Open Carry in NH, the Horror... (at least for TPM)

"Why did you bring a God-damned gun to a presidential event?"

He could have answered, "The Presidential event was only about 2 hours of a long day of which I carry from morning to night. It made no sense to disarm for those few hours."

[paraphrased]What is the history of guns at presidential events?

How about this, "It seems that there are dozens of guns (carried by good guys) wherever the President goes. Are you accusing me of not being a good guy?"

How long 'till this poor sap gets the Joe The Plumber treatment from the left? I hope he's got no skeletons in his closet because the smear police are on their way if this guy gets any kind of positive attention.

Uuuuuh, what license does one need to legally carry openly in NH? And what license does one need to carry concealed on private property? Time for the locals to take another refresher course on the laws they're supposed to enforce.

Ken

They said he was properly licensed, and he was. I had a cop say the same thing to someone who wigged out when they saw me driving with my grandfather in a parking lot. (I was somewhere around ten at the time). No license is required means everyone is "properly licensed", but saying "properly licensed" shuts up the people complaining faster and with less paperwork.

Uuuuuh, what license does one need to legally carry openly in NH? And what license does one need to carry concealed on private property? Time for the locals to take another refresher course on the laws they're supposed to enforce.

Ken

By definition, if no license is required for open carry, then the person is "properly licensed".

They said he was properly licensed, and he was. I had a cop say the same thing to someone who wigged out when they saw me driving with my grandfather in a parking lot. (I was somewhere around ten at the time). No license is required means everyone is "properly licensed", but saying "properly licensed" shuts up the people complaining faster and with less paperwork.

"But, but, you need a license for that!"

Ugh. I hate hearing the typical statist drivel about licenses. A license is permission given to you by the government. But a right is something the government cannot giveth or taketh.

"But, but, you need a license for that!"

Ugh. I hate hearing the typical statist drivel about licenses. A license is permission given to you by the government. But a right is something the government cannot giveth or taketh.

I couldn't agree more.

All I'm saying is, when the cop doesn't want to have to explain it to the complainer, they're just going to say what it takes to get them to shut up, and at a presidential town hall, your average cop is going to be as busy as he ever gets outside of an emergency.

I think (hope) a trend is starting

PHP4A897DB84A39C.jpg

Obama: 'Honored and humbled' to speak before veterans in Phoenix
Police report no arrests or calls for medical assistance

http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/2009/08/17/20090817obama-scene.html

One sight was perhaps a little unnerving to those in charge of making sure everybody remains on their best behavior.

A man, who decided not to give his name, was walking around the pro-health care reform rally at 3rd and Washington streets, with a pistol on his hip, and an AR-15 (a semi-automatic assault rifle) on a strap over his shoulder.

"Because I can do it," he said when asked why he was armed. "In Arizona, I still have some freedoms."

Two police officers were staying very close to the man.

"What he is doing is perfectly legal," Det. J. Oliver, of the Phoenix Police Department said. "We are here to keep the peace. If we need to intervene, we will intervene at that time."

awesome.

okay, who wants to really get some attention at the next tea party?

I'm thinking 10 of us, looking just like that guy posted above, oughtta do it.

you can carry your AR-15 in NH, but you cannot have a magazine in it. transporting / crossing public rights of way with loaded rifles is against the law. a bunch of folks with unloaded ARs, and magazines readily available would certainly make for an interesting test case.

that said, if it's a "pistol" you might get away with it. Doobie's been pushing the limits on this one, but has yet to be detained.

okay, I was under the impression only transporting loaded long guns in NH was illegal... not carrying. otherwise, how does a hunter cross the road? does he unload his rifle, then proceed?

either way, it sounds like this could be trumped by finding some private property do demonstrate on, just as Kosteric did.

also, if "crossing" a public thoroughfare is the issue, what happens if we just stay on one side of the road while loaded?

Gonzo and Timber, we still need to meet up with. what you guys up to next week?

Section 207:8-a
207:8-a Remote Control or Internet Hunting Prohibited. –
I. No person shall offer for sale, take, or assist in the taking of wildlife by use of remote control or Internet hunting. Any person who violates this section shall be guilty of a class A misdemeanor if a natural person and guilty of a felony if any other person. In addition, the executive director may impose a civil penalty of not less than $10,000 for each violation of this section, with the moneys received from imposition of such civil penalty to be deposited in the fish and game fund.
II. For the purpose of this section ""remote control or Internet hunting'' shall mean the use of a computer or other electronic device, equipment, or software, to remotely control the aiming or discharge of a firearm or other weapon, that allows a person, not physically present, to take wildlife.
Source. 2006, 73:1, eff. April 28, 2006.

Damn. Another project down the drain.

[laugh2]

yeah. i'm in for the open carry, too. probably have 2-3 other people in for it as well.

i'm stupid busy for the next couple of weeks, but September is opening up nicely for a meet and plink.

heh, I've been riding my bike all over NH for the last 3 weeks with a spiffy 1911 on my hip.

It's fun.

[laugh2]

yeah. i'm in for the open carry, too. probably have 2-3 other people in for it as well.

i'm stupid busy for the next couple of weeks, but September is opening up nicely for a meet and plink.

I may be in for an open carry event. Gotta get arrested sometime.

What will the headline say?

"Chinese Delivery Man carries more than General Gao's Chicken"

Ken

The license is in case the wind blows his shirt over the gun? [laugh]

Back
Top Bottom