• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Once in a Lifetime Massachusetts Oportunity

Jbarila

NES Member
We need to keep the momentum! Tolman was soundly defeated by us. Healey is at a loss for her lopsided win in the primary. We have a once in a lifetime oportunity to elect a Republican Attorney General. Get the word out this IS our year to send a clear message to Massachusetts and the country. Miller is a supporter of 2A and will enforce the laws not make up his own. The AG List will be history.
VOTE JOHN MILLER for Attorney General.

The AG List will be history.
Do you really think even an R would dare give the opposition the gift of being seen as "soft on guns". The best we can realistically hope for with an R AG is weak defense of the list that will not go away.

Do you really think even an R would dare give the opposition the gift of being seen as "soft on guns". The best we can realistically hope for with an R AG is weak defense of the list that will not go away.

I generally agree with this. This is politics after all. What is said to win votes, doesn't always coincide with what is done before and after.

The only part I disagree with is: the "at best" situation would be the R (or D if enough pro 2nd people actually voted on the issue, there are plenty of D letter voters that believe in the RKBA) would make the AG guidelines match the actual approved list. Which can be spun fairly easy as "still tough on guns, but fixing un-needed clutter & confusion that wastes tax dollars." It isn't like 99% of anti's know the law anyway.

End of the day, letter next to the name doesn't matter. The vast majority of our politicos are anti because the polls tell them to be. If the polls said "we want a pro-2nd Democrat", suddenly, as if over night, we would have a whole bunch of people "evolving" on the issue. The actual tyrants of the world are much fewer and further between. (Bloomberg, Feinstein, Brady, etc...)

- - - Updated - - -

That being said, I'm not likely to vote for Healy, lol.

After hearing Miller talk at BRP, I'm pretty confident that he would not continue the current AG practice of randomly banning guns, my guess is that it would end up being just the EOPS list.

Don't be so sure that it was "we" who defeated Tolman. Healey's surge at the end was also attributed to a last-minute swing of female voters after Tolman supposedly made a somewhat-sexist comment (it wasn't, but Healey's side blew it up and ran with it to make it seem that way).

Does anyone have #'s as to how many people were registered as R vs the total # of D votes? That would give us a hint as to how much effect people just trying to defeat Tolman had.

My point is we can't sit back and take it easy. We need as many votes as possible to now defeat Healey, who will be riding her momentum.

Last edited:
I thought that Romney was a Republican. Didn't he make the AWB permanent in MA?

No he didn't. It was permanent in GCA 1998 (C. 180). Fed words were dropped in MGL C. 140 for convenience only under Romney but the ban wasn't going away even if that didn't pass.

Currently I'm past the AWB stuff, just let us order our God damn ammo online. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know there are a few still out there but I'm done calling around. Plus it would be a better use of my time to drive to Cabelas if to only get out of this sh*thole for a few hours.

That said I'd still prefer to order it online so I don't come home with a quad that I have no trailer for, space to keep, or any idea of how to drive. That place is like a gigantic candy store for me.

Sadly, I think you're right. Politics will trump principle as it often does.

What is really unfortunate, is that most potential voters have no idea who these candidates are and will either not fill in a name or do so because of the D or R. John Miller's name recognition is close to zero, and he has had his hand in this race for a while now.
Meanwhile, Maura Healy is trying to ride on the coat tails of Martha Coakley and is using that to propel her. Healy will only continue Coakley's unlawful policies. Her along with Seth Moulton are bad news for gun owners in our state.
The best bet for John Miller is that Coakley's campaign for governor tanks like her senate campaign did. Being tied to Coakley, Healy's support might fade away then.

I'll vote for him.

What we really need is Rs that will step away from anti abortion and LGBT issues. Rs lose too many votes to those that support either of those choices.

Oh yeah. All sorts of MA republicans support those choices. Not. Stop reading from the democrat playbook thats what they want you to believe.

They do lose traction with it nationally but i dont think john miller or charlie baker going to run on anti gay marraige or overturning roe v wade. Baker is a borderline democrat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's quite a stretch to say that *we* beat Tollman. You're basically saying that all gun owners in MA pulled D ballots.

What we really need is Rs that will step away from anti abortion and LGBT issues. Rs lose too many votes to those that support either of those choices.

I think that in order to put forth a cohesive political platform that addresses social issues as well as economic issues, you have to have a cohesive worldview. IMHO, the problem for Republicans isn't that they are anti-abortion or anti-gay marriage, which are both important issues that we probably should be talking about but don't because it's not PC, but that 1) in liberal enclaves the Dems/media won't let them talk about anything else, and 2) The party as a whole doesn't seem to have a compelling platform.

I was reading an okay article yesterday that was talking about how by all rights, the Republicans should be wiping the floor with Democrats this election. The fact that taking the Senate is iffy and the House will be retained by small margins(instead of taking a lot more seats) speaks to the fact that the Republicans are running on nothing. At a time when we need decisive leadership at home and abroad, it seems people are still looking for a bigger platform than "Vote *ME*, 'Cause Obama sucks!"

It's quite a stretch to say that *we* beat Tollman. You're basically saying that all gun owners in MA pulled D ballots.

and i believe the majority of firearms owners in mass don't care/don't pay attention. if they did goal's membership #'s would be a lot closer to 200,000 rather than the 15-20,000 on board now

i talked to an aquaintance i hadn't seen since before i got into the sport. life-long hunter/firearms owner. figured we'd have a good conversation. he had NO CLUE as to the year-long listening tour and resultant legislation[shocked]

and i believe the majority of firearms owners in mass don't care/don't pay attention. if they did goal's membership #'s would be a lot closer to 200,000 rather than the 15-20,000 on board now

i talked to an aquaintance i hadn't seen since before i got into the sport. life-long hunter/firearms owner. figured we'd have a good conversation. he had NO CLUE as to the year-long listening tour and resultant legislation[shocked]

Sadly, that's not uncommon, and is one of the main reasons why our Republic is in the condition it's in.

I've met people who blatantly tell me they don't follow politics, but they also assure me they vote. They almost seem proud of their ignorance.

I've come to the conclusion that the vast majority of people are low information voters, so it comes as no surprise that politicians pander to those people with appropriate sound bites.

I'll vote for him.

Republicans would be better off if they just shut up about this. At worst they should take a libertarian approach and say that government should not be involved in either, both are individual decisions. That would make the Democrats look shrill and whiney at the same time.

When the inevitable "Will you support..." question comes up, the answer is yes because that's how we ensure that the individual gets to make their decision.

You're right, but it mostly doesn't matter. It's almost always the small percentage of people who care about the issue that drive it. 10% on one side, 10% on the other, 80% don't really care. It might seem like a lot of us got involved at some level in the recent debate over gun laws, but of the 30 or so gun owners I know, only a few got involved. I saw the same faces at all three rallies I attended since January 2013. I don't care what area of politics it is, that's how it work.

Back
Top Bottom