• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

PLEASE TURN IN ALL FIREARMS!

What would you do if the Govt began disarming?

• Bend over and take it like the good little citizen I am...

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Forfeit my rights, and use political avenues to try and get them back...

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • From my Cold-Dead Hands? aka Give em hell?

Votes: 53 36.1%
  • From my neighbors Cold-Dead Hands? aka wait for other people to give them hell?

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • Go into hiding w/ other NES guys and formulate a way to fight back?

Votes: 79 53.7%

• Total voters
It is my duty as an American to defend the Second Amendment and if left with only one option, that being to fight, then I will do so without hesitation.

i say lets try our best to abolish the ATF and get guns sold as private property just like the sliverware in our kitchen!!!!. they cant take our guns away from us if they have no records to follow and to even think of this is scary shit seems like SS troopers disarming eveybody during the third reich.

Last edited:
Many of us took an oath to "preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States from all enemies, foreign and domestic".

True. It would just be our turn to stand up for someone else. Another 200 years from now, People will be trying to decide how to hide there laser ray gamma guns or just a real top of the line 1911.

Yeah, quite depressing! I would just snip out the whole last part and that would make for a truly moving piece.

The thing is, the end is undoubtedly very necessary to illustrate that the problem is multi-pronged. The "war" to preserve freedom is as much a cultural one as it is a physical one, of sorts.

EG, having guns stowed away is great, but if society has deteriorated to the point where it demonizes nearly everyone who even talks about one, to the point where someone would turn in one of their own relatives, then it's all for nothing. I think it also illustrates that acting sooner is a lot easier than acting later, as time goes on the brainwashing from the statist authoritarians will be more deeply rooted.

That's the worst danger- that any act of resistance, whether violent or not, would not be met by an outpouring of support by enough people to matter. For example, many people would view Patricia Konie as a victim
of government bullying- but if the same thing happens 50 years from now, the public might see someone like her as a "crazy old lady with a EEEEVIL gun" who must be shackled and imprisoned- because the powers that be have succeeded into making a gun owner being morally equivalent to a crack peddler or child molester, to be burned at the stake if discovered. [sad2]

-Mike

The thing is, the end is undoubtedly very necessary to illustrate that the problem is multi-pronged. The "war" to preserve freedom is as much a cultural one as it is a physical one, of sorts.

EG, having guns stowed away is great, but if society has deteriorated to the point where it demonizes nearly everyone who even talks about one, to the point where someone would turn in one of their own relatives, then it's all for nothing. I think it also illustrates that acting sooner is a lot easier than acting later, as time goes on the brainwashing from the statist authoritarians will be more deeply rooted.

That's the worst danger- that any act of resistance, whether violent or not, would not be met by an outpouring of support by enough people to matter. For example, many people would view Patricia Konie as a victim
of government bullying- but if the same thing happens 50 years from now, the public might see someone like her as a "crazy old lady with a EEEEVIL gun" who must be shackled and imprisoned- because the powers that be have succeeded into making a gun owner being morally equivalent to a crack peddler or child molester, to be burned at the stake if discovered. [sad2]

-Mike

I wish you weren't right. But for too long have I witnessed gun owners now being demonized. i guess that's how it works though, brick by brick. First, demonize the object, next demonize the people who own and love that object, final stage, eliminate the demons for the common good.

The more people brought to our line of thinking, the less this scenario would be possible. Any effort spent in convincing people, is time well spent. Some liberal gun control supporters can be educated to our side. This I know as fact.

I mean no disrespect to those exhausted from talking to liberals, I only suggest that we need more people on our side. I humbly suggest that trying to go all the way, and turn a liberal into a conservative is too hard. But getting some of them to understand that gun control works only to raise violent crime rates, and that we all have a responsibility to protect ourselves from crime, and to protect our families from some possible future oppressive government. Even to protect the nation.

The hostility towards the moonbats and liberals is obvious here (and with valid reasons), but we need them to become gun owners. We need to get thru to them.

FIGHT,
Yes, fight like hell. I was born free and intend to die that way. For if my own government comes for my firearms then things have gone to hell in a handbasket anyways. You want my guns, then come and take them. If I had to I'd put what the Corps has taught me use where my concience dictates. The brave only die once, the cowardly die a thousand times. I feel in my heart that it is better to die on my feet that to crawl like a coward.
smitty

On a side note, in a recent discussion with an anti gun radical I told him that I was willing to die for what I believe in (my freedom). I then asked him if was he willing to die to try and deprive me of my rights? I then told him no, he'd rely off somebody else to do it because he lacked the will for violence.

This gun grabbing starts in the schools and ends up in the statehouse! Take a look at the direction educational institutions are going in right now. A minority of people having the influence and trust of the majority.

This gun grabbing starts in the schools and ends up in the statehouse! Take a look at the direction educational institutions are going in right now. A minority of people having the influence and trust of the majority.

Are going? Try already there...[rolleyes] Have you stepped foot on a college campus. The crap they feed to the sheep would make you quiver in your boots. And the sheep that flock to it is even more appauling.

To each of you who replied that you intend to "shoot-it-out" if necessary, I wonder how you see the scenario unfolding?

Before we go further, I want to make it clear that I agree completely with the notion that resistance is incumbent upon us as Americans. We have a duty to stand up to the government that would strip us of our arms.

That said, I ask you to follow the thought through. Who do you imagine will arrive that fateful day? Will it be the local police, or the National Guard? In other words, will it be our friends and neighbors? Or, will it be the Feds or even the Military (our standing forces)

Further, are we going to shoot it out with fellow Americans? Billy, the neighbor's kid, now a rookie cop, or an 18 year old guardsman, trying to pay his way through college? Are we going to shoot these people? Will they shoot us? Do we accept that to resist that day will require shooting, and shooting will lead to (your) death? This means that when the doorbell "rings" you need to fetch your already-loaded weapons and say goodbye to your family because you can't possibly believe that, after a protracted gun battle, "they" will just go away...

It's a lot to consider. It's fundamentally loose-loose.

My only point is that the highest ROI (return on investment) in violent resistance, may not come on "day-one" with the grabber's at your front door, but may in fact, be achieved on a later day, when you've had time to prepare in the myriad ways necessary.

I have no answers. I make no promises. I simply wonder what others think when (if) they think this through to its logical conclusion. Hyperbole aside, friends.

Last edited:
To each of you who replied that you intend to "shoot it out" if necessary, I wonder how you see the scenario unfolding?

Before we go further, I want to make it clear that I agree completely with the notion that resistance is incumbent upon us as Americans. We have a duty to stand up to the government that would strip us of our arms.

That said, I ask you to follow the thought through. Who do you imagine will arrive that fateful day? Will it be the local police, or the National Guard? In other words, will it be our friends and neighbors? Or, will it be the Feds or even the military?

Further, are we going to shoot it out with fellow Americans? The neighbor's kid that finally made the local force, or an 18 year old guardsman, trying to pay his way through college? Are we going to shoot these people? Will they shoot us? Do we accept that to resist requires shooting and to shoot will lead to (your) death? This means that when the doorbell "rings" you need to fetch your already-loaded weapons and say goodbye to your family because you can't possibly believe that, after a protracted gun battle, "they" will just go away...

My only point is that the highest ROI (return on investment) in violent resistance, may not come on "day one" with the grabber's at your front door, but may in fact, be achieved on a later day when you've had time to prepare in the myriad ways necessary.

I have no answers. I make no promises. I'm just sort of wondering what other people think when (if) they think this through to its logical conclusion. Hyperbole aside, friends.

It would depend. If it's something that is forwarned, as in you have a week's notice or a month's notice then I believe as American's we must ban together and consider using force. If someone's knocking at my door asking me to forfeit the only means to defend your rights, he or she is no American in my eyes and no friend indeed.

I'm not sure how this situation would ever play out. But if I got a knock on my door by COP/MIL/girlscout cookie seller asking me to forfeit my rights, I will inform them that any act made against my liberties will be met with force!

To each of you who replied that you intend to "shoot-it-out" if necessary, I wonder how you see the scenario unfolding?

That said, I ask you to follow the thought through. Who do you imagine will arrive that fateful day? Will it be the local police, or the National Guard? In other words, will it be our friends and neighbors? Or, will it be the Feds or even the Military (our standing forces)

Further, are we going to shoot it out with fellow Americans? Billy, the neighbor's kid, now a rookie cop, or an 18 year old guardsman, trying to pay his way through college? Are we going to shoot these people? Will they shoot us? Do we accept that to resist that day will require shooting, and shooting will lead to (your) death? This means that when the doorbell "rings" you need to fetch your already-loaded weapons and say goodbye to your family because you can't possibly believe that, after a protracted gun battle, "they" will just go away...

My only point is that the highest ROI (return on investment) in violent resistance, may not come on "day-one" with the grabber's at your front door, but may in fact, be achieved on a later day, when you've had time to prepare in the myriad ways necessary.

I have no answers. I make no promises. I simply wonder what others think when (if) they think this through to its logical conclusion. Hyperbole aside, friends.

I would say that anyone who truly values his freedom will "shoot it out" with whomever is trampling on his/her rights. Too bad for the neighbor's rookie cop son or 18 yr old guardsman. IF they CHOOSE to follow illegal/unconstitutional orders just to "pay their way through college" then, well...f*** THEM. My rights are more important than your financial security or higher ed aspirations...

My friends and neighbors stop being my friends and neighbors when they act to enforce illegal and oppressive laws on behalf of the corrupt .gov.

They would have a grand 'ole time on my street. Three houses in a row would erupt!! Would not be pretty! Live free or die MF! jp

AMEN to that! Hence the reason I'd give that warning...simply state:

"Any action taken against my civil liberties will be met with deadly force!"

I couldn't paint a better picture for whomever that poor bastard happens to be ringing the bell. If he ignored the warning against mine and his better judgement that's his problem, not mine!

I would say that anyone who truly values his freedom will "shoot it out" with whomever is trampling on his/her rights. Too bad for the neighbor's rookie cop son or 18 yr old guardsman. IF they CHOOSE to follow illegal/unconstitutional orders just to "pay their way through college" then, well...f*** THEM. My rights are more important than your financial security or higher ed aspirations...

My friends and neighbors stop being my friends and neighbors when they act to enforce illegal and oppressive laws on behalf of the corrupt .gov.

Exactly. If your the officer/FBI Agent/ ATF agent, whatever. When you make a conscious decision to take away someones constitutional rights when they are a law obiding citizen its tough shit for you. I know if I was a LEO and was asked to confriscate citizens guns for a nation wide gun ban I absolutely would not. Morals are more important than my job. It is very important for Law Enfocement to realize this and realize that they cannot do this so that they will not if they are told to.

Also, everyone on page 4 is right. Keep talking about this stuff and make it the norm and it will remain that way. The cultural war to make guns evil and make criminals victims cannot rule the majority of minds in this nation and we have to do our part every day to ensure that.

If then, for the sake of discussion, we assume that we're prepared to shoot it out with anyone who comes to collect our firearms, do we accept that our part in the story will end that day, since a fire-fight will eventually result our death?

The house will be surrounded. "They" will have access to assault toys, food, water, power and ammo, all of which will be limited, or curtailed for you, eventually. So, in the end, you'll take a few careless ones with you, but they will prevail that day.

No.

If armed resistance is the only solution, I will choose the time and place for my battle. I will distribute firearms to my associates and I will make a big noise on the way out. I will not be a pre-sports, news-blip for the Fox 6:00 news so some bubble-headed news twit can say, "My gosh, that's quite a story, back to you Chip!"

So who are the sheep in our midst that answered thus:

Bend over and take it like the good little citizen I am... 1 1.10%

Forfeit my rights, and use political avenues to try and get them back... 2 2.20%

So who are the sheep in our midst that answered thus:

Bend over and take it like the good little citizen I am... 1 1.10%

Forfeit my rights, and use political avenues to try and get them back... 2 2.20%

I'd say look around us; see who wears glasses. Clearly they were shooting for another category and, far-sighted as they are, selected the wrong button.

HMMMMM Lets see .

You said gun right ?

I think i saw one in a movie once with John Wayne.

They go bang and make lots of smoke right .

I dont have any , and i have no idea how you think i did have any .

Whats this thing called firearm registration your talking about.

FA 10 what the hell is a FA 10 ?

You have the wrong guy honest i dont have 80 firearms must be my twin brother .

Yeah thats it , hes always getting me in trouble , damnit

If your wondering how it will go down, look at how it went down in New Orleans.

If then, for the sake of discussion, we assume that we're prepared to shoot it out with anyone who comes to collect our firearms, do we accept that our part in the story will end that day, since a fire-fight will eventually result our death?

The house will be surrounded. "They" will have access to assault toys, food, water, power and ammo, all of which will be limited, or curtailed for you, eventually. So, in the end, you'll take a few careless ones with you, but they will prevail that day.

No.

If armed resistance is the only solution, I will choose the time and place for my battle. I will distribute firearms to my associates and I will make a big noise on the way out. I will not be a pre-sports, news-blip for the Fox 6:00 news so some bubble-headed news twit can say, "My gosh, that's quite a story, back to you Chip!"

Or it will echo throughout the gun-owning Americans that this is the price for freedom. Possibly it will re-educate American's on what it means to be American. People may grow bolder, and more willing to challenge. Or, like you said you will be portrayed as a crazed gunman who had a shootout w/ police. Either way, the message would be pretty clear, alive or dead!

This whole thread is moot

Since the SCOTUS will be ruling in our favor in June, there will NEVER be an outright total gun ban in the U.S. period. The real question is, supposing the decision is favorable but still allows for the status quo (MA, CA, NY, Jersey laws) to spread, how much more of this shit will all of us take. IMO, this country is far beyond repair by "working within the system". I like this quote as it sums up my sentiments:

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards." — Claire Wolfe 101 Things to Do 'Til the Revolution (1996)

If it is too early, not by much....

Or it will echo throughout the gun-owning Americans that this is the price for freedom. Possibly it will re-educate American's on what it means to be American. People may grow bolder, and more willing to challenge.

Doubt it. No one rallied behind Carl Drega..

Or, like you said you will be portrayed as a crazed gunman who had a shootout w/ police. Either way, the message would be pretty clear, alive or dead!

Likely outcome...

If your wondering how it will go down, look at how it went down in New Orleans.

I don't think that N.O. is representative of how it would happen. The people who have guns taken were under extreme duress, unprepared to resist and unable to given the larger circumstances.

If a ban were enforced during an otherwise peaceful moment, I believe you'd see more resistance along the lines of what you've read so far.

Back
Top Bottom