• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police infighting? Sutton VS MSP

There is no need for a police officer to direct traffic. Nor is there any need to pay $30/hr. It doesn't take much training or skill to be able to direct traffic around a construction site.
The issue is that most towns have by-laws and may be even a state law I'm not sure about the latter, but I know my town has a by-law that only police & fire can direct traffic on a public way, so this negates the ability for a private citizen or construction worker from doing so in a manner in which you speak.

The flag-men law is a state law and therefore superceeds any town by-law, but it does have exceptions such as speed limit and traffic flow that kicks it back to a police detail, these are reasons why we don't actually see many flag men out there...

The issue is that most towns have by-laws and may be even a state law I'm not sure about the latter, but I know my town has a by-law that only police & fire can direct traffic on a public way, so this negates the ability for a private citizen or construction worker from doing so in a manner in which you speak.

You misunderstood my post. I'm quite well aware of our ridiculous laws. The point is, they are, in fact, ridiculous.

Most minimum-wage morons with a flag and a vest can figure out how to adequately direct traffic. You don't need to be a police academy graduate to direct traffic. The "its for safety" BS is just that, BS. When I grew up in IL, 18-year-old kids directed traffic on highway paving crews. It isn't hard.

Back
Top Bottom