People on the property.

Status
Not open for further replies.
tresspass2.JPG WOW...I wonder if the clown defending the TRESSPASSERS would want the lowlifes sitting on THEIR front lawns???? And, as a condo owner, she DOES own a legal interest in the common area. Kudos to her, for sticking up for her property rights. I own an industrial condo in Manchester, and almost ALL of the other owners will approach anyone they don't recognize hanging out in the parking lot. Oh, and almost ALL of them carry!

Trespassers hate Wagner And Beethhoven...

W-fFHeTX70Q

Wagner, you say???

Are you Sky's neighbor, you sure do seem to have control issues.

It sounds to me like you were infringing more on them, than them on you.
If you're going to live in a community such as a condo, there is going to be a give and take. You don't own the property!
It sounds to me like the only one they were bothering was you.
Or was it vice versa?
You really need to lighten up, or buy your own place out in the middle of nowhere.
And I think you should listen to your father, not your mother.
If you're going to carry, that's fine, but I don't believe that those two are any threat to you.

Stop feeding the swans

I'm just glad you merely got a headache and didn't die from the black guy's second hand marijuana drugs.

Become a cop

So you harass two people minding their own business enjoying nature and you think they are the problem?

Do you keep the balls that the kids throw Or hit over your fence?

APPROVED.

I know the democrats and the media perpetuate keeping us locked into smaller controllable groups.

I read the OP's post describing the situation and the thing I felt was the most irrelevant to the story is the fact that the guy was black and the woman was white.

In fact if the issue is trespassing and smoking weed it doesn't even really matter that it was a guy and a girl.

Using the phrase 'a couple of people' would get the point across equally well.

Carrying a firearm or any other weapon with the intent of confronting someone is a big mistake. In fact that is not why we carry at all.

Might be better to address any potential trespassing events with your association. Let them handle it.

Attend the meetings and explain the event and the concern. If more of the residents are aware of a potential situation then as a group you can get your association to act.

Look for a peaceful solution until there is no other alternative.

But the OP seems to be creating most of the encounters and should probably reconsider that strategy.

There is a swimming pool right outside my apartment, and we sometimes get people showing up to use it that don't live here.

Usually, it is one or two Moms, and some kids. And it usually in the middle of the day, when no one is using the pool anyway.

Most of the folks in my building are senior citizens, and we don't really use the pool. But we do pay for it by sharing the water bill and the electric bill.

I enjoy watching kids enjoy the pool, and as long as they respect the property and don't get noisy or leave a mess, I am happy to contribute to the kids having
a chance to cool off in this heat. After all, people also pay taxes for public pools all over town, what is the difference?

What does bother me are the old biddies that constantly bitch about it. You know, the ones who walk there dog out front and don't clean up after them, because
they think it is the Property Management's responsibility.

We also have a large pond on the property, filled with ducks, fish and snapping turtles. I don't mind people using it to have a picnic.....the more people around
the better the chance that nefarious folks stay away.

Some things are just not worth getting upset about. Except dog shit.....dog shit really pisses me off!

Well, I'm dealing with it again and just got an earful from my father. There was a black guy and his white girlfriend that drove onto my condo property and sat down on the bench by the pond, smoking pot. I didn't see them until I was out there to feed the swan but I could tell from the girl's body language, and from seeing here to know they don't live here. So while I was feeding the swans I told him I've never seen him before and asked where he lived. He pointed to the low income public housing on the other side of the fence. I asked him why he was here and he responded "enjoying the view." So I said it was private property if the cars and the buildings didn't tip him off and I didn't appreciate him trespassing while smoking pot as well. He said it was a cigarette, to which I responded it smelled a lot like pot. I told them I didn't want them to keep coming on the property and that if he was still here in a few minutes that I was calling the cops.

Smelling his drugs actually gave me a headache but not as big as what I got from my father for speaking to them. He wants me to ignore everyone which I won't do. I have no tolerance for people trespassing, damaging property, dumping garbage, doing drugs and hanging out. One morning I approached a young man, homeless I guess, sleeping in the gazebo and asked him to leave saying it was private property. He did, swiftly but still, my father's hair was on fire all day until I got home.

I won't stop approaching people on the property especially if I'm standing right near them because it's like someone flopping in my living room acting like I'm maid service. So he wants me to take a gun with me when I go out, so last night I got a concealed carry fanny pack.

I know some will say just move, however I bid on a job last month and a coworker in my office got selected Monday, I got the rejection on Friday. Even my boss got a new job last week. I dearly could have used the money to fix up my condo and move but clearly now that's not even a possibility.

Edit to add, my mother just gave me an earful and said I'd be the "death" of my father. I told her if I'm out there I'm going to say something as I can't call the cops every time someone shows up, especially if the condo association won't help. Two times I called the police and actually got voice mail. My hair dresser, who dates a cop, gave me another number to use. I saw people on the property being loud and hanging out so I called it. A cop came out, spoke to them and then left, but they stated for over and hour before leaving. I left a message for the police asking what is the good of requesting their assistance if they don't actually make the trespassers leave and they continue to linger even after having been spoken to. They said they'd mention it to the chief....

Laura
Question.....what does the color of their skin have to do with this? Black guy and his white girlfriend?!?!? I for one dont see what their melatonin levels have to do with this at all. Trespassers are trespassers right?

That said......are there no trespassing signs on the property? If not....get with the condo assn to get some put up.

As far as the pot.....do you really care what a grown man puts into his body? If it's in mass it's not an crime. Maybe it is a fine if its smoked in public.....but really? I've never once smoked weed. Dont care to. I have a teenage boy and when I am with him and see pot smokers in public.....I tell him that they are wasting their money and time with that shit......but that in america.....as a libertarian.....they have every right to poison their own bodies and smoke shit that lowers their ability to give a shit.

Last edited:
Question.....what does the color of their skin have to do with this? Black guy and his white girlfriend?!?!? I for one dont see what their melatonin levels have to do with this at all. Trespassers are trespassers right?

That said......are there no trespassing signs on the property? If not....get with the condo assn to get some put up.

As far as the pot.....do you really care what a grown man puts into his body? If it's in mass it's not an crime. Maybe it is a fine if its smoked in public.....but really? I've never once smoked weed. Dont care to. I have a teenage boy and when I am with him and see pot smokers in public.....I tell him that they are wasting their money and time with that shit......but that in america.....as a libertarian.....they have every right to poison their own bodies and smoke shit that lowers their ability to give a shit.

In Mass, for there to be a criminal trespass, there has to be posted signage or direct warnings forbidding entry. Someone isn't a trespasser unless they ignore a sign, are barred from entry, or are told to go away. Until that point, there's no trespass.

In Mass, for there to be a criminal trespass, there has to be posted signage or direct warnings forbidding entry. Someone isn't a trespasser unless they ignore a sign, are barred from entry, or are told to go away. Until that point, there's no trespass.
I concur

would not surprise me one bit if the condos you live in and the "property" over the fence are all owned by the same "people"

My Dad would have a solution to most problems.
1. always have some occupying the bench
2. Donate a bench to the property next door
3. Pot is no legal in Ma so now its up to any usage laws that may be in use for "when" can you smoke weed.
4. I know my buddy and all his smoking friends at his condo complex got all but hurt when a "no smoking" ban went into effect anywhere on the property out side your personal dwelling.

stop feeding the swans

There is a swimming pool right outside my apartment, and we sometimes get people showing up to use it that don't live here.

Usually, it is one or two Moms, and some kids. And it usually in the middle of the day, when no one is using the pool anyway.

Most of the folks in my building are senior citizens, and we don't really use the pool. But we do pay for it by sharing the water bill and the electric bill.

I enjoy watching the moms while the kids enjoy the pool,

FIFY... [laugh]

What is this "stop feeding the swans"?

???
Shouldn't feed wildlife......yes they are put in small ponds by people......but feeding them is not the best thing for them.

My town has a couple that they put in a local city owned pond....along with "dont feed the swans" signs.

It's called a fence with a locked gate or a big beautiful wall. No keys no entry.

The wife and I have a large parcel. Her attitude is similar to the OP’s. I would rather have a conversation with them and get their name and gauge their intent in trespassing. If it’s a neighborhood kid walking or cutting through on a dirt bike I just ask them to pass courteously.
I think being decent and having “allies” in the long run works better that just yelling at everyone to get off your lawn. You can’t be there every minute, and eventually someone you piss off will f*** up your stuff when you’re not home.
I’ll walk up to the power line bordering my property and the kids on dirt bikes and quads will ride over and say hi instead of scattering like roaches.

Shouldn't feed wildlife......yes they are put in small ponds by people......but feeding them is not the best thing for them.

My town has a couple that they put in a local city owned pond....along with "dont feed the swans" signs.

damn swans cost like 3000 dollars. tax money ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom