Panic buying your bucket-list guns

Given the political climate, times are rife with gun related retail therapy.

Put aside the lack of inventory. (Inventory does exist but is being price gouged like crazy)

If you could only panic-buy one gun for what might be the next few years or even longer what would be on your bucket list?
Is it time to suck it up and buy up some of the bucket list items?

My list:
Tavor X95
HK SP5K-PDW
Desert Eagle
Laugo Arms Alien
Desert Tech MDRX
Dan Wesson DWX (if it ever comes out)

I've always wanted a Barrett since I first saw one, in .416 Barrett but at this point in my life I can't justify the start up costs. With reloading tools, components, glass, and ammo probably looking at 15-20K.

Wildey in 475 Wildey Mag is another, probably more attainable. I can channel my inner Bronson.

Last edited:
Most of my dream guns seem to have an eastern european bent

G36
FB MSBS Grot
FB Beryl
Galil
Valmet
Pre WWII Polish Armory FB Radom Mauser
And CZ vz 58

+1, though mine would be a Zastava M76 or LKP99 in 7.92x57.

Because AK. Because 8mm.

My niece and her father are taking there LTC course next week and I told them that they better look carefully what they buy because you know...ammo.

Have you shot it yet? Would you recommend?

For 50AE the gun ran flawlessly. It's a more snappier round then I thought it would be in a gun that big, but overall it was a lot of fun to shoot. Had some issues going into battery with the 44mag bbl though. Did a bunch of research and have ordered a spring update kit for the gun and new magazine springs for the mags. Read that this should alleviate the going into battery issue, so here's hoping.

Overall I'm happy with it. I'll be more happy if I get the 44 mag bbl to work good as well.

For 50AE the gun ran flawlessly. It's a more snappier round then I thought it would be in a gun that big, but overall it was a lot of fun to shoot. Had some issues going into battery with the 44mag bbl though. Did a bunch of research and have ordered a spring update kit for the gun and new magazine springs for the mags. Read that this should alleviate the going into battery issue, so here's hoping.

Overall I'm happy with it. I'll be more happy if I get the 44 mag bbl to work good as well.
OK awesome.

I always wanted an FN FNC.
View attachment 452074

The price on those things is approaching full-auto territory. Part of me wishes I bought one for $2,000 ten years ago. LOL. I forget if it was the FNC or another gun I was looking at but the # imported were in the 100's, not 1,000's.

My personal list - subguns (semi-auto) from the bad 80's movies. Mac-10/11. Tec 9. Stuff like that. I scored an Uzi about 2 years ago. A bargain compared to today. CRAZY what people are paying for guns.

But I hate that Uzi so buying 2 other useless 80's guns - especially at today's prices - is NOT in the cards for me.

I saw the writing on the wall after the Obama/Hillary panic years. I'm all set on actual firearms other than getting a few more spare parts to keep on hand, maybe add a few more pre-ban mags to my stash. of course there's always some cool stuff I'd like to have but I'm not gonna go broke panic buying stuff for over msrp. I did buy a new G19 to keep fresh as my others are getting pretty long in the tooth round count wise, but other than that I've got everything I'd ever need my lifetime or if shtf, two or three of some of them. I'd love a couple silencers or maybe a full auto lower but that'll have to wait until my exodus from MA, and if it never happens oh well, It'll be more money still in my pocket. I'm mainly working on bolstering my emergency food and water and medical supplies and keeping my ammo supply healthy now.

Don’t panic. Buy what you want. f*** China Joe.

This. I'm not going scatterbrain mode i am buying guns on my personal list, assuming the price is decent. I'm not going to wildly overpay because some armflapping retards are panicking because gun media told them to.... lol

nice. i also planned on getting something for the x39 caliber, but, could not decide.
plus, the recent pricing hike of x39 ammo kinda leveled it with .223 and it that point it lost most of the attractiveness it used to have.
I’m not buying a $3,500+ Maadi AKM to save on ammo cost though 😎. That’s what God made WASRs for.

As dgrant said, I am not doing anything special. I wanted an Anschutz so I just bought an Anschutz 1710 DL, prices do not go crazy because of their price point to start with.

Back
Top Bottom