• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Park Rangers stabbed in Boston Common

Actually Boston Park Rangers (can't speak to DCR) are law enforcement and can make arrests and issue citations. There is seasonal staff that I'm not 100% sure about though. I can tell you factually the person that was severely injured does. He is one of my best friends and I can tell you there are a lot of tough situations they deal with.

Not bothering to read all the comments here, because it'll probably piss me off more than anything (knowing how NES goes). But I'll tell you this, he is a good guy, a tough SOB, and he (I can't say all Boston Park Rangers) works hard to keep people safe in the parks as much as the BPD. The debate of armed verse unarmed has been had and done by them, but because they also serve as ambassadors of Boston it was pushed aside. Who knows now. Same thing is going on right now with their horses, which are being largely funded through donations and not the city.

For any that give a sh!t about the person rather than the issue, he is doing well.

That's great news. I'm glad to hear that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Incorrect on the municipal police. We had one yell at our bpd detail (who had no idea who they where) just last year. They are the be all and end all (according to them) of the seaport area and the bpd isn't 'allowed' to work there

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk
Yeah, cuz I just make shit up.

http://www.boston.com/dailyglobe2/080/metro/Merger_of_police_in_Boston_weighed+.shtml

http://www.boston.com/news/local/articles/2007/01/01/for_municipal_police_its_the_end_of_the_line/

Last edited:

I'm just telling you that they are still uniforms and cars that say Boston municipal police on them. Next time ur in the city go to the area around dry dock ave. When the cruise ships are in they are even directing traffic... this is from some one who works all over the city and spent months in that part of southie

There are a handful of Muni's that didn't transfer during the last merger ( most likely political reasons ).

They have an active lawsuit with BPD because of it, but sadly the current mayor is a carbon copy of the last mayor.

Very happy to hear the ranger is doing ok and will somebody please throw that animal back in his cage and keep him there ! [angry]

There are a handful of Muni's that didn't transfer during the last merger ( most likely political reasons ).

They have an active lawsuit with BPD because of it, but sadly the current mayor is a carbon copy of the last mayor.

Very happy to hear the ranger is doing ok and will somebody please throw that animal back in his cage and keep him there ! [angry]

I knew I wasn't crazy, thanks....

A little late to the party but just thought id clear a few things up for those who might be interested lol.
#1 Boston Park Rangers DO fall under the City of Boston and DO have police powers/ powers of arrest.
#2 They do go thru a 6-week training (4 of which is with BPD)
#3They arent part of NPS or DCR.
#4 99% of those guys are good people, I know quite a few of them, I was a park ranger at the time of the stabbing.

Back
Top Bottom