1. If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

2. Dismiss Notice

Pistol found in backpack at daycare

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DTOM537, Aug 11, 2019.

1. xtry51

xtry51

But hey, let's not stop that from ruining an entire family's worth of lives right? I mean destroying a family and running someone through the MA gunnlegal system is totally proportional response to leaving an object inadvertently bag right?

2. 42!

42! NES Life Member NES Member

Someone deliberately put it in the bag, explain how someone puts in in the bag without meaning to put it in the bag? Logically impossible unless you believe a person's body can be magically used to carry out an action without the person knowing it.

They may not have intended to leave it there.
    They may not have intended for it to be found.
    But they definitely intended to put it there. That was the choice. That was the negligent act.

FreeSiftyTheven and oldguy47 like this.
  3. AntiHippie

AntiHippie

As someone with a DUI on their record from the 90’s, I agree. DUI is a real, actual public safety risk and is inexcusable. (I don’t remember getting in the car that night I did it, let alone behind the wheel, but there is zero excuse I can make for it. Fortunately the car I was driving, a fence, and a utility pole were the only innocent fatalities)

4. Varmint

Varmint NES Member

You've never put anything in the wrong drawer, wrong backpack, wrong pocket? That's impressive.

You're assuming his bag was a Pokémon backpack, maybe it was just a regular backpack and dad mistook it for his own. Or kid took the wrong backpack. He could be 5 and grabs his own backpack. Mornings with little kids are crazy hectic. Mistakes are made.

5. xtry51

xtry51

IMO the only person in this situation who should be facing legal action is the snowflake liberal who lost their mind and called the cops because they found a gun and are terrified of them.

This is the type of person all you people calling for this guy to be punished are supporting. The old see something say something 1984 nanny state bullshit.

Super99Z and Jason Flare like this.
  6. Varmint

Varmint NES Member

It's about making gun owners live in constant fear of persecution. If they can't have Communist re-education camps, they'll re-educate the Deplorables hiding in their own homes. If it means ruining some kids lives, well they're Democrats so the end justifies any means.

7. nstassel

nstassel NES Member

Not necessarily. The cop in Weston had his loaded gun fall into his recycling bin at the end of his driveway from his safe.

8. one-eyed Jack

one-eyed Jack Manufacturer Dealer NES Member

Not legal action, but they could have just called dad to come and pick it up. Jack.

9. Varmint

Varmint NES Member

Like someone said a gun is a tool. I misplace or lose tools all the time, including box cutters. Luckily no airliners have been hijacked as a result of my negligence.

Super99Z and Jason Flare like this.
  10. Picton

Picton NES Member

I could be wrong, but Commonwealth v Cruz is (I think) still the binding precedent on whether daycares are GFZs, and they are. Sprouts is licensed by DESE. My feeling is that the employees didn’t have a choice but to report the gun.

Again, I could be wrong, and yes I think GFZs are monumentally dumb. But I also think unsecured handguns within reach of toddlers is every bit as dangerous as drunk drivers, so what do I know?

Gak44 likes this.
  11. DTOM537

DTOM537 NES Member

You don’t misplace a gun... a gun is not a wrench. I can’t believe people are defending this guy lol sad real sad, I know where everyone of my guns are, at all times. He did not. There are no excuses for what he did. Again he is lucky nothing happened....

commodon, citoriguy and BigTimber like this.
  12. BigTimber

BigTimber NES Member

Yeah. They’re not the retards here. They had ZERO choice but to call the fuzz for a few reasons.

Picton likes this.
  13. jpk

jpk

But you said it was put there intentionally

I think the chances that a parent of a child that all other indications are that they care about....... intentionally placing a gun in the bag they intended to accompany the child is approaching 0%

We going to start cutting peoples heads off for simple mistakes where no one was harmed?

14. one-eyed Jack

If you or I had found the gun, the outcome would have been quite different. We would have called dad. Jack.

Jason Flare, jpk and Cipher like this.
  15. Picton

Picton NES Member

You’re not an employee at at a DESE-licensed daycare. If you are, you call or you lose your job and whatever certification you’ve got.

BigTimber likes this.
  16. Cipher

Cipher NES Member

That would be the appropriate response but this is Mass where the media and hysteria patrol need to be involved in every affair.

17. fshalor

fshalor NES Member

We have guns in the F**ucking United States. They were used to secure this country when it was born. All citizens born here should know what the F to do if one ends up in their hands. And all citizens of any age who lack that training should be given it.

18. DTOM537

DTOM537 NES Member

Are u serious. ? Kids at a day care ? What are they like 2-3 years old u can’t be serious. This has to be one of the stupidest things I have read In a while

19. jpk

jpk

Translation

Mass is (still) retarded

20. one-eyed Jack

Well, it would depend on who knew about the gun. If only me, I would have called and met him outside. Jack.

Jason Flare and Cipher like this.
  21. Cipher

Cipher NES Member

"Sir I have your piece. Um.."
    "Uhm what?"
    "Screen name?"

Picton likes this.
  22. 42!

42! NES Life Member NES Member

You are missing the point, from my previous post;
    And I'll add that they may not have intended for it to go to the daycare.

But putting it in the kids bag was a specific, deliberate, and intended action. And forgetting it's in your kids bag would be negligence not an accident, since he had an obligation as a parent to do this. And when he put it in he should have been aware that if he didn't take it out it could end up at the daycare.

You want to excuse a deliberate act, putting it in the bag, as something he had no control over. That would mean it was magic, which I don't agree with. At the time and place that he was holding the gun and went to put it in the bag, his intention was to put it in the kids bag. There is no logical argument to this since someone had to put it in the bag (I've agreed to the slim possibility that it was someone else). If you can give me one non-magical way someone can move a gun from their hand and into a bag without a deliberate action or any knowledge, then I will concede the point.

23. oldguy47

oldguy47 NES Member

I agree completely! I don't rant often, but this is unbelievable!! HOW do you EVER put a weapon in a child's backpack, EVEN by mistake?!!

DTOM537 and 42! like this.
  24. swatgig

swatgig NES Member

Chained together with 999 of my associates at the
    If I found it, I would have kept it. Pretty much zero chance anyone would show up looking for it.

“Excuse me, but did anyone find a gun in my child’s backpack?”

Super99Z, jpk, Varmint and 7 others like this.
  25. PATRON

PATRON NES Life Member NES Member

COP

26. oldguy47

oldguy47 NES Member

B&&&S***!

27. DTOM537

DTOM537 NES Member

Are u saying I am a cop, Because of what I wrote? I am not a cop. But here in mass I will guarantee his ltc is as good as gone. If it’s not already pulled

28. oldguy47

oldguy47 NES Member

My pistol is one "tool" I NEVER misplace! Think of that whatever you want!

29. Sweeney

Sweeney NES Member

The way I see it, the kid has a better chance of survival playing with a loaded handgun than under the 'care' of DCF.

30. DTOM537

DTOM537 NES Member

I really am blown away that anyone would defend what he did, i don’t care if it’s a accident or not. It should have never happened. The guy is a loser, and clearly irresponsible, too lose a pistol, I mean really... and to put it in your kids back pack...

commodon likes this.