• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Police activity/gunfire in Brentwood, NH

Fox 25 Boston reported that the owners of the senior center/condo association (whatever it is) have told the residents not to talk to the press.

Wonder what that's all about?

Strange.

Probably fears of liability. My guess is this was a known "problem house" and the HOA did nothing about it.

-Mike

I'm still going with the the "unintentional intentional fire caused by police canisters" theory without evidence to the contrary.

They haven't figured out how to make CS cans unable to cause fires yet? Because a suicidal standoff without hostages usually ends up in flames or a hail of gunfire. Just sayin...

It was said that 2 officers responded, one got shot the other retreated.

The first officer was alone originally. Neighbors called 911 ( second time ) when shots were fired. The second officer was called, who was from Fremont which is the next town over. When he arrived he was able to make it into the home, where he found officer Arkell lying on the floor with fatal wounds. The suspect started shooting at him and he was able to retreat out the back out of the house. Listening to the press conference it sounds like officer Arkell was ambushed. My condolences to the family.

Why provoke trouble in a thread that wasn't headed that way?

I'm still going with the the "unintentional intentional fire caused by police canisters" theory without evidence to the contrary.

It was gonna happen.....Oh wait, it did

Sorry, but I broke the tinfoil ice earlier :-D
So the guy kills a cop, barricades himself in... and they Dorner the shit out of his house?

I could be wrong, I have no evidence that I'm right, just tinfoil. Just aluminum warp.

(SIC)

The first officer was alone originally. Neighbors called 911 ( second time ) when shots were fired. The second officer was called, who was from Fremont which is the next town over. When he arrived he was able to make it into the home, where he found officer Arkell lying on the floor with fatal wounds. The suspect started shooting at him and he was able to retreat out the back out of the house. Listening to the press conference it sounds like officer Arkell was ambushed. My condolences to the family.

Thats pretty F'd up. I wonder how they got the first officer to the med flight. I would like to think if they had an officer down in the house they would be going in with force and it would have ended quick. Did they ever come out with the press conference? I waited up last night but dont think they ever had one.

Thats pretty F'd up. I wonder how they got the first officer to the med flight. I would like to think if they had an officer down in the house they would be going in with force and it would have ended quick. Did they ever come out with the press conference? I waited up last night but dont think they ever had one.

I'd guess that the second officer pulled the first out as he was retreating. They had him at the hospital when the house blew up, didn't they?

No, they did not. The officer's body was recovered today. Here's an update from Fox News.
http://www.myfoxboston.com/story/25...om-site-of-fatal-nh-police-shooting-explosion

New Hampshire Assistant Attorney General Jane Young said after being found handcuffed in the driveway, Walter Nolan was transported to the hospital. He has since been treated and released.
That sounds odd...

So the first officer was found in the house. Early reports said he was taken to the hospital with serious injuries - did they confuse that with the second officer, or the 86yr old?

Last edited:
That sounds odd...

So the first officer was found in the house. Early reports said he was taken to the hospital with serious injuries - did they confuse that with the second officer, or the 86yr old?

I have no idea. The press probably speculated and the police more than likely let them due to the fact an officer was dead inside and they did not want that information to get out before family was notified.
The Herald has an updated story.
http://bostonherald.com/news_opinio...ties_probing_nh_cop_kill_suspect_s_background

I have no idea. The press probably speculated and the police more than likely let them due to the fact an officer was dead inside and they did not want that information to get out before family was notified.
The Herald has an updated story.
http://bostonherald.com/news_opinio...ties_probing_nh_cop_kill_suspect_s_background

Fremont Police Officer Derek Franek arrived at 4:14 p.m, when he was met by Walter Nolan on the home’s front lawn. Franek handcuffed him for what Young said were “safety reasons” and entered the home, where he saw a wall that had been “sprayed with bullets” and a fatally injured Arkell on the floor on his back.
well that explains the previous report of "finding him handcuffed in the driveway"

I'm just waiting for someone to do the math and "figure out" that a state with liberal gun laws has lost two LEOs in the past couple years and MA hasn't lost one for at least...oh...5 years or so.

Clear proof that the MA gun laws are working. Just waiting for the NH legislature to step up and do the right thing.

/sarcasm.

R.I.P. Officer.

I'm just waiting for someone to do the math and "figure out" that a state with liberal gun laws has lost two LEOs in the past couple years and MA hasn't lost one for at least...oh...5 years or so.

Clear proof that the MA gun laws are working. Just waiting for the NH legislature to step up and do the right thing.

/sarcasm.

R.I.P. Officer.

The low number of offers lost between Ma. and N.H. is to low for comparison. It is so low that no reasonable/logical person could come to a fare conclusion of the type that you mention. Were any of the officers in New Hampshire injured by Ma. residents? More food for thought.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom