OK, now I want to know why you guys are hating on the .40 cal?

It is because it tastes like crap

COLT-45_liquor.jpg

A colt should never come in a fotay

This is going to be about cats, isn't it?

That'll be the next "I want to know why you're hating..." thread.

I don't like the .40 because it isn't as cheap as 9mm and isn't as fun as .45. That doesn't mean I wouldn't buy one if I found one I liked, just that for the moment I don't have a burning need/desire for it.

I think most of the hating is the community running with a meme.

There's nothing worse than a brass bucket full of 40 caliber. The 9mm get stuck in the 40's than the 40's get stuck in the 45's.

If you have a 40 you should at least reload for it or stomp on it and crush it or even take it home with you and stop aggrevating the rest of the shooting world.

I was in the same boat as you with my first purchase and went with a Para O. 14/40 - OMG the forum says - yup both a Para and a .40 caliber - AND I LOVED IT!
The gun was a beast - ate everything, was a great weight although heavy imo for daily carry, and I could shoot groups just as tight as any .45
The .40 I had was used in several bowling pin shoots and knocked them down every time (although I was told the power would not do it everytime) I beat more then a few .45's in both time and accuracy. With all that being said I got rid of it when I needed funds.

Actually the G 27 magicaly turns into a nine, when I drop the 9mm barrel in it!
Make sure of that. Some aftermarket barrels will let you do that without a new 9 mm slide. Glock 9 mm barrels will not work on a .40/.357 slide.

You will also need 9 mm mags for the conversion.

I love the .40 S&W and anyone who doesn't like it can kiss the hairiest part of my ass.

They're just jealous because I own a spectacular Springfield XD-40 with about a dozen high-capacity mags that they can't own because their masters in the Commonwealth's legislature won't let them own one.

I, on the other hand, answer to no man and will own whatever the hell I want.*

*This post is best read while "God Bless America" play in the background.

May I offer to wave a flag in the background as well? Just for effect.

Make sure of that. Some aftermarket barrels will let you do that without a new 9 mm slide. Glock 9 mm barrels will not work on a .40/.357 slide.

You will also need 9 mm mags for the conversion.

Its a Lone Wolf barrel, I have the 9mm mags, shot about 200 rds through no prob. I know a thing or two, but thanks for the heads up.[smile]

If I where to do it again I may have done it differently, but since I didn't and don't own anything bigger.....40 cal is the BEST cartridge ever made.[laugh] But really though, I want to get my hands on a G20 and a G29 so I can have the ability to shoot like 4 different calibers through one gun. (with the appropriate barrels and mags of coarse).

(Aww shit whos gonna bash me for this)[wink]

I ignored the .40S&W for years.

Not long ago I was in a gunshop to do a transfer and I saw a nice looking Kahr. Turns out its a K40, but what the hell I'll give it a try.

I like that gun a lot. It's reliable, conceals well and I enjoy shooting it. I still don't give a sh!t about the .40S&W, but I enjoy the one gun I own in that caliber. I'll most likely never buy anything else in FOTAY.

Glock 22 + Bar-Sto barrel = no KB

the main reasons I bought my Glock 22 were , it was in stock at the local shop for a very good price , plus it came with 3 high-cap magazines. I like the gun the snap recoil is still odd and I actually use my Glock 17 more because ammo is cheaper.

IMG_2424.jpg

Now Eddie tells how you really feel about the .45 G.A.P [devil]

i like my fotay. it's a G23. i also have a lonewolf barrel for it. zero failures in easily 1200+ rounds.

hell, nowdays i only shoot carry ammo through the thing... the rest of the time, it's a 9mm FMJ.

the only other non-9mm gun i have is my 1911, all the rest are 9's... [rockon]

i went with the .40 because it is widely used by LE... a little bit bigger hole with minimal round capicity sacrifice... [smile] plus i like to dress up as po po at holloween parities and show people my night stick.

S'Matter! None of you guys watched The Hangover??????

Great Movie.

I have no opinion on the .40. I don't own one and probably never will. Not because I don't like it, just have no need for additional calibers.

My first handgun I bought was a G22. I didn't really do much research before buying it but I will say that I am quite happy with going with that caliber to start. I don't find the recoil as offensive as some on this board do. I don't see where it's a comprimise round either. If you don't like the flavor then don't drink the koolaid.

My only complaint on the .40 is it's kinda snappy. But that can be easily countered with heavier loads.

on Glocks you can also get a heavier (or is it lighter) recoil spring / guide rod combo and a butt plug. but since i'm NOT a girl, i haven't bought any of those. [rofl]

Well, theres .17, 17bee. .22, .22Hipower or what ever the freak its called, .25 .32, .380 ,.38, .38spec [9mm internationally the best to find ammo for], .357, 10mm, 44mag, 44spec, .45acp, 45LC, and .50cal. What else? WHY the F do you need more? IIRC a 9mm and .40 are almost identical. Marketing and sales consumption????

Last edited:
I don't find the recoil as offensive as some on this board do. If you don't like the flavor then don't drink the koolaid.

I like recoil. Love to shoot the .44 mag. Wish I could afford a .500

My neighbor has an M&P 40 that I get the chance to shoot occaisionally. I can't seem to get the accuracy I should with it, mostly don't like the trigger. I wish it had a better trigger, and more recoil. I would feel more like I was accomplishing something. If I ever do find a decent job, or hit the lottery, my choice will be a 10 mm for a pistol.

I like recoil. Love to shoot the .44 mag. Wish I could afford a .500

My neighbor has an M&P 40 that I get the chance to shoot occaisionally. I can't seem to get the accuracy I should with it, mostly don't like the trigger. I wish it had a better trigger, and more recoil. I would feel more like I was accomplishing something. If I ever do find a decent job, or hit the lottery, my choice will be a 10 mm for a pistol.

I'd probably go the 10mm route too knowing what I know now but it doesn't make much sense considering the availability of 10mm. I don't remember seeing any if many boxes of it at local stores. I only shot a 10mm once a long while ago but I do remember it being controlable.

There's nothing worse than a brass bucket full of 40 caliber. The 9mm get stuck in the 40's than the 40's get stuck in the 45's.

If you have a 40 you should at least reload for it or stomp on it and crush it or even take it home with you and stop aggrevating the rest of the shooting world.

I totally agree. When people are helping me by picking up "my" brass I usually end up with a bunch of 40 mixed in. And it does exactly what you say. PITA.

Back
Top Bottom