• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

PCC Advice

I don’t see why you would need to permanently weld it. You are allowed one feature. Since the Ruger PC doesn’t have a pistol grip, it can have a threaded barrel. If it had a pistol grip, then the compensator would need to be welded.
I was talking about the CZ Scorpion EVO, which has a pistol grip:
As a CZ fan plus a lefty, I'm gravitating towards the Scorpion for myself. Haven't decided on faux suppressor or regular barrel with compensator. I'm thinking the former might make MA use easier if I can pin/get a fixed stock. Less options for maybe running a real suppressor down the road though.

Yes, I had heard of the free float one.
As a CZ fan plus a lefty, I'm gravitating towards the Scorpion for myself. Haven't decided on faux suppressor or regular barrel with compensator. I'm thinking the former might make MA use easier if I can pin/get a fixed stock. Less options for maybe running a real suppressor down the road though.

The faux suppressor is much harder to pin properly. If you care about that. :)

Someone makes a fixed stock for the CZ.

Of course; I'm just not thrilled about permanently welding it on a gun that would stay in NH 70% of the time, added to the fact I'd need to pin (or source) the stock, get 10rd mags, etc.

no one's going to check your faux suppressor to see if it's removable. Just get a fixed stock and 10 rounders, or I guess faux 20/30 rounders if you want to practice with std mags.

The faux suppressor is much harder to pin properly. If you care about that. :)

Someone makes a fixed stock for the CZ.
Oh, it's threaded? I always assumed the faux suppressors were permanent, since I usually see them on things like 22lr Uzis and stuff to make them reach 16'' length.

If they're both threaded, then I'd just get the compensated one.

Depending on where you live, I can put a few PCCs in your hands to try, including the CX4 Storm, but I’ll tell you up front it’s the wrong gun to buy to shoot PCC matches with. If you already owned it, then it would work fine to let you go out and shoot. For the money, I’m not sure there’s a better PCC than the Ruger out there to get started with.

PM inbound

Oh, it's threaded? I always assumed the faux suppressors were permanent, since I usually see them on things like 22lr Uzis and stuff to make them reach 16'' length.

If they're both threaded, then I'd just get the compensated one.

It’s meant to be replaced by a real suppressor once you get one.

It’s meant to be replaced by a real suppressor once you get one.
Good to know; if that's the case, compensator it is. I thought it was permanent, and figured it would be one less thing to do compliance-wise if I shot it in MA. At this rate, I might just leave it in NH and only do pistol in MA.

Pricing out the new frontier, you could get into a rifle without optics or magazines for under $600 with their blem lower. Not much more than the ruger and if you’re used to the handling of ARs it might be more intuitive for you. Didn’t realize they were so cheap.

Good to know; if that's the case, compensator it is. I thought it was permanent, and figured it would be one less thing to do compliance-wise if I shot it in MA. At this rate, I might just leave it in NH and only do pistol in MA.

It’s actually threaded twice... there’s an end plate that threads on to the muzzle and then the tube (faux suppressor body) that threads into the end cap. Would recommend buying the comp version 100%

It’s actually threaded twice... there’s an end plate that threads on to the muzzle and then the tube (faux suppressor body) that threads into the end cap. Would recommend buying the comp version 100%
Good info. I originally wanted the comp model, but I was thinking I might want to shoot it in MA from time to time and I didn't know the faux suppressor wasn't permanent. Thanks.

Love my Ruger PC9. Cheap ($440), reliable, dead nuts accurate, and is a take down. Im a glock fanboy so I can use all the glock mags I already have in the gun. I would love an Zenith MP5 clone but that will run $1800 easy, the tavor/x95 also comes in 9mm.

One of my biggest issues with PCC is lack of pre ban mag options on the Mpx, scorpion, B&T, highpoint.

Love my Ruger PC9. Cheap ($440), reliable, dead nuts accurate, and is a take down. Im a glock fanboy so I can use all the glock mags I already have in the gun. I would love an Zenith MP5 clone but that will run $1800 easy, the tavor/x95 also comes in 9mm.

One of my biggest issues with PCC is lack of pre ban mag options on the Mpx, scorpion, B&T, highpoint.

Are there many PCCs with external preban mags?

Where are you getting this info? I have the faux suppressor model and after you unscrew the faux suppressor it’s the same barrel as the comp version. The only difference between the two is the muzzle device that’s attached to the barrel (faux tube or comp).

Are there many PCCs with external preban mags?

Ruger PC9 - Glock mags

Vector - Glock mags (I think the gun sucks)

Uzi - plentiful/cheap pre bans

MP5 - fairly easily found pre bans but kind of pricey, not awful.

AR9 - Meh, takes some tweaking to run right. Can take colt 9mm mags, mp5 mags or glock mags

Tavor/X95 - takes colt pattern 9mm mags, but pretty pricey from what I have seen.

Thompson - no idea on cost

I may be missing a few obscure pcc but thats all that come to mind.

Where are you getting this info? I have the faux suppressor model and after you unscrew the faux suppressor it’s the same barrel as the comp version. The only difference between the two is the muzzle device that’s attached to the barrel (faux tube or comp).

I didn’t say the barrel was threaded more than once... I said the barrel is threaded as is the cap for the faux suppressor (the faux suppressor body and the fake suppressor end cap are two different pieces) meaning if you are going to worry about pinning it, it’s more difficult than it needs to be for a silly fake suppressor.

Ruger PC9 - Glock mags

AR9 - Meh, takes some tweaking to run right. Can take colt 9mm mags, mp5 mags or glock mags

Tavor/X95 - takes colt pattern 9mm mags, but pretty pricey from what I have seen.

Good list. I've seen new-old stock genuine date coded HK MP5 30 rnd mags out there for about $50-60 a pop on Gun Broker from time to time. Not a great price per capacity for free state, but not half bad for MA where people are trying to sell used Glock giggle sticks for $150. Colt mags are often reasonable as far as MA price inflation goes too.

I think there was a way to Frankenstein UZI mags into a CZ scorpion using sleeves on the mags, but I don't know if that's preban UZI or just UZI Pro (post ban). Used to just be UZI Pro (meaning no luck for MA), but maybe things have changed in recent months.

Ruger PC9 - Glock mags

B&T - Swiss precision and horny AF.

Sig MPX - requires trigger replacement

B&T - Swiss precision and horny AF.

Sig MPX - requires trigger replacement

I would love either of those, but I was under the impression neither have pre-ban mags. That's a bit of a deal breaker with this class of gun for me (at least while living in MA).

Also, how would one get a B&T in MA? Aren't they always SBR? Could you Form 1 a transfer and purchase? Or is this a brace thing? I'm very green on SBR rules.

I would love either of those, but I was under the impression neither have pre-ban mags. That's a bit of a deal breaker with this class of gun for me (at least while living in MA).

Also, how would one get a B&T in MA? Aren't they always SBR? Could you Form 1 a transfer and purchase? Or is this a brace thing? I'm very green on SBR rules.

Sorry, I was adding on to JRON’s list and I missed the qualifications up front. B&T and the SIG will not have pre-ban mags. B&T can be purchased as a pistol though, you can then eForm it to an SBR or leave it with the brace.

FYI U notch mags do not work in the PC9 or the vector

$150? That’s a steal. Last few I have seen were $350+.

Wow. I haven't looked in a while because they were so pricey, but $350? That's nutty. And you have to figure they are that price because people are paying it.

U-notch are also generally a no-go in Sub2k's unless you're willing to shave down the Sub2k's grip.

Edited to say, that's a no-go when using G19 mags on G19 grip, or G17 mags on G17 grip. G17 U-notch will work fine in G19 grip Subbie.

Wow. I haven't looked in a while because they were so pricey, but $350? That's nutty. And you have to figure they are that price because people are paying it.

They do. $150 is a good deal on a standard square notch mag these days

No love for Hi-Point?

Super cheap, reliable as a hi point and as ugly as the rest of them (I like the pistols). I didn’t like the feel of the Kel Tec or Ruger, but the HP seemed ok. Reviews seemed pretty good.
I’ve been toying with the idea of a PCC, but have no real love for tacticool looking stuff.

They do. $150 is a good deal on a standard square notch mag these days

Damn...I have been out of the loop on Glock prebans. Last time I got G19's square prebans, they were like $80 a pop, and I was certain at the time the guy was ripping me off. Seems like that was only 1.5 years ago though. Have prices really gone that crazy in that short a period?

Damn...I have been out of the loop on Glock prebans. Last time I got G19's square prebans, they were like $80 a pop, and I was certain at the time the guy was ripping me off. Seems like that was only 1.5 years ago though. Have prices really gone that crazy in that short a period?

Yes. I’ve seen them up for $150 and they sell virtually instantly for squares. Even U notch’s have crept up to around $80. Not long ago $50 was the norm. Supply and demand.

Back
Top Bottom