• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Pocket Carry

I have pocket carried over 25 years. no issues!

Just choose a pistol that fits in your pocket and you can gain access easily.

My pocket carry pistol as on the past few years. The Bodyguard 380.

IMG_0240.jpg IMG_0239.jpg

Alabama holsters makes a decent kydex pocket holster. I love Sticky holsters. Remora not so much. Have a Alabama for my XDS 9 and it's good. Stickys for my LCP, Shield 40 and they r great

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

I pocket carry a g26 in a kydex holster with one in the chamber. Much more comfortable than it sticking me in the side and I've never had anyone ask me if I had a hard glock in my pocket.

I carry cocked and locked, no problems. Is that condition 1?

That said, I am considering switching to a PM9 to reduce the need for .380 and add some defense power.

This^ Sig p238 condition 1 cocked and locked in kydex holster. Nothing else in pocket. Why would anyone carry a 1911 style pistol in anything but condition one? [shocked]

Also pocket carry a bodyguard 380, although i usually iwb it. I normally have safety on when in the comforts of my own home or at someone elses house then switch safety off when out and about

+ for Mika holsters pocket carry LCR in one. Also good point about not grabbing a falling gun, same applies to knifes. I worked as a chef and used a 10 inch chefs knife every day. You don't want to try and grab one of those either. You can train to not grab things, more of a mindset, fingers open and hands go up as soon as something falls from your grip.

It's one of those great advices that are impossible to follow. It's a natural reaction to try to catch whatever you drop. Of course, you can try to condition yourself by dropping your gun on the floor hundred times a day on purpose and not trying to catch it [smile]

Work as a blacksmith. You will learn quickly to let things fall that you dropped.

OP, you're over-thinking this. I've been carrying a S&W Model 60 in a pocket (holstered) for years. No one ever knows it's there and it's never gone off, nor do I expect it to as the trigger is quite covered.

I met a guy out in Seattle at one of our Microsoft events . . . he had grabbed for his G17 as it fell and ended up blowing away his lower jaw. NOT recommended!!! bfm is right, let it go and it isn't likely to "go off" and injure you or someone else.

Work as a blacksmith. You will learn quickly to let things fall that you dropped.

I seem to recall learning this lesson as a CUB SCOUT taking my Knife & Axe merit badge: if you drop it, LET IT FALL! I just try to get my feet out of the way, but I will NOT try and grab for it. (My days as a Cub were in the late 60's, IIRC. The lesson is well and truly learned by now!)

I started pocket carrying a Bodyguard in a Mika 6 months ago. The bad news so far is that I've put 2 magazines through the wash. Good news is that they and the ammo that was in them still worked.

I usually have a Ruger LCR in some pocket leather holster i picked up and i just went back to my S+W Shield in a kydex pocket holster i picked up from a NES member a while back who makes them. Aside from the kydex one maybe needing something sticky on it i haven't had any issues. A holstered gun is a safe gun.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

I pocket carry every day. My new favorite holster isn't a holster at all. It's a pair of carpenter pants from Duluth Trading Post. Amongst all the other great features, these pants have a little pocket inside the right front pocket. My pocket pistol fits right in it perfectly. It holds it in a fixed, barrel-down position just like a pocket holster without the bulk. Best damn pants I've ever worn.

you have to force yourself to use it. When i first got my 442, i felt the same way even with it being DAO. Then i got a shield because i wanted more capacity, and didnt feel comfortable at all. I threw my 442 back in my pocket in a desantis nemesis and its like a big wallet. IMO, you haven't carried it enough. I will get used to my shield as well.

Back
Top Bottom