Panic Buying

Those who increased prices dropped them about half of what the increase was but still there.
Walmart and Dicks around me are very well stocked with several ammo. Love it.

My only issue is that my gun safes are full and my ammo safes are full. OK, two issues...

And I bought one of each in the last year also...

I need to stop and breathe, and go to the range more[emoji379]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Good, very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My only issue is that my gun safes are full and my ammo safes are full. OK, two issues...

And I bought one of each in the last year also...

I need to stop and breathe, and go to the range more[emoji379]

My wife peeked in my ammo cabinet last night and said "So that's why you keep it locked up, you don't want me to know how much you have!"

Haha. It's not even that much...

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

I also want to able to need a permission slip from the Fire Chief. I'm getting closer on both...

F that. I gave up after my fire inspector (who's my friends brother) didn't have a clue what I was talking about. He said he could ask people above him and that's when I decided not to pursue it any further. I'd rather not let the whole city know what I have in my house...

I know the HardCore answer is never buy brass, but, if given the option to get primed or unprimed where are ya'll leaning?
I'm just getting started in all this and my needs are for 9mm and/or .375 just for plinking. Thanks

I know the HardCore answer is never buy brass, but, if given the option to get primed or unprimed where are ya'll leaning?
I'm just getting started in all this and my needs are for 9mm and/or .375 just for plinking. Thanks
Priming brass is pretty easy, the cost difference would make me lean towards unprimed myself

Sent from my LGLS991 using Tapatalk

Unprimed for sure. It's not like primers are hard to get.

F that. I gave up after my fire inspector (who's my friends brother) didn't have a clue what I was talking about. He said he could ask people above him and that's when I decided not to pursue it any further. I'd rather not let the whole city know what I have in my house...

Same here. I have buds at the Fire station and on Parade day when we were at the Main station with Charlie Baker (Yea yea I know )the fire chief had no clue what I wanted, just said Ammo on buddy.

I buy unprimed myself. I assume you meant .357, as I can't see using a .375 (H&H, I assume) for plinking. Then again, I'm almost that bad, so maybe you do.

I buy unprimed myself. I assume you meant .357, as I can't see using a .375 (H&H, I assume) for plinking. Then again, I'm almost that bad, so maybe you do.

Haha I was thinking the same. Wow I don't know anyone plinking with a 375 H&H haha. Talk about a messed up shoulder...

Haha I was thinking the same. Wow I don't know anyone plinking with a 375 H&H haha. Talk about a messed up shoulder...

The only time I ever fired a 375 H&H I was "plinking". There was a bowling pin hanging off a target hanger at 50 yards. First shot missed 2nd one hit dead on and sent that thing spinning around the wire like 5 times.... [rofl]

-Mike

Is the panic over? All the retard pricing appears to have been vanquished. I always used 22lr as the measure and there's a $hit ton around now, though the price is still higher than I like but it's there. So do we call the death of the panic or at least it's in a coma for the next 2-3 years? I hope so.

Excluding two weeks in November majority of ammo was fairly available. Big stores Kept their prices the same.
Some vendors jacked them up.
Walmarts and Dicks are flooded with ammo now. I see boxes for the first time even. Good stuff.

Officially over Jan 21st, but yeah.

I'll say December 19th, as that's when the Electoral College meets. Clinton's supporters are pushing very hard for the EC to vote for someone other than Trump (presumably Clinton)[1] and they're pushing hard for a recount in three swing states[2].

A result other than Trump is exceedingly unlikely but it's not completely outside the realm of possibility. Hell, all the pundits, even many Republican/conservative-leaning ones, thought Clinton was a shoo-in for President. Anything could happen.

[1]I've detailed elsewhere why, if the EC does turn faithless and fail to elect Trump, it will likely be another Republican rather than Clinton, and ditto if the election gets thrown to the House.

[2]Historically, recounts almost never reverse the result of an election.

If it does, you'll be very glad you stocked up.

Heck I need to rent the place next door just for the over-flow.

I'll say December 19th, as that's when the Electoral College meets. Clinton's supporters are pushing very hard for the EC to vote for someone other than Trump (presumably Clinton)[1] and they're pushing hard for a recount in three swing states[2].

A result other than Trump is exceedingly unlikely but it's not completely outside the realm of possibility. Hell, all the pundits, even many Republican/conservative-leaning ones, thought Clinton was a shoo-in for President. Anything could happen.

If someone other than trump gets elected by the EC, I can say with great certainty, that people would start dying as a direct result of that. So yeah, I'd say it's improbable. Trump getting elected might be "unprecedented" but at least it occured within the boundaries of the system. On the other hand, the EC tearing apart the entire fabric of the system by doing the 110% wrong thing is basically taking a huge shit on the integrity of our system of government, what little of it that it has left.

-Mike

US gun sales in 2016 appear to have already set single-year record

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...year-record/2XaWMRJrpqcfsNirxnhi1M/story.html

The total number of checks for 2016 will likely grow significantly once the final month of the year is in the books. In most previous years, December was the busiest month for background checks. Last year, a record 3.3 million checks were processed in December.

Each of the past 19 months have set new monthly records for background checks, and Black Friday this year set a new record for the highest number of checks in a single day.

A total of 185,713 checks were processed on Black Friday, which narrowly edged out Black Friday last year when 185,345 checks were processed, the data show.

The increasing numbers of checks in recent years has been attributed to fears that lawmakers might impose further restrictions on gun ownership, particularly in the wake of high-profile mass shootings and increased attention to how the US experiences an unusually high amount of gun violence compared to other developed nations.

For Massachusetts, 2016 will likely go down as the second-highest total number of background checks.

Last edited:
If someone other than trump gets elected by the EC, I can say with great certainty, that people would start dying as a direct result of that. So yeah, I'd say it's improbable. Trump getting elected might be "unprecedented" but at least it occured within the boundaries of the system. On the other hand, the EC tearing apart the entire fabric of the system by doing the 110% wrong thing is basically taking a huge shit on the integrity of our system of government, what little of it that it has left.

-Mike

Honestly, it's not even all that unprecedented that he won. Underdogs pull out stunning victories all the time, and on four previous occasions a person has won the presidency by winning the electoral vote and losing the popular vote. One of those times was even within recent memory.

But yes, it's highly improbable the EC will **** this country over.

Honestly, it's not even all that unprecedented that he won. Underdogs pull out stunning victories all the time, and on four previous occasions a person has won the presidency by winning the electoral vote and losing the popular vote. One of those times was even within recent memory.

Yeah winning by EV is not an unprecedented thing at all, I just meant someone like Trump, winning. The last "unconventional" president we had like Trump was Ronald Reagan, so in that regard its sort of rare (everyone after reagan has been a total mainstreamer *******) Calling it unprecedented is a mistake on my part, too strong of a word to use. Unexpected is more like it.

-Mike

If it does, you'll be very glad you stocked up.

I don't think it's so much the recount results. It's more of an obstacle for the PA, MI, and WI ECs. If they miss deadlines because of some long, drawn out hand recount than presumably those ECs are null.

Back
Top Bottom