• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

P G Dowd, Northboro, Ma

Seriously Scrivener,chill .I don't think you would talk like that to either one of those guys man to man,so here should be no different.

I admire your ferocity,but it is directed at the wrong people.

You want Chet and Terra on your side,when they get the info they will make up their minds.Unlike me,they seem to rely on facts,where I just act on emotion and rage..[wink]

Last edited by a moderator:
See post #121.

Or learn to use Google.

NOTE to EC: Said flier EXPRESSLY asserts Dowd will handle "junk guns." Guess they're not really that much of a "liability" to his inventory. [wink]

Or it is a way to differentiate himself from the competition. I would imagine most PD's want to deal with one bonded warehouse only. They want to know that the vendor they choose will take the crap as well as the good stuff.

I can't imagine making a run to a PD to pickup a beat up, old 38 special is a profit maker. Just imagining it is a loss leader.

Gold miners sift through a lot of dirt to find the few valuable nuggets.

Check out Village Vault's ad in the latest issue of MCOPA Newsletter here.

p. 11 is the December 2009 copy (2nd item on left column leads to latest newsletter). It's ~6MB so I can't post it here.
http://www.masschiefs.org/

Village Vault website is "enlightening"!

FAQ for PDs tells a lot:
http://www.villagevault.com/policefaq.shtml

PD can dispose of guns to a bonded warehouse IMMEDIATELY according to this FAQ.

Terms and fees can be found here:
http://www.villagevault.com/terms.shtml

FAQ for the poor consumer who has lost his guns to bonded storage:
http://www.villagevault.com/gunownerfaq.shtml

I'm guessing that Marc Cohen's The Powderhorn has a separate website for his bonded warehouse, but I don't know the name of that business or URL (it's not on his gun shop website that I can see).

I hope reading the above will shed some light on the situation with factual info.

I was wrong about the $45, that is blanket per collection. But he mentions other items such as ammo and mags. Anyone know if a single mag or single bullet is a single item? or all ammo considered one item? Mags?

Seriously Scrivener,chill the f*** out.I don't think you would talk like that to either one of those guys man to man,so here should be no different.

There are any number of people happy to tell you just how wrong you are. [rofl]

You want Chet and Terra on your side,when they get the info they will make up their minds.

Baby steps. First, each needs to get a clue. See posts # 105, 112 and 113. Knowledge of the basic facts of this issue appears to be lacking.

Last edited:
As my good friend the Minister bodybagsryan pointed out to me yesterday,Dowd is a businessman and GOAL is a business of sorts.GOAL is probably not in the business of biting the hand that feeds them,and Dowd doesn't have to justify his business to anyone but the tax folks and ATF.

He still didn't change my mind..I think the state should provide a place to keep the guns until the owner is found guilty or not guilty.Downside of this is that IF someone is found guilty,the state would most likely end up destroying the guns.

I guess the bottom line is that it's a necessary evil.

I do wonder how other states like NH handle these things...

Bless you my son, bless you.

So you are basically an adult version of Turbocharged ? [thinking]

Yup, I can attest, what you see is what you get with Scriv, even in person! [shocked] [rofl]

Say if I met Scrivener at the range and I asked him a question,but I didn't have a wireless laptop so I could Google the answer,what happens ?[smile]

Bless you my son, bless you.

Your blessing,it makes me feel...comfortable with myself,and others around me.

Last edited:
Or it is a way to differentiate himself from the competition. I would imagine most PD's want to deal with one bonded warehouse only. They want to know that the vendor they choose will take the crap as well as the good stuff.

I can't imagine making a run to a PD to pickup a beat up, old 38 special is a profit maker. Just imagining it is a loss leader.

Gold miners sift through a lot of dirt to find the few valuable nuggets.

This.

Baby steps. First, each needs to get a clue. See posts # 105, 112 and 113. Knowledge of the basic facts of this issue appears to be lacking.

Scrivener,

I was commenting to a friend recently that kids are natural born "button pushers". This friend has an 10 yo son that is driving him to distraction. The kid is really smart, and knows exactly how to get a parental unit riled up. It's a sure case of the tail wagging the dog.

So I did this internet search and found the following description:

"Taunting Others. Are you someone who feels the need to taunt others into debating with you on silly, pretentious, petty topics? Do you feel you have nothing to say unless it's about something other people are offended by? Taunting or goading others into an argument is a sure sign of being a Type A button pusher."

I rest my case, counselor...

[grin]

Rich

p.s. I sure wish there were some YouTube videos or something showing you as a child... I can only imagine! :))

Scrivener,

I was commenting to a friend recently that kids are natural born "button pushers". This friend has an 10 yo son that is driving him to distraction. The kid is really smart, and knows exactly how to get a parental unit riled up. It's a sure case of the tail wagging the dog.

So I did this internet search and found the following description:

"Taunting Others. Are you someone who feels the need to taunt others into debating with you on silly, pretentious, petty topics? Do you feel you have nothing to say unless it's about something other people are offended by? Taunting or goading others into an argument is a sure sign of being a Type A button pusher."

I rest my case, counselor...

[grin]

Rich

p.s. I sure wish there were some YouTube videos or something showing you as a child... I can only imagine! :))

NICE!

+12

What prevents them from doing this with impounded cars? Can't the same mechanism be put into place here?

MGL allows a "bonded warehouse" to take possession of confiscated guns not used as evidence in a pending criminal case. The business practices and fees of said bonded warehouses are unregulated and, in the opinion of some, abusive of the person's whose guns have been confiscated.

I hate quoting myself, but never DID get an answer.

Thus proving the validity of my assessment of your knowledge.

Since you couldn't figure out how to Google "MCOPA" - or were too lazy to - I'll spoonfeed it to you:

http://www.masschiefs.org/documents/December 2009 Newsletter.pdf

It is Page 11.
...[rolleyes]

See post #121.

Or learn to use Google....

Seriously Scrivener,chill the #$%& out.I don't think you would talk like that to either one of those guys man to man,so here should be no different.

I admire your ferocity,but it is directed at the wrong people.

Please watch the language, thanks.

I went down that road before, but tried to turn things around after a fashion. Once in a while, I am a little Google shy as well, and don't use it when I could have. It is not that big of a deal.

...I can't imagine making a run to a PD to pickup a beat up, old 38 special is a profit maker. Just imagining it is a loss leader. ....

You mean they don't drop them off? Nothing easier during a shift (or overtime!) than a ride to the gun shop.

Last edited:
You mean they don't drop them off? Nothing easier during a shift (or overtime!) than a ride to the gun shop.

Part of Dowd's service, as you would have found had you actually used the link provided, is that he sends a truck to the PD, completes all the paperwork for the PD, and carries the guns away.

Part of Dowd's service, as you would have found had you actually used the link provided, is that he sends a truck to the PD, completes all the paperwork for the PD, and carries the guns away.

Not only "on site", but "computerized" too. Who could pass up a deal like that? [thinking]

I'm sorry, are we talking about peter dowd, the guy who obtains his firearms from MA residents for free by taking guns from the cops, which the rightful owner has no control over, claiming a storage fee and then selling them at market value online out of state to recoup that "storage fee"?
Exactly. Which is why I would rather do without than give my hard-earned money to a bottom-feeder like him![frown]

Isn't profiteering through government chosen companies the cornerstone of the fascist economic model?

Bonded warehouses are not "government chosen companies." They are enterprises operating under the statutes and regulation for that type of business.

HOW the PD's choose which bonded warehouse to use and when to call them are issues of interest, however.

bonded warehouses dont pay any thing the owner of the property pays a fee
rent to use them.its not an agreement between the owner but forced on him when he does not pay the fee he loses it all.so it is a free donation to dowd.

Years ago, when I first got my LTC in Mass., I didn't know about who this guy was, and I bought some guns from Yankee Artifacts. Great prices (at the time).

But now I'm wondering, is Yankee Artifacts a front for him to sell his guns, or just an FFL who buys them from him or something?

Northeast Traders ?]

Is Northeast Trading Company the same as Northeast Traders? I'd assume it is, but it's possible that there's two companies with similar names.

Dowd is a business man first and a 2A advocate second. I would still rather have him offer this service instead of a government agency.

Agreed. While it sucks, at least the guns aren't being cut up and dumped in the ocean like with Boston PD.

Honestly? Gut reaction? If my weapons and subsequent 2nd Amendment rights were pilfered by the system, I'd rather see them melted into a puddle, then wind up with a man like this - profiteering off of my woe....

Scorched earth policy?

Maybe GOAL should do it [wink]

I, personally, would donate money to any person here who got an FFL and store front to act as a bonded warehouse and was 2A friendly, not 2A parasitic.

+1 to both of you.

The NET situation is quite different, as there could be negative political implications if GOAL took the action of criticizing a business for reporting an alleged violation of law to the state. One of GOALs keystones of credibility is that it has never advocated anyone break the law and coming down on someone for reporting a violation thereof is treading close to encouraging the violation of the law.

I think it would be very easy for them to take the stance not that Ted reported illegal activity, but that the law isn't being interpreted/applied correctly, much like with many other areas of Mass. gun laws.

I think the storage fees are due every month,otherwise he sells the guns,correct ?

I bet he'll extend due dates to let fees climb so that people just surrender their guns to him in lieu of payment.

Personally,I think it's a way of saying the dept or any of it's officers has first crack at any of the guns Dowd takes(from their respective dept),once they become available.

That's exactly what that is. I know of a very recent case in Mass. where this was the case.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom