• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police activity/gunfire in Brentwood, NH

R.I.P.

Ok, so what is the story?

Why did the officer go in alone if it was so dangerous that they were keeping everybody away?

Unfortunate incident for sll involved.

I request an immediate ban for the first person who posts the name of that town followed by the word strong.

R.I.P.

Ok, so what is the story?

Why did the officer go in alone if it was so dangerous that they were keeping everybody away?

It was a typical domestic 911 call by neighbors hearing an argument. A 46'ish year old son living with 88'ish father. First officer was shot and second was driven back by gunfire ( per fox 13 news). Then the fire and explosion.

(My speculation) These domestic calls are typical everyday calls. Cop was probably shot when the guy opened the door or just walking up to the house.

Last edited:
It was a typical domestic 911 call by neighbors hearing an argument. A 46'ish year old son living with 88'ish father. First officer was shot and second was driven back by gunfire ( per fox 13 news). Then the fire and explosion.

(My speculation) These domestic calls are typical everyday calls. Cop was probably shot when the guy opened the door or just walking up to the house.

You're not going to fit in well here unless you come up with a much more elaborate story involving oppressive police, intentional fires, and dead dogs.

You're not going to fit in well here unless you come up with a much more elaborate story involving oppressive police, intentional fires, and dead dogs.

True story.

If you hate us all so much why are you even still here?

[troll]

Because this

The silent majority are intelligent, thoughtful, and only chime in to help people or answer a question. I'm going to try harder to be more like them.

So the shooting takes place at 4:45, and the place catches fire and explodes at 5:50. Sounds like the fire/explosion might have been a suicide thing at the end of an hour long standoff.

So far a lot of sympathy, but it's early yet.

who knows, he might have been the 3% (made up statistic) of cops that actually try to help people and was going to help them figure out a solution to whatever they were fighting about. It sucks that a family doesn't have a dad to come home though, probably over something stupid.

who knows, he might have been the 3% (made up statistic) of cops that actually try to help people and was going to help them figure out a solution to whatever they were fighting about. It sucks that a family doesn't have a dad to come home though, probably over something stupid.

Just 3%, for a made up statistic you started very low, You must be gearing up????

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/cri...explodes-altercation-report-article-1.1789574

Arkell first responded to the home, about 25 miles east of Manchester, N.H., after an altercation between Nolan and his father at the duplex, WCVB reported. The officer was shot and and a second officer who tried to enter the home was "driven out by gunfire," Foster said at a news conference, Boston.com reported.
The homeowner, Walter Nolan, 86, was taken to a local hospital with unknown injuries.

How about we hold off on the wild speculation and preemptive accusations of wild speculation until we get any report of what started the fire...

Last edited:
Valley Patriot via FB

BREAKING..... We have confirmed that the Brentwood Police Officer (name withheld till family notified) was shot multiple times by a gunman as he responded to a domestic at the home of a 85 year OLD man and his son - house was boobytrapped and explosion cause home (duplex) to burn to the ground! We now have confirmed that the officer is dead. OUR HEARTS AND PRAYERS to the Brentwood NH Police Department and the officer's family as.... ironically.... police officers from across the country gather in Washington DC to commemorate the service and sacrifices of police officers killed in the line of duty. .....

UPDATE We also have word that the Cop Killer and his son were killed in the home when it exploded.... more as we get it....

So the updates are saying the old man was also killed during the fire but the initial report has the neighbor saying the old man was taken away before the fire started. hmm

Neighbor Susan Hughes told the Portsmouth Herald she saw Walter Nolan being taken from the scene by ambulance before the fire began.

I think the reports of the old man being ok are right. I remember seeing footage of an old timer on a stretcher being taken away last night and the hospital reporting someone from the scene being treated and is ok. HIPPA probably is why we don't know full details from them. Sad situation for sure.

Fox 25 Boston reported that the owners of the senior center/condo association (whatever it is) have told the residents not to talk to the press.

Wonder what that's all about?

Strange.

Fox 25 Boston reported that the owners of the senior center/condo association (whatever it is) have told the residents not to talk to the press.

Strange.

The son was under 55, a big, big deal for a sleepy 55 and over community. I heard one neighbor going on and on about how that's a violation of rules and it shouldn't have happened. You would have though it was a drug house from the way she was talking about it. I wouldn't be surprised if they (community management) knew the son was there, and they are worried about a lawsuit by the owners of the other unit that burned down.

Strange.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/20...e-brentwood/rf9gm1rfytbfCJr6N3I2BP/story.html

Felisa Blazek, at the scene, said she has lived behind the Mill Pond Road home for about four years. She was inside her house when she said she heard screaming.

“It seemed like a domestic situation between my neighbor and his son,” said Blazek.

Shortly after the argument, Blazek said police arrived and she heard a gunshot.

“At first it was just one, and then there was rapid gun fire,” she said. “It wouldn’t stop.”

She said she and her son ran to the second floor of their home to look out the window. They saw over 100 police officers and SWAT team members on scene.

“They started screaming at us to ‘get out of the house,’ ” she said. “It was scary.”

Blazek said the suspect’s house then erupted in flames.

The neighbor said she has had trouble with Nolan in the past.
“He’s yelled at my kids while they were playing before and threatened their lives,” said Blazek. “And now look.”

Back
Top Bottom