paging drgrant...now i need a burning glock issue taken care of

greencobra

NES Member
@drgrant, me and you seem to be the only glock fan boys here at nes and for a long time now. i need quick, in a hurry answers, please, on glock mags. more exactly, the fitting and swapping of mags and guns of various generations. i should know this stuff, i'm embarrassed. [angry]

first, i believe gen 5's are a different animal. don't own one but i think since the gun is ambi, i can still use a 5 mag in all the other gen glocks, right? but for the gun to work properly as a true ambi, only a gen 5 will work in a 5 for that? am i close with the reasoning here?

all glock mags are interchangeable with every generation of glock, correct? that's been my experience. i ask because i just saw something i've never encountered before online. a vendor was selling pinky extenders for the g26/27 10 rd mags. he split the ad into gen 2.5 & 3 extensions and gen 4 &5 extensions. huh? what? i've bought many baby glock pinky extensions in my time but never saw them broken down to fit by generation like this before. i've never handled a gen 5 g26/27 mag, so are base plates different enough to warrant a new design for the gen 5's? i know base plates are interchangeable for all gens...2 thru 4. wondering why he groups the gen 4 & 5's separate from the 2.5 & 3's. i'm under the impression the 2's thru the 4's are basically identical except for certain design changes which are principally strengthening design changes.

ok this whole post is f***ed as i reread it...i know what i'm trying to get to and ask you, but do you understand my questions? i admit i do ramble some a lot of times when i get excited. this might be one of those times. say the word and i'll rewrite this abortion. [laugh]

i think since the gun is ambi, i can still use a 5 mag in all the other gen glocks, right?
i have all gen5 10rd mags, they work just fine in gen3 clones and gen5s i have.
bases of some old mags were different, you ask there of g26/27 - do not have those and don`t remember. :)

somebody was asking me to make a design to 3d print some compatibility adapters there at some time, i recall, but i never bothered to look.

All mags are set up to drop with mag release on left. Newer mags, starting with gen FOUR not five have cuts on both sides, thus suitable for mag release from either side.

Mags have same physical dimensions. My gen 2.5 and gen 4 glocks (taking into consideration models) run same mags.

All mags are set up to drop with mag release on left. Newer mags, starting with gen FOUR not five have cuts on both sides, thus suitable for mag release from either side.

Mags have same physical dimensions. My gen 2.5 and gen 4 glocks (taking into consideration models) run same mags.
i had to dremel soemthing twice, on new g19x and on some older ones, and forgot what. :)
it is just that simple with glocks - if something aint fitting, you just cut it off.

i see the problem in my post/question by the answers i'm getting. not asking about fitting in the gun, i know they fit. of course i don't own a 5 so that's moot.

base plates for the g26/27 are what i'm interested in. and putting on the pinky extender base plates specifically. a better way to ask....why did a vendor selling g26 pinky extender base plates separate the product? selling them for gen 2.5 & 3 and then gen 4 & 5. i'm curious, aren't all base plates equal?

somebody was asking me to make a design to 3d print some compatibility adapters...
this suggests all base plates are not equal. and there may be a market for this product if there isn't one now. "hello lenny" at the glock store. i could see him interested in stocking a product like this, no?

because reasons. 😜

to make g17 gen5 mags fit most likely, or something else i have, fit. i have some remeniscent memory of working old ones in other spot, but, do not have it now.
You did it because you wanted to do it, not because the mags wouldn't work.

I've got Glocks from Gen 2.5 through 5 and mags from non-drop-free U mags to Gen 5. They all work in each gun. You don't have to Dremel on a Glock.

You don't have to Dremel on a Glock.
giphy.gif

You did it because you wanted to do it, not because the mags wouldn't work.

I've got Glocks from Gen 2.5 through 5 and mags from non-drop-free U mags to Gen 5. They all work in each gun. You don't have to Dremel on a Glock.
Doesn’t the stupid lip on the front of the 19x magwell not work with gen 5 base plates?

Ummm... you're the 1st person I've ever seen or heard about whose done that.
Here, the arc. Not walking up again to combine them together.

Attachments

• F2805E7C-527D-495A-AFDC-52FE60882BA7.jpeg
    F2805E7C-527D-495A-AFDC-52FE60882BA7.jpeg
    401.8 KB · Views: 18
I've got 3 Glock 34s (gens 2.5, 4, and 5), 2 Glock 19s (Gens 4 and 5), a Glock 23 (Gen 3), and a Glock 43x. I've had and sold a Glock 17 (gen 1 or 2) and a Glock 26 (gen 3). So that is 9 Glocks total. The number of Glocks that I've used a Dremel on? Zero.

I've got 3 Glock 34s (gens 2.5, 4, and 5), 2 Glock 19s (Gens 4 and 5), a Glock 23 (Gen 3), and a Glock 43x. I've had and sold a Glock 17 (gen 1 or 2) and a Glock 26 (gen 3). So that is 9 Glocks total. The number of Glocks that I've used a Dremel on? Zero.
The issue is specific to the 19X.

It has that weird front lip and uses a different baseplate than the Gen5 17. If you look around, i think snacks has an image with that lip ground off entirely, for the same reason.

edit: here's conversation about the specifics:
Nowadays nobody 19Xes anymore they just buy a G45 and avoid all that turkey carving nonsense unless they want that particular 19X appeal lol

Yes, basically the G17 Gen5 mags dont fit a stock 19X. So the haxor mod snacks describes can fix that. But the 9 billion old school 17 mags work in a 19X just fine too, so theres that.

@drgrant, me and you seem to be the only glock fan boys here at nes and for a long time now. i need quick, in a hurry answers, please, on glock mags. more exactly, the fitting and swapping of mags and guns of various generations. i should know this stuff, i'm embarrassed. [angry]

first, i believe gen 5's are a different animal. don't own one but i think since the gun is ambi, i can still use a 5 mag in all the other gen glocks, right? but for the gun to work properly as a true ambi, only a gen 5 will work in a 5 for that? am i close with the reasoning here?

all glock mags are interchangeable with every generation of glock, correct? that's been my experience. i ask because i just saw something i've never encountered before online. a vendor was selling pinky extenders for the g26/27 10 rd mags. he split the ad into gen 2.5 & 3 extensions and gen 4 &5 extensions. huh? what? i've bought many baby glock pinky extensions in my time but never saw them broken down to fit by generation like this before. i've never handled a gen 5 g26/27 mag, so are base plates different enough to warrant a new design for the gen 5's? i know base plates are interchangeable for all gens...2 thru 4. wondering why he groups the gen 4 & 5's separate from the 2.5 & 3's. i'm under the impression the 2's thru the 4's are basically identical except for certain design changes which are principally strengthening design changes.

ok this whole post is f***ed as i reread it...i know what i'm trying to get to and ask you, but do you understand my questions? i admit i do ramble some a lot of times when i get excited. this might be one of those times. say the word and i'll rewrite this abortion. [laugh]

Ambi cuts are a non issue unless you're one of the weirdos who actually reverses the mag catch in a gen5. If you do not do this, there is no compatibility issue outside of the 19x stuff and obvious frame size constraints like " u cant put a g19 mag in a g17/34/45 because the magwell is too long" etc.

I think this and other issues likely covered well by others here, too.

I have some prebans that work flawless in my Gen 4 19, but when I toss them in my gen5 19, the slide doesn't cycle the next round in. It goes to slide lock each time. 9 magazines tested, 9 magazines have the same issue

i see the problem in my post/question by the answers i'm getting. not asking about fitting in the gun, i know they fit. of course i don't own a 5 so that's moot.

Attention. You are hereby put on notice, you have 60 days to acquire a Gen5 Glock pistol (any model), or we will revoke your membership in the Glock Fan Boys Club. Your lack of Gen5 ownership is an embarrassment to the rest of us. You have been warned.

-Cuz
Life member of the Glock Fan Boys Club (GFBC).

Back
Top Bottom