• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police infighting? Sutton VS MSP

so the staties and locals are bickering on who gets the details when there's road construction on route 146?

Easy fix is to hire flagmen, and pay them minimum wage.

Not in Mass, you have to hire them and pay them 30 an hour

so the staties and locals are bickering on who gets the details when there's road construction on route 146?

this.
/thread

can't play nice about who gets to get more handouts off the system? no one does!

that would be the best way to handle it, if it weren't illegal to be fiscally responsible in this state

Great. I hope by the time this project starts I'm not commuting to Worcester from Fall River anymore. And now I know why there is a giant ghey "troopers are your best protection" billboard on my way in.

Make the contractors carry the cost for a flagman, and heck I'd even pay him 10 an hour just as long as he's competent in directing traffic. Unlike most cops with use cryptic hand signals that seem to be designed to confuse drivers on purpose. I wonder how long the police would pull out a fullpage add in the Glob when they catch the first flagman on his phone....

Not in Mass, you have to hire them and pay them 30 an hour

Even the "union hack prevailing wage thing" is still significantly cheaper than what you would pay for an MSP detail which is at least like $50 an hour with a 4 hour minimum.

-Mike

It's the same strategy used by the mob. "Hey, it would be a shame if anything happened to you on these roads."

I remember when all the debating about getting rid of fuzz details in favor of flagmen was going on and lurking over at Masscops....some of the JBTs over there were saying some truly disgusting things and showing the true color of blue..."I hope people die in horrible accidents" etc if they take our details away....

But without the police who would shine bright blue flashing lights in our eyes as we drive by construction sites?

Even the "union hack prevailing wage thing" is still significantly cheaper than what you would pay for an MSP detail which is at least like $50 an hour with a 4 hour minimum.

-Mike

MSP is 36 per hour I believe.

-Mike

$100 an hour, 4 hour minimum. I know, I just paid it. Trooper was there for 47 minutes because that's all it took to do the job. The cost of the cop was 25% of the total cost of the job. Which leads to why I am buying land in NH. Mass can kiss my whole ass. I'm done with this place.

The funny thing is too about most of these details is they're nearly always "oversubscribed" with police. Like how many troopers do you really need to deal with a road paving job in the middle of the night with barely any traffic on the road? Maybe TWO cars at the most, and I routinely see like 3 and 4 units on these jobs.... often times at least two of them will be parked pretty much right behind the other one, with the guy in back with his blues on... Now maybe there's something I'm missing, but.... it just seems like a huge waste of manpower/hours to me.

-Mike

$100 an hour, 4 hour minimum. I know, I just paid it. Trooper was there for 47 minutes because that's all it took to do the job. The cost of the cop was 25% of the total cost of the job. Which leads to why I am buying land in NH. Mass can kiss my whole ass. I'm done with this place.

Thanks for the data point... The $50 thing was just from memory from a few years ago when I would hear Howie Carr talking about the detail thing, he's probably been harping on it for a decade or more now. I know in some towns the locals are getting more too under some circumstances. Customer of mine in a north shore town was paying like $48 an hour for locals, but now the locals are charging like $90 an hour during "holiday" periods but he decided to forgo the detail...(high volume business, not so much a road detail...) funny thing is I bet without the union in place he could probably call up one of the LEOs in town that he knows personally and offer them like $40/hr to do it and they'd do it no problem without all the union red tape in the way.

-Mike

Sutton is my town and I hate that F****** billboard to me it is typical elitist attitude that the state knows better. Several of Sutton's LEOs live on my road. My chief is also a very nice guy who happens to make this a GREEN Town.

Not to get into the whole wage thing and whose balls are bigger but I would rather my fellow neighbors get the extra money working a detail inside if their home town. Than a non resident of the town.

I'm surprised the staties haven't tried muscling in on the lucrative traffic details at the Blackstone Shoppes yet. Those locals have gotta be pulling in 6 figures.

I'm surprised the staties haven't tried muscling in on the lucrative traffic details at the Blackstone Shoppes yet. Those locals have gotta be pulling in 6 figures.

Is that the place with the gigantic strip mall(s) all loosely connected on the hill with a bunch of poorly laid out intersections? I think I saw at least 2 or 3 locals in there the one time I went down there with a friend.

-Mike

Maybe it is time to think about taking a few steps back and electing a sheriff, who will then be the chief law enforcement officer in each county and limit the staties to the interstate routes.

Is that the place with the gigantic strip mall(s) all loosely connected on the hill with a bunch of poorly laid out intersections? I think I saw at least 2 or 3 locals in there the one time I went down there with a friend.

-Mike

Yes, the architect actually publicly apologized after the fact when traffic jams started happening. The cops are all naming their first born sons after the guy I would guess.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom