manage some of them in MA many years ago.

I think most folks will be sleeping on the floor of those stores tonight.

I think they'd have to arrest me to keep me from walking out.

Given all the SWAT teams there, I think that they just would shoot us for trying to "escape" and the media and police would cover it up as a necessary act for "public safety"!! No, I am not kidding either.

Given all the SWAT teams there, I think that they just would shoot us for trying to "escape" and the media and police would cover it up as a necessary act for "public safety"!! No, I am not kidding either.

Len seriously....could you not just walk? How long could they keep you in scare mode?

Len seriously....could you not just walk? How long could they keep you in scare mode?

Read again what I wrote. I'm certain that they would arrest and charge someone as a minimum (bogus charges) and just as likely to shoot them in the back as they left. As far as they are concerned, they can keep you imprisoned forever . . . until they get thru checking every nook and cranny in the mall, etc. And this is in spite of the fact that they claimed to have camera footage of the involved fight/shooting, believe it was related to a gang murder recently (they stated that the wake was 6-9PM tonight, funeral tomorrow) and were certain that they fled the mall. So why keep hundreds/thousands of innocents there? NO justification at all, it's just "because we can" and people and courts have become used to these heavy-handed tactics (new normal).

I'm far from being anti-cop, I was one, but I hate the tactics being used regularly these days.

cuz on-the-job-"training". [sad2]

ETA: To be sincere I have been involved in spending, city, county and DOD money on air, ground and water support on SAR after the initial call out was finished on 'training'. My point is that we never used it to hold people against their will, as it appears to be in this case.

Last edited:

Must have taken a long time because I was listening to the scanner at about 8:30 and they were releasing people to family members in the Macy's parking lot. I heard radio chatter about " Group from the Apple store heading towards north exit." etc. Not sure why they would detain everybody. Shooter was a black male. Why hold people that were not black? Yes, I realize some will call this comment racist, but why on earth would you hold people that were nowhere near the shooting and did not fit the description of the suspect?

Shooter must be an absolute moron to shoot at someone at a mall. They had dozens of pictures of the shooter with in minutes.

Apparently they only released people after clearing the respective store. IIRC there are ~100 stores there so that takes a long, long time. And they may push for witness statements from each person they encounter, even if they saw nothing and that also takes a very long time. In any case MSP said that they wouldn't release the officers on scene at the end of their shift, they would proceed on OT until the entire place was cleared and expect it to take hours (this was at 10:30PM when that transmission went out).

Tip for the non sheep, if ya don't want to spend a time "locked down" in the back room of an old navy at the mall.

keep moving, if the access is blocked in front,

go out the rear stockroom doors ,they lead to loading dock area's , if you are on the upper floors ,take the stairs,stay out of the freight elevators.
follow freedom up the ramp, pass the loading dock entry, collect 200 no sheep points.

They ruined somebody's night at Cheescake factory so now you hate them? Seems reasonable.

It's cumulative, and it has nothing to do with the Cheesecake Factory. If you haven't already figured out the larger issue here then I'm not going to waste my time explaining it to you.

Tip for the non sheep, if ya don't want to spend a time "locked down" in the back room of an old navy at the mall.

keep moving, if the access is blocked in front,

go out the rear stockroom doors ,they lead to loading dock area's , if you are on the upper floors ,take the stairs,stay out of the freight elevators.
follow freedom up the ramp, pass the loading dock entry, collect 200 no sheep points.

This. Almost every store has access to the service corridors. You may trip the loss prevention alarm, but WGAF?. Once in the corridors choose a direction and move until you see exit signs, or loading dock signs. If you are not on the ground floor, there are usually stairs constructed near the service elevators.

I'd be interested how a legally licensed firearm carrier would make out in such a police activity. The PD's are certainly going to check everyone's 'papers' and 'Terry Frisking' everyone. The mall has a no weapons policy so I could see concealed carriers being arrested for disorderly conduct by being in possession of arms in a posted weapon-free zone. I don't imagine the charges would stick, but in MA the record of the arrest is forever and you'd be forever explaining it. In light of this I think the strategy of exiting the mall and vicinity ASAP is a solid plan.

Just one man's opinion here, but.. Part of the problem is the lunatic soft liberal way of thinking around here.

What do I mean? Consider the quote from the Chief of Police in the aftermath. Take a real good read of it and tell me I'm wrong. Apparently, and obviously, (fortunately?) I could never be a cop in MA nor any other liberal hellhole, cuz my take on this would be a complete 180 degrees from the Chief's.
His politically correct view by a police chief in LibLand direct quote:

"This was a happenstance occurrence where people from Boston gang affiliates bumped into each other here in Braintree and, due to tensions, it escalated into a shooting," Braintree police Chief Paul J. Shastany told reporters at the scene.

My translation (and what I'd have said on what would probably have been my final day on the receiving end of a paycheck as chief) :
"Well, what happened was a bunch of absolute scumball punks with literally no respect for their quality of life, two gangs of animalistic worthless dirtbags happened to both be at the Mall where law abiding citizens were going about their daily lives. And the animals, these absolute scum of the earth animalistic thugs decided on the spur of the moment - again without any regard for human life since these pukes are below human - decided to open fire on one another.
And part of the reason they do things like this is because somewhere in the back of their dirtbag skulls they think nothing of any real consequence will happen to them. Unlike the fine citizens of my community who were enjoying a their time at a shopping mall, these punk animals have no life, no future, and couldn't care less about their fellow citizens.
And, ladies and gentlemen, you know deep inside your own hearts that these filthbag, despicable animals are WELL AWARE that if there's anywhere in the country where they might actually get away with nothing more than a slap on the wrist for animalistic criminal thug behavior like this, Massachusetts is definitely one of those places.
And we all know fully well that these disgusting, worthless filthbag pukes will now make their way through the completely broken 'legal system' here in the Commonwealth, and even if convicted of this disgusting violence, they will be back on the street and at the malls threatening the lives and wellbeing of you, your families, and the lives of my dedicated officers under my command.
These scumballs deserve to be incarcerated - in a cage in a zoo. Period. Thank you ladies and gentlemen, and I now respectfully resign my command and my position as your Police Chief."

Mic drop, fold up my scribbled notes, put them in my pocket, remove my badge, hand it to the typically-Lib-Dem-Hack mayor, shake his hand and exit, stage right, with my head held high.

Just sayin'.. (and this time just sayin' that I'm glad I didn't follow in the footsteps of my beloved uncle and my many relatives and friends who proudly wore/still wear a badge. Because if I were in law enforcement today, I could not do the job any longer. Those who were/who are "on the job" simply had/have more patience and tolerance than I ever would/will with these absolute worthless vermin of our society, and God bless my uncles, cousins, friends and fellow NES members who are LEO's. Cuz dealing with this filth every day, you're better men/women than I could ever, EVER be).

Peace.
Out.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom