OK, so who actually LIKES 40 S&W?

It's still a pointless, over hyped cartridge. Why should I care about it if it only works good in a gun and bullet combination I can never buy? Sure it's fun at the range, but beyond that.. meh.

-Mike

Yup. That's why I can't justify having a $1200 handgun chambered in a useless caliber. I'd be over it instantly if I bought it.

Sent from my carbon covered iPhone

Yup. That's why I can't justify having a $1200 handgun chambered in a useless caliber. I'd be over it instantly if I bought it.

It is fun to shoot, though, I'll give it that much- but that doesn't make the cartridge any less pointless.

I know people that have and love those things, more the merrier I guess. Those guns used to be like 700 or 800 bucks not that many years ago... now the fanbois are all over them and FN hiked the price up... and there are still people willing to blow over a grand for them.

-Mike

10mm-1.jpg

That being said, ammo is twice the price of 9mm and insanely difficult to get locally, so I'm waiting for a press before I pick up the g20sf.

looks like someone photoshoped a nuclear explosion into 10mm ballistic path.
funny.
do people think it's for real?

funny.

No, 10mm actually does cause a thermonuclear hydrostatic reaction in ballistic gelatin. I read it on the internet.

funny.

I'm sure a few glanced at it and thought it was in-fact so powerful that it caused a glowing channel wound hahaha.

I was waiting for someone to pick up on it.

It is fun to shoot, though, I'll give it that much- but that doesn't make the cartridge any less pointless.

I know people that have and love those things, more the merrier I guess. Those guns used to be like 700 or 800 bucks not that many years ago... now the fanbois are all over them and FN hiked the price up... and there are still people willing to blow over a grand for them.

-Mike

Yep. COD breeds some real newbs.

- - - Updated - - -

I went out and bought a Gen 4 glock 19 today just to say I own both when we have this argument again lol. I really want a Glock 20 next

I just got one Saturday. Best handgun I've ever shot. I couldn't be more happy owning this gun. Enjoy yours!

Yep. COD breeds some real newbs.

That cartridge's fanboi cult goes back way before COD/MW or whatever that game is. It was mainly caused by antis whining about how "evil" it is, lol. I guess on that front buying more is a good thing, if it makes an anti shit their pants for no reason. [laugh]

-Mike

I think the .40 has a bright future in Mass. Think about it. You can't buy mags that hold over 10 rounds. So one should buy the most gun while still fitting 10 in the mag. In many make/models that is the .40 cal. Stepping up to the .45 usually will mean less than 10 in the mag. (I know there are some exceptions so spare me)

Aside from that - I like the round. It's cheaper to shoot than .45 all day - that is for damn sure.

I like the .40 for one thing only and that is long range (beyond 100 yards) plinking in a full size gun. I'd love to try a 10 mm because I think it would be even better. For any other purpose, I use other calibers.

I got one because I had about 200,000 empty cases that needed reloading and I figured something to shoot em in would be handy. It seemed like the smart thing to do at the time since all the cops had 40s I thought ammo would become cheap and the potential for decently priced cop trade ins guns would make 40S&W the new 9mm. If my 40 wasn't a beretta I'd probably have rid myself of it but since I really like the beretta I'll hang on to it at least until the 200,000 reloads are depleted.

Back
Top Bottom