OMG. Forgot my gun.

one-eyed Jack

Manufacturer
A little sleepy this morning and forgot to pocket my CCW. I FEEL NAKED! If any Zombies show up here in Littleton Common today, I'll have to go to the office safe for a backup. How do you feel if or when you forget? Jack

It's something I'm so used to, that at times when I can't carry, (taking a patient to court/SSI/IRS etc), I feel as if something is missing. Not vulnerable per se, but incomplete. My CCW is like my car keys, wallet and travel mug of coffee when I leave the house. I have been in a rush and forgotten it a few times in my life, but almost always go home/turn around and go get it. I have a system now which makes it nearly impossible to leave it behind - I keep my car keys near my gun....

Whenever I forget I hate it. I'm convinced that will be the ONE time I really needed it. Last Sunday I was invited to a cookout and I knew beer would be available. To drink or not to drink? I chose beer and did not carry. Felt nekkid.

Jack, you're 5 minutes from Blue Northern, go get a new one! (what a great excuse eh? You're welcome)

I used to always carry with thunderwear, but since purchased a Sig 229 and began carrying on my waist. Due to my job I am used to not carrying. I wear my phone on my belt and the other day I came very close to answering my Sig

Speaking of answering the sig. I was thinking the other day that I wish I could find a holster that has a phone clip on it. The added phone will help hide the gun since anyone spotting anything will see the phone and dismiss it.

I live in NH and work in MA, so this is a problem I face every day (I refuse to get a MA license on principle).

Other than the one time I forgot to take it off, and was then stopped by a Westford, MA cop for speeding, reached to get my wallet and felt the handle of my 442. For a moment I thought "Oh f*ck". Cop was cool, let me off with a warning....Phew.

i can't carry to work anyway... [wink]

but when i'm off?

must.....have.....gun

*unless i'm gonna get roudy [cheers]

I don't forget...my house would have to be burning down and me my family narrowing escaping the inferno in order for me to forget.

I always have a .45 auto, pants or no pants but anyone can forget. I don't think I can carry the Thompson cause the license says "possess" a machinegun not "carry" one. But wouldn't that shock the sh*t out of the bad guy.

This weekend I had to get up early and drive to an event, and I guess I wasn't quite awake yet when I was getting ready. I put my IWB holster on, and of course normally I would put my xd45 in it. I forgot! I had the holster on all day, with no gun in it, thinking I had it. At the end of the day I nearly had a heart attack when I noticed it wasn't there in the holster. It was safe and sound at home . Never again, so some good came out of it I guess.

Last edited:
This weekend I had to get up early and drive to an event, and I guess I wasn't quite awake yet when I was getting ready. I put my IWB holster on, and of course normally I would put my xd45 in it. I forgot! I had the holster on all day, with no gun in it, thinking I had it. At the end of the day I nearly had a heart attack when I noticed it wasn't there in the holster. Once I realized how unlikely that was to happen, it hit me. I had never put it in the holster in my rush to get going. It was safe and sound at home . Never again, so some good came out of it I guess.

Wow!!

By law I am not allowed to CCW at work. This has made me complacent when carrying outside work and I find myself carrying less and less. [hmmm]

Chris

Back
Top Bottom