• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Open Carry

i'll go there once a day(never really go for OC laws but just discussions)

(but i find THR to be worse..not trying for cross-forum flame war,just stating my opinion)

Last edited:
But wait! My Class A doesnt say concealed on it anywhere on it, even on the back. Surely I can open carry in this state without any issues!
[wink]

You should be able to carry in the open, but if you do in this state, you are opening a can of "numerous police encounters" worms besides, why would you want to show the bad people that your carrying anyway?????

Where do we find the book of "un-written" MGL?

MGL Ch 140 Sec 131f said:
A license issued under this section shall be revoked or suspended by the licensing authority, or his designee, upon the occurrence of any event that would have disqualified the holder from being issued such license or from having such license renewed. A license may be revoked or suspended by the licensing authority if it appears that the holder is no longer a suitable person to possess such license.

Emphasis mine.

The upshot of this is in some jurisdictions in MA, if you draw police attention to yourself in any way, you're on thin ice as far as keeping your LTC.

Emphasis mine.

The upshot of this is in some jurisdictions in MA, if you draw police attention to yourself in any way, you're on thin ice as far as keeping your LTC.

This is mostly speculation and Internet hearsay.

Old-timers will recall the day when one HAD to have some part of the gun exposed or you'd get arrested for hiding something.

honestly I'm convinced NES is the best source of info about interpretting MA gun laws.

I've got to agree. We are blessed here with enough folks that are knowledgeable on the laws that if one of us trips up and gives bad info, it gets corrected pretty quick. And when we hit an area that is questionable, it usually leads to some great discussion.

I've got to agree. We are blessed here with enough folks that are knowledgeable on the laws that if one of us trips up and gives bad info, it gets corrected pretty quick. And when we hit an area that is questionable, it usually leads to some great discussion.

That may be because those of us who live in Mass have to know what the law IS, as opposed to what it says.
If you were to simply read the law, you would think that Open Carry is legal, and since it was legal, how could you lose your license for doing so - makes perfect sense.
We're lucky here to even have lawyers here to say that it is a dumb idea for us to try without our open carry uniform.

I wonder if a group of us open-carried if it would garner a different reaction as opposed to say only myself carrying. I often pondered about having an open carry peaceful protest. Surely I'm senile, and dreaming as usual.

Back
Top Bottom