• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police arrest man with arsenal in Lynn; 38 guns seized

W

wolf223

http://www.itemlive.com/articles/2010/06/03/news/news06.txt

[hmmm]

LYNN - A domestic assault led police to the arrest of a Lynn man who was found to be harboring a large arsenal of firearms in his apartment.

Lawrence Van Harvey, 28, of 69 Goodridge St., #3, was charged with possession of a sawed-off shotgun, domestic assault and battery and assault and battery with a dangerous weapon.

Harvey was arraigned Wednesday at Lynn District Court by Judge Ellen Flatley and was ordered held without bail pending a dangerousness hearing scheduled for June 8.

Police were alerted to the situation when the alleged victim reported a domestic assault Tuesday around 8 p.m.

Earlier in the day, the victim said she had driven her live-in boyfriend to a friend's house in Peabody and had gotten into an argument with him over purchasing alcohol. When they got back to their apartment on Goodridge Street, the couple engaged in another argument, where Harvey allegedly "lost it."

Harvey, who is employed as a plumber, was said to have choked the victim with both hands on and off for several minutes. After she managed to get away, the victim said she attempted to gather her belongings to leave, when Harvey allegedly knocked her down again and continued to choke her.

Moments later, the couple decided to go to the store together, but when they got in the hallway, the victim said Harvey slammed the front door on her hand, causing her to scream. Harvey then came out of the apartment and allegedly knocked the victim to the floor and covered her mouth with his hand.

After a few minutes, the couple walked outside and the victim again asked for her belongings. Harvey was said to have gone back upstairs and proceeded to throw all of her items off of the third floor porch. Gathering her things, the victim said she drove around for an hour before she reported the incident to the police.

Minor scratches were found on the victim's left arm and on her throat. After being advised to obtain an emergency restraining order, the victim told police that Harvey had at least 10 guns in the apartment, along with reinforced doors and two pit bulls.

When police went to the apartment to place Harvey under arrest, they found a large arsenal of firearms and ammunition. A total of 38 firearms were seized, including 16 handguns and 22 shotguns and rifles. Police say Harvey has two firearms licenses, one from Massachusetts and the other from New Hampshire.

A Arsenal is 38 guns? I had no idea I had a Arsenal too. At what point do you move from to the arsenal level and when do you reach he level of Armory?

Saw that in the Item online today with the 2 or 3 other assaults/assault with a deadly weapon this past week I gotta get the hell out of this state and the sooner the better. If I didn't know better I'd say the locals are all going insane.

What a jerk (assuming the facts as alleged)... thought we should note for the antis that even with an "arsenal" of weapons, the weapon used here were the same ones we all carry... (his hands in case they really are that dense).

My daddy always told me..."you never hit women or children."

Whether it was an arsenal or not, this guy screwed the pooch and deserves what he gets. People like that are very poor examples of gun owners.

THIS. !!

After following a bunch of these stories, any qty in double digits is an arsenal.

Just trying to be creative here... since he used his hands in the assault... what if they removed his hands instead. That way they could leave the guns!

This is the part that boggles my tiny little mind:

...was said to have choked the victim with both hands on and off for several minutes. After she managed to get away, the victim said she attempted to gather her belongings to leave, when Harvey allegedly knocked her down again and continued to choke her.

Moments later, the couple decided to go to the store together,...

So, the boyfriend chokes her, & then they figure they'll go down to the packie for some Schlitz? [thinking]

So, the boyfriend chokes her, & then they figure they'll go down to the packie for some Schlitz? [thinking]

I thought that as well, this story gets a WTF factor of 5 out of 6 possible.

Some sketchy details here to be certain.

And continues with...

After a few minutes, the couple walked outside and the victim again asked for her belongings. Harvey was said to have gone back upstairs and proceeded to throw all of her items off of the third floor porch. Gathering her things, the victim said she drove around for an hour before she reported the incident to the police.

I know that if I had been violently assaulted twice, in the space of a few minutes, I'd certainly ride around for an hour before I called the authorities to report it.

Perhaps I'm too harsh. Maybe she had to call her friends on her cell phone to get advice about what to do.

Sometimes there just isn't enough FAIL to go around.

OTOH, I'm pretty sure I've reached the arsenal level. I shall have to conduct a count to make sure. [wink]

Just think of all of the folks on this forum who have ARSENALS just waiting to be seized.

I wish I could get a definition of what constitutes an ARSENAL so that I could at least think about staying below that level to avoid discriminatory prosecution. (fat chance)

I know that if I had been violently assaulted twice, in the space of a few minutes, I'd certainly ride around for an hour before I called the authorities to report it.
Well, as much room as i will leave for just about anything to have actually happened, I'd never presume to know what went through her head.

It's one thing to call the police when a 'stranger' attacks you, but someone with whom you are in a relationship things get very complicated.

For all we know, she could have been considering the hot poker he'd be impaled on for having 38 guns and having lost it with his SO (and thinking this was more than he deserved). Anything from BS, to battered woman syndrome to genuinely stopping to think about the consequences of her actions is possible...

I don't think that part of the scenario proves or demonstrates anything other than the expected complexity of domestic violence.

FTR, the appropriate punishment for assaulting your SO is indeed impalement on a hot poker if proved...

Last edited:
Well, look on the bright side. He didn't shoot her...

{insert facepalm here...}

Yup, no firearms involved, he must love her...[kiss]

HEY!! He needed a ride to get more beer. [wink]

And continues with...

Perhaps I'm too harsh. Maybe she had to call her friends on her cell phone to get advice about what to do.

Sometimes there just isn't enough FAIL to go around.

OTOH, I'm pretty sure I've reached the arsenal level. I shall have to conduct a count to make sure. [wink]

Riding around for an hour trying to find [STRIKE]a cop maybe?[/STRIKE] some crack? [thinking]

wow a useless fight with a girl and lost your rights to own fire arms. this is GREAT!!! -_-" Come on man girls are all over the place, dump this one and find a new one. Jesus chirst. And why do you need to have many damn weapons lol.

wow a useless fight with a girl and lost your rights to own fire arms. this is GREAT!!! -_-" Come on man girls are all over the place, dump this one and find a new one. Jesus chirst. And why do you need to have many damn weapons lol.

Who's business is it how many he owns?

I think this is the way it works:
  • Ruger 10/22 and brick of ammunition: "high powered rifle and hundreds of rounds of cop-killer bullets"
  • Add any other gun: "weapons cache"
  • Anything else, including a pocket knife: "arsenal"

Having said that, the guy sounds like a real loser assuming the reporting is accurate, which it probably isn't.

Back
Top Bottom