• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Once in a Lifetime Massachusetts Oportunity

Don't be so sure that it was "we" who defeated Tolman. Healey's surge at the end was also attributed to a last-minute swing of female voters after Tolman supposedly made a somewhat-sexist comment (it wasn't, but Healey's side blew it up and ran with it to make it seem that way).
Does anyone have #'s as to how many people were registered as R vs the total # of D votes? That would give us a hint as to how much effect people just trying to defeat Tolman had.
My point is we can't sit back and take it easy. We need as many votes as possible to now defeat Healey, who will be riding her momentum.

Plus she's lesbian, and don't think for a second that didn't buy her a thousand votes or two....That's another thing that always amazes me. Gays will vote for gays - REGARDLESS of their politics. Like how the MA Irish vote for Irish, Italians for Italians, etc...and they haven't a CLUE as to who or what they are actually voting for...Case in point: several ProGun in-laws who voted for Carlo Basile, who is Anti-gun, for state rep last time out...simply because his name is pure Italiano.
It's asinine.
Like voting for a black guy just because he's....Oh, never mind.

So you're saying that gay and lesbian voters vote for people with whom they identify? Shocking. Of course it only happens in MA, I suppose.

Plus she's lesbian, and don't think for a second that didn't buy her a thousand votes or two....That's another thing that always amazes me. Gays will vote for gays - REGARDLESS of their politics. Like how the MA Irish vote for Irish, Italians for Italians, etc...and they haven't a CLUE as to who or what they are actually voting for...Case in point: several ProGun in-laws who voted for Carlo Basile, who is Anti-gun, for state rep last time out...simply because his name is pure Italiano.
It's asinine.
Like voting for a black guy just because he's....Oh, never mind.

Question. I've seen the capabilities of NES and gun owners in general in light of the recent legislation. If a ton of people called a dem and started saying they'd get the vote if pro gun could we get a switch? Probably S good chances as finding a unicorn that shits skittles but wondering if it's been tried? If gun ownership looks main stream couldinds be swayed. Like the dem playbook. Tell a lie long enough....

So you're saying that gay and lesbian voters vote for people with whom they identify? Shocking. Of course it only happens in MA, I suppose.

Yeah, but what I'm saying is, if I weren't a LTC holder and/or a member here at NES, etc, I'd probably blindly vote Moulton, cuz he "seems like a guy that average joes could identify with..." etc.

A girl who works at the convenience store around the corner, an LTC holder and carries on the job, goes to same range as me, etc...we talk guns frequently..She and I were chatting and she'd told me how she'd just voted that day...
"For Coakley".
"Why?" I asked.
"I dunno" she replied..."I guess I just recognize the name".
[banghead]

Question. I've seen the capabilities of NES and gun owners in general in light of the recent legislation. If a ton of people called a dem and started saying they'd get the vote if pro gun could we get a switch? Probably S good chances as finding a unicorn that shits skittles but wondering if it's been tried? If gun ownership looks main stream couldinds be swayed. Like the dem playbook. Tell a lie long enough....

Worth a shot? Sure!
Back in the day, if Barney Frank had been told by his campaign strategists that he was down 18 points in the polls because his sexuality was turning voters against him, he'd have announced himself as "cured" and slept with Roseanne Barr on pay-per-view as proof...

Worth a shot? Sure!
Back in the day, if Barney Frank had been told by his campaign strategists that he was down 18 points in the polls because his sexuality was turning voters against him, he'd have announced himself as "cured" and slept with Roseanne Barr on pay-per-view as proof...

I saw "slept with ros" and thought Rosie odonnell. Thanks for making me toss the cookies.

Oh yeah. All sorts of MA republicans support those choices. Not. Stop reading from the democrat playbook thats what they want you to believe.

They do lose traction with it nationally but i dont think john miller or charlie baker going to run on anti gay marraige or overturning roe v wade. Baker is a borderline democrat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Baker supports the AWB, so he's useless for our cause also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I saw "slept with ros" and thought Rosie odonnell. Thanks for making me toss the cookies.

I actually was flipping the coin when posting, couldn't decide on O'Donnell or Barr...Then I figured that with Barr, at least Barney would get to second base, maybe third. O'Donnell probably would've just rolled over, farted and turned on the Ellen show.

Back
Top Bottom