• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police arrest man with arsenal in Lynn; 38 guns seized

wow a useless fight with a girl and lost your rights to own fire arms. this is GREAT!!! -_-" Come on man girls are all over the place, dump this one and find a new one. Jesus chirst. And why do you need to have many damn weapons lol.

Please tell me that you're joking.

1. Fights are one thing. Assault is another. The girl may or may not be an idiot, but HE tried to choke her.

2. I don't recall seeing a Jesus Chirst mentioned in the article.

3. OK. What's the magic number of weapons that one can acquire before one has "too many"?

The problem with the story is the guns had nothing to do with what ( alleged) happened. Why not report the guy owned 27 pairs of steel toe boots?

Please tell me that you're joking.

1. Fights are one thing. Assault is another. The girl may or may not be an idiot, but HE tried to choke her.

2. I don't recall seeing a Jesus Chirst mentioned in the article.

3. OK. What's the magic number of weapons that one can acquire before one has "too many"?

Personally I find that anything UNDER 38 guns is just crazy and seriously there is no such thing as too many guns if you are a collector then there are hundreds of thousands of guns throughout history to collect. guns rae like Pops cereal and you know what they say about Pops "Gotta have my Pops"

The problem with the story is the guns had nothing to do with what ( alleged) happened. Why not report the guy owned 27 pairs of steel toe boots?
This!!

WTF, Absolutely correct. The guns had nothing to do with this incident. What if he had been hoarding bullion of some sort and survival gear, would he be called nutcase for that. Hell, because we have a love for our guns and collect them, that is not a crime, but it is by way of the MSM's point of view. I collect coins also, because of having several hundred, am I a criminal. F_ _ _ them!!
He's screwed on the assault and "Sawed off shotgun " charge, that is what they are going to bend him over on. Because of that he will lose all his weaps. If he was charged with assault and only that, he might have a chance of keeping them, but the SBS, BATF is going to nail him.
Loosing all that over a gal and some schlitz, he doesn't deserve to own guns. You gotta keep your cool and walk from stupidity, as gun owners, we have too much on the line and there are way too many that want to pounce on the opportunity to screw us.

journalists-guide-to-firearms-identification.jpg

However, while I agree the reporter is a dumbass, the perp is definitely not the brightest tack either. Hitting a woman is always a nono AFAIK....

wow a useless fight with a girl and lost your rights to own fire arms. this is GREAT!!! -_-" Come on man girls are all over the place, dump this one and find a new one. Jesus chirst. And why do you need to have many damn weapons lol.

Exactly..and some people want to go to church once a week or more...put bumper stickers on their cars..sometimes 3 or 4 of them...some people even write multiple letters to there Reps/Senators or local newspapers...I have even heard of people not letting police in their home without a warrant...I mean..you don't need to exercise your rights that much, right? lol

Well, as much room as i will leave for just about anything to have actually happened, I'd never presume to know what went through her head.

It's one thing to call the police when a 'stranger' attacks you, but someone with whom you are in a relationship things get very complicated.

For all we know, she could have been considering the hot poker he'd be impaled on for having 38 guns and having lost it with his SO (and thinking this was more than he deserved). Anything from BS, to battered woman syndrome to genuinely stopping to think about the consequences of her actions is possible...

I don't think that part of the scenario proves or demonstrates anything other than the expected complexity of domestic violence.

FTR, the appropriate punishment for assaulting your SO is indeed impalement on a hot poker if proved...

I understand what you're saying, cekim, and don't entirely disagree, but given the totality of the situation I find the behavior (of both parties) more than a little odd. If I ever found myself in a relationship that escalated to physical violence I would have exited that relationship ASAP. I certainly wouldn't have hung around for round 2.

Way too much drama and excitement for an old guy like me! [laugh]

This!!

WTF, Absolutely correct. The guns had nothing to do with this incident. What if he had been hoarding bullion of some sort and survival gear, would he be called nutcase for that. Hell, because we have a love for our guns and collect them, that is not a crime, but it is by way of the MSM's point of view. I collect coins also, because of having several hundred, am I a criminal. F_ _ _ them!!
He's screwed on the assault and "Sawed off shotgun " charge, that is what they are going to bend him over on. Because of that he will lose all his weaps. If he was charged with assault and only that, he might have a chance of keeping them, but the SBS, BATF is going to nail him.
Loosing all that over a gal and some schlitz, he doesn't deserve to own guns. You gotta keep your cool and walk from stupidity, as gun owners, we have too much on the line and there are way too many that want to pounce on the opportunity to screw us.

While I think the comments and coverage of the arsenal are ridiculous, I have to say that the guns he owns aren't TOTALLY irrelevant to the fact that he's charged with assault and possession of a 'sawed off shotgun'. The shotgun at least raises a question about what other guns he owns, and whether or not they're legal, etc.

My daddy always told me..."you never hit women or children."

Exactly, if you're that pissed then walk away and punch a wall if you mist. Dry wall doesnt call the cops and get the guns taken away.

why do you need to have many damn weapons lol.

For the same reason why I want 600 horsepower instead of 200, for the same reason I want 4 different watches instead of one. I like what I like.....different things appeal to me and they come in different shapes and sizes (all sorts of guns).

Last edited:
This is the part that boggles my tiny little mind:

So, the boyfriend chokes her, & then they figure they'll go down to the packie for some Schlitz? [thinking]

Would anybody here like to venture a guess as to which to which of these two upstanding citizens had the higher blood alcohol level that evening? And to answer number 10 vietboy1st's dien cai dau question, I don't need any weapons, it's just that I like to have them. "Need" is something that you don't bother to ask in back Ho Chi Minh City, since the powers that be have already decided the answer for you; real Americans just ask what we want and can we pay for it.

Ken

Well, look on the bright side. He didn't shoot her...

{insert facepalm here...}

Yup was about to say...which surprises me because I thought guns were evil and that "if you had a gun in your household, you'd have x amount of chance will be used for murder". [rofl2]

Have you bought one that doesn't require batteries yet?

vietboy1st;14470 And why do you need to have many damn weapons lol.[/QUOTE said:
because he wanted them. there is a difference between wants and needs. but alas he is screwed because of the sawed off shotgun, a definite no no. you also never hit a woman or child.

Last edited:
I understand what you're saying, cekim, and don't entirely disagree, but given the totality of the situation I find the behavior (of both parties) more than a little odd. If I ever found myself in a relationship that escalated to physical violence I would have exited that relationship ASAP. I certainly wouldn't have hung around for round 2.

Way too much drama and excitement for an old guy like me! [laugh]

I think Cekim is right on. Women who get involved in abusive relationships are often there because of poor self esteem. They likely grew up in a household where their Mom suffered abuse. That is what they know until/unless someone learns to break the cycle.

In some ways it is like the Stockholm syndrome. Many women would not stand for this behavior at all. But others, through their backgrounds and upbringing, have learned to accept these behaviors, and, yes, perhaps even defend them.

It is incredibly sad, but true.

Best,

Rich

If he in fact had a sawed-off shotgun then he is in violation of federal law. That would distinguish him from the law-abiding citizens whose rights we all support and defend.

That being said, I take any such allegations in the press with a huge grain of salt. They don't know a sawed-off shotgun from a field gun. Sometimes the police don't either.

While I think the comments and coverage of the arsenal are ridiculous, I have to say that the guns he owns aren't TOTALLY irrelevant to the fact that he's charged with assault and possession of a 'sawed off shotgun'. The shotgun at least raises a question about what other guns he owns, and whether or not they're legal, etc.

But the headlines of 38 gun arsenal blow it way out of proportion. The story says he was charged with the sawed off shotgun but never mentions that he legally owned the other 37.

Saying "Man who legally owned 37 guns, charged with illegally owning one other one." would not be 'entertaining enough' and might make it sound like some poor schlepp made a small mistake.

I wonder if they took out the 'short ruler' and found that his shotgun was 1/16 of an inch too short. It's been known to happen.

But the headlines of 38 gun arsenal blow it way out of proportion. The story says he was charged with the sawed off shotgun but never mentions that he legally owned the other 37.

Saying "Man who legally owned 37 guns, charged with illegally owning one other one." would not be 'entertaining enough' and might make it sound like some poor schlepp made a small mistake.

I wonder if they took out the 'short ruler' and found that his shotgun was 1/16 of an inch too short. It's been known to happen.
There is also the matter of a state that has charged people with all sorts of things that definitively fail on even cursory inspection of the press photos of the 'arsenal' in question.

So, again, while I have zero sympathy for a 'wife beater', who if proved should have the book thrown at him, I have ZERO faith in the legitimacy of weapons charges in this state that are routinely designed for headline shock value at the expense of reality.

In the end, LEOs do themselves no favors when they participate in the DA/AG/Press' political fraud/theater in this matter. I do hope they consider that in their own individual actions. I know many of them would not participate in this, but this is one of those states that more than others lets this garbage pass.

Last edited:
not condoning him putting his hands on her, BUT...

i still fail to see what "A" has to do with "B"??? at no point did she ever say that he threatend her with a gun... i always find this to be the stupidest cause for seizure of guns. And IMO until they can prove he assulted her, he has not violated the law, but this is MA...

If he in fact had a sawed-off shotgun then he is in violation of federal law. That would distinguish him from the law-abiding citizens whose rights we all support and defend.

That being said, I take any such allegations in the press with a huge grain of salt. They don't know a sawed-off shotgun from a field gun. Sometimes the police don't either.

I agree, in the end I bet the sawed off shotgun charge turns out to be false. Now if he was chocking her he should be put away.

not condoning him putting his hands on her, BUT...

i still fail to see what "A" has to do with "B"??? at no point did she ever say that he threatend her with a gun... i always find this to be the stupidest cause for seizure of guns. And IMO until they can prove he assulted her, he has not violated the law, but this is MA...

Hey Matt,

I have a problem with your logic here, my friend. We have a man that "allegedly" assaulted a woman. She has gone to the police about the matter. Charges have been filed.

This does not feel like one of those cases that we all dread. Where a soon to be ex-wife alleges that she is afraid of her soon to be ex-husband, without any evidence of physical violence or real threats, and the guns are taken away and a 209A put in place. This happens too many times as a tool to gain advantage in a divorce, or to punish the husband.

This case sounds like an honest to God woman beating slime bucket. I don't care if he has one gun or 38. History shows that men of this ilk have a propensity for further violence against the woman who has suffered the violence and gone to the police. I think this man should not be allowed to have his guns, based upon the facts as they were reported.

Am I alone here? Anyone agree or disagree?

Best,

Rich

I hate when I find a thread too late and everyone has said what I was gonna say. Oh well... at least no one posted this yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
So he chokes her, then she decides: "okay, lets go to the store"??? What a dumbass...These two were made for one another....Ten bucks says they'll announce their nuptials soon....

He chokes hell out of her, thus working up a powerful thirst. He could use a six pack to quench the thirst, and calm his nerves. As a result of the choking, she could use something for a sore throat and a generic anti-inflammatory for the swelling.

So they walk together to the store. It's a warm night and they both need to get out of that stuffy apartment for a while.

Really. It makes perfect sense to me. But I worked at Store 24 on Main Street in Worcester for two-and-a-half years.

I'll bet they picked up a box of baking soda as well.

Back
Top Bottom