Pistol found in backpack at daycare

Loaded handgun found inside baby's backpack at Little Sprouts Daycare in Peabody

PEABODY, Mass. — Peabody policy and the Massachusetts Department of Children and Families are investigating after a loaded handgun was found inside a baby's backpack at a daycare facility.

Officials received a call from Little Sprouts Daycare just after 10 a.m. Friday.
staff member had attempted to get something out of the child's backpack, but instead found a loaded firearm inside.

Police say it belonged to the father who had dropped the child off that morning.

Police say the man did have a gun license.

He could face charges once the investigation is complete.

The school released a statement saying the family has been withdrawn from the school.

The statement reads in part: "I am proud of our team's prompt and responsive actions to protect the children in our school and we are grateful that all are safe."

I’m wondering what Dad’s NES handle is.

Stoopid. Total lack of awareness. Guy’s so oblivious that he forgets he put his gun in Junior’s bag and then sends it with him to Moonbat Central. I’m sure he puts A LOT of value on his LTC.

Last edited:
Bye bye license.

The daycare kicked them out and won’t let the kid back either

In a vast majority of this country, a gun is just a thing/tool. Guns are left out leaning against the corner by a door, in a sock drawer, in a tool box, center car console, diaper bag, or backpack,

Have you ever left a pocket knife in a jacket, pants, or backpack and forgotten about it?

I’m not saying it wasn’t a stupid mistake. But I don’t know all the facts here either.

Well you don’t send you kid to daycare with a pistol in there backpack... why would u put it in there to begin with, I mean really.. the guy is a total tard and he’s lucky nothing happened

Yes. People are ridiculous thinking somehow across a lifetime people don't make mistakes.
Sure, people make mistakes. But mistakes have consequences. And this mistake is unacceptable.
I've had guns since I was a kid and I've never made a mistake in their handling. Anyone can do this, if they put some thought into their actions. There are no "mistakes" when it comes to firearms, only "negligent actions". How bad and what the consequences are varies.

LTC is the least of his problems. According the the NECN report - The Department of Children and Families was also notified, according to the day care statement.

Yes. People are ridiculous thinking somehow across a lifetime people don't make mistakes.

Yeah, but this is a couple notches below leaving a kid in a hot car kind of mistake. Like even the people who accidentally bring guns tbrough tsa checkpoints, I get that mistake, it's pretty plausible, but the idea of storing a gun in a bag used by your infant kid at daycare is bonkers... even then, i still don't think he should be prosecuted. (or lose rights) This is the type of thing that at least with most normal people they would never ever forget it and probably never make that mistake again....

I'm not saying it wasn't a mistake. But to think he should have his kid kicked out and get his rights revoked is insane overreach. Does anyone think he'll let it happen again?

But hey ITS FOR THE CHILDREN RIGHT??

I agree, but it was still an avoidable error.

Agreed it's a 100% unacceptable mistake. However, I find the daycare's reaction 100% unacceptable too. Pretty sure that the mother's day out mine went to (in the South) would have called me and told me to come in and pick up what I had forgotten in my kid's backpack, then when I showed ask what the hell's wrong with me.

I'm not saying it wasn't a mistake. But to think he should have his kid kicked out and get his rights revoked is insane overreach. Does anyone think he'll let it happen again?

But hey ITS FOR THE CHILDREN RIGHT??
Private company (daycare) can kick a family out for any reason that doesn't violate the "protected classes".

In MA you have no "rights" only privileges alloted by the gov't.

Knowing how DCF operates, it is unlikely that he'll have any children to worry about in the near future, so no he won't let it happen again.

In the real USA I also agree that he'd likely never do such a stupid thing again.

Back
Top Bottom