• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Panic buying your bucket-list guns

A nice arsenal in 7.62 and in 5.45

Had an Arsenal in 5.45. Great rifle. Cheap ammo wasn't particularly hard to find back in the day, but now seems to be unobtanium. Also, the cheaper stuff required constant cleaning after shooting due to corrosive primers. Not a fan of corrosive primers. Sold it after Obuma banned Russian imports and honestly I'm glad I did. I've now standardized on a few common calibers: 9mm and 5.56 mostly, with .45ACP and 7.62x45 in smaller amounts and I'm glad I did given the current state of ammo availability.

Anyway, don't mean to crap on your bucket-list gun as it was, and is a great rifle.

As for me, my bucket list guns are pretty simple: Barret M95 in .50, SCAR H or L, LWRC REPR, AIX .338 or .50, H&K UMP. Not really sure which one I'd take if I could only grab one right now. I guess it would depend on the price, but probably a Barret or AIX as I think Biden will ban the bigger/longer range calibers as "No one needs to shoot a mile" BS.

This. I'm not going scatterbrain mode i am buying guns on my personal list, assuming the price is decent. I'm not going to wildly overpay because some armflapping retards are panicking because gun media told them to.... lol
Exactly. It’s as if people really want to believe all the panic posts and be flat broke sitting on a pile of guns they’ll sell next year as rare in MA. lol

Exactly. It’s as if people really want to believe all the panic posts and be flat broke sitting on a pile of guns they’ll sell next year as rare in MA. lol
I wouldn’t support anyone going broke buying guns, but I plan on acting with some urgency and I think it’s foolish to believe gun control legislation is DOA like prior “panics”.

But hopefully you’re right, and you can lol at me sitting on my pile of guns in a couple of years. 😎

I always wanted an FN FNC.
View attachment 452074

I used to have two. I bought them with visions of converting to full auto. Ended up selling both of them a few years ago because I needed cash for other things. I just looked on Gunbroker a couple of weeks ago and they're going for around $6K now. Sort of kicked myself - I should have hung on to them, and sold now.

I wouldn’t support anyone going broke buying guns, but I plan on acting with some urgency and I think it’s foolish to believe gun control legislation is DOA like prior “panics”.

But hopefully you’re right, and you can lol at me sitting on my pile of guns in a couple of years. 😎

For most of us here though if it was really that important we already bought it years ago. I'm not saying don't buy stuff, I'm saying it's insane to go FR because of this crap. Obviously for stuff that's collectible (like the maadi you showed) the prices never drop, so that's its own problem independent of political ones.
Long range target gun with appropriate optic. Bolt action is fine but it's gotta be quality all around.

For when you really want to reach out and touch someone.

Buy a quality optic first, lol. That's the expensive part, and the part that causes the most regrets from flinting. Even a cheapo ruger precision is a great gun, but it isn't shit without a good optic.

For 50AE the gun ran flawlessly. It's a more snappier round then I thought it would be in a gun that big, but overall it was a lot of fun to shoot. Had some issues going into battery with the 44mag bbl though. Did a bunch of research and have ordered a spring update kit for the gun and new magazine springs for the mags. Read that this should alleviate the going into battery issue, so here's hoping.

Overall I'm happy with it. I'll be more happy if I get the 44 mag bbl to work good as well.
Welcome to the party, pal. I got my 50 AE to run after field stripping and cleaning and modifying my grip. 44 magnum will run with the right grip but still some hangups going into battery and cycling properly. I have replaced my mag springs and followers and have yet to take it to the range to see if that fixed the problem.

But to answer the actual question:

No revolvers, lever-action, or pump shotguns
AKs, ARs, Glocks.
Battle rifles.
Supplies for Builds.

Top on my list is an AK hopefully I can pull it off for my graduation present to myself in the Spring lol.

Welcome to the party, pal. I got my 50 AE to run after field stripping and cleaning and modifying my grip. 44 magnum will run with the right grip but still some hangups going into battery and cycling properly. I have replaced my mag springs and followers and have yet to take it to the range to see if that fixed the problem.

I chased the DE for a while, stepped into a shop with cash in hand for the gun I wanted, in the end I passed. Turns out I just don't have big enough mitts for the grip.

I don't know what's left on my "I want" list.

Maybe a scar or a MCX, but at this point everything else I could want is just not obtainable. I'd love a few weird off roster firearms like the beretta storm subcompact or a Bond bullpup, but I honestly have no idea who'd waste their time transferring those.

After that, maybe a nice lever gat, a Springfield trap door- you know, shit nobody cares about.

I chased the DE for a while, stepped into a shop with cash in hand for the gun I wanted, in the end I passed. Turns out I just don't have big enough mitts for the grip.
Don’t beat yourself up over hand-size with the Deagle. You can do it. It’s more about covering surface-area with sheer grip strength and locking out your elbow. I used to play guitar a good amount and I used these grip strengthening workouts to improve my finger strength. It turns out practicing playing improves this technique without the workout gear, but now I have an iron grip and now I accidently break my friends’ xbox controllers. Even without the weird fingerworkout gear if you can find ways to improve your grip strength you can handle the Deagle.

Ha! I'm just hoping that my attempt to make 44mag work I don't somehow screw up the 50AE.

Ha! I'm just hoping that my attempt to make 44mag work I don't somehow screw up the 50AE.
Did you have a control for your testing? I used another NES members 44 mag magazines and we confirmed that it cycled with those and the mags were in fact the issue. I took the 50 AE to the range with my same mags and it ran alright, it turned out the handups were due to my grip. In conclusion, the 50 AE took time and practice, the 44 magnum is more finicky and requires equipment replacement. I feel if you replace your springs you will have great success.

Ya like Mike said, most of us had what we needed long ago, have to see the writing on the wall, so panic buying doesn’t compute to us because panic is just something that should never happen, people feed off of it and this prices go thru the roof for junk guns and even higher for everyday useful firearms.

I wouldn’t shame new gun folks because they kind of fell into this shit sandwich, but if you’ve been around for even 5 yrs in the gun world and you’re panicking, then you’re doing it wrong. It is what it is.

Don’t beat yourself up over hand-size with the Deagle. You can do it. It’s more about covering surface-area with sheer grip strength and locking out your elbow. I used to play guitar a good amount and I used these grip strengthening workouts to improve my finger strength. It turns out practicing playing improves this technique without the workout gear, but now I have an iron grip and now I accidently break my friends’ xbox controllers. Even without the weird fingerworkout gear if you can find ways to improve your grip strength you can handle the Deagle.
I never really found a deagle to be uncontrollable.

Stupid gun? Yes. Hard to shoot? No.

IMHO dat Deagle is the kind of gun where you really need to just shoot somebody else's and then within about 24 rounds or so you will either reach one of two conclusions.

A. "This gun is fun to shoot but it's still f***ing stupid, so im not buying one"

Or

B. "I NEED DIS gun in muh lyfe, nao!"

View: https://youtu.be/zUjfgFT_Plk

I went with A and saved myself 1500-2grand. [laugh]

Mileage may vary. I suggest bribing a DE owner to try theirs before buying.

A month ago I would have had a Kris Vector in 45 on my list, but I got to fire one recently. It was super fun, but also very impractical for anything but range time in my opinion. Kind of heavy and the form factor, while cool in may ways, is a little cumbersome. Not my ideal subgun after all. If money wasn't a factor, I'd probably still get one, but until then, it's now off my list.

Ya like Mike said, most of us had what we needed long ago, have to see the writing on the wall, so panic buying doesn’t compute to us because panic is just something that should never happen, people feed off of it and this prices go thru the roof for junk guns and even higher for everyday useful firearms.

I wouldn’t shame new gun folks because they kind of fell into this shit sandwich, but if you’ve been around for even 5 yrs in the gun world and you’re panicking, then you’re doing it wrong. It is what it is.
I don’t know, have you seen the Target Sports ammo thread? 😂

I haven’t bought ammo in over a year, but there are one or two “bucket list” guns (e.g. Steyr Maadi) that I will act with urgency on because it’s something I’ve always wanted and I may not be able to buy one soon. If that’s panic buying so be it; worst case I’m “stuck” with a Maadi.

handguns aside - to me most rifles were really like boats - i do like boats, i do rent one for fun from time to time, or borrow it - but, i do not have much desire to buy and maintain one myself. :) but, if i was told suddenly that all boats are now to be forbidden forever and ever as they cause poor people to drown, damn, i will run and will buy one, or 2 - as i still do like them. may be not a best analogy, but, whatever.

I never really found a deagle to be uncontrollable.

Stupid gun? Yes. Hard to shoot? No.

IMHO dat Deagle is the kind of gun where you really need to just shoot somebody else's and then within about 24 rounds or so you will either reach one of two conclusions.

A. "This gun is fun to shoot but it's still f***ing stupid, so im not buying one"

Or

B. "I NEED DIS gun in muh lyfe, nao!"

View: https://youtu.be/zUjfgFT_Plk

I went with A and saved myself 1500-2grand. [laugh]

Mileage may vary. I suggest bribing a DE owner to try theirs before buying.

If you are an advanced autist such as myself, there is a third option:

C. You’ve played too many video games and impulse buy it before even firing one.

It's not that I couldn't hang on, it just felt like gripping a 2x4.

I don’t know, have you seen the Target Sports ammo thread? 😂

I haven’t bought ammo in over a year, but there are one or two “bucket list” guns (e.g. Steyr Maadi) that I will act with urgency on because it’s something I’ve always wanted and I may not be able to buy one soon. If that’s panic buying so be it; worst case I’m “stuck” with a Maadi.
Ya I hear ya, maybe I was just triggered by the panic word, lol. Again, it is what it is. 🍻

handguns aside - to me most rifles were really like boats - i do like boats, i do rent one for fun from time to time, or borrow it - but, i do not have much desire to buy and maintain one myself. :) but, if i was told suddenly that all boats are now to be forbidden forever and ever as they cause poor people to drown, damn, i will run and will buy one, or 2 - as i still do like them. may be not a best analogy, but, whatever.
Best two days of owning a boat is the day you buy it and the day you sell it. 👌🏻

Back
Top Bottom