Official 1911 Pic Thread...

Thanks. I didn't like the ambi safety (I'm a righty), so I installed a Wilson 6BN thumb safety. I prefer the short trigger so I installed the short Wilson trigger. I originally had the factory rosewood grips on the pistol then switched to the VZ G10 Aliens but they were too aggressive for me, so I went with the Gators which I really like (half of my 1911's have the same grips on them - the VZ Gators).

I have a pair of VZ Gators on my Colt 1991 Officers... and I love them. I also had the short trigger installed.

IMG_4350.jpg

Finally!!!! I own a 1911... yeee-HA [smile]
I went out to one of the biggest Gun shops in CT today, I've always gotten good service there, they have a great selection and decent prices...can't hurt to look and ask some questions, right? [rolleyes]
They had a massive selection of 1911s $800 and up with plenty custom and high enders over $2k. All more than I was willing to spend. I looked at a few of the Taurus 1911s at ~$650 and they had two absolutely stripped SA GIs at $599 and nothing used. The prices were still high, didn't want to pay $650+ for a Taurus or $600 for a bare bone of a pistol...Then down in the corner of the case I spotted a Para GI Expert 1911..The sales guy, says "I didn't know we had any of those left, that Para is the best 1911 deal in the store" It was on special at $519! incl. factory trigger job(very crisp), skeletonized hammer, stainless steel barrel, 3dot sights and two 8rd mags.
Best of all they had one in the range's rental case(nothing like a gun shop with an attached range)...They let me put 16rds through, I loved it, came out and had them warp up the new one....then I want back and ran 60rds through mine, its a shooter and just a great pistol. I shot 25 and 50' marks at both ranges I was easily able to keep nice groups of~2.5" on the 6" post-it targets they had, not shabby for the first time with a 1911 and a .45.

pics:
DSC01767.jpg

DSC01763.jpg

DSC01761.jpg

DSC01756.jpg

DSC01758.jpg

Sorry for my terrible picture taking skills, but here is my 1911 with a 22 conversion and without.

TacSol 22LR conversion with millet reddot
100_7282.jpg

100_7284.jpg

45ACP
100_7286.jpg

What do all of those keys go to??? :)

Slabsides slideshow! How did I miss this thread?

Here's my series 70 with a bunch of daily carry crap, posted on another thread.
16010.jpg

Also have a SW1911 that I've got in the classifieds right now. Don't really want to part with it, It's a sweet shooter. I need to get going on an AR project I've been talking about for too long, so some stuff has to go to fund it! If no bites on the Smith, I'll hold on to it and yet again push back the AR build. [thinking]

aaaaand a tribute to Walter...
walter.jpg

Thanks guys. I did add the extended slide release and the hogue grips for personal feel and function. Silver bushing is for illusional intimidation purposes [laugh] But for the most part I like the simple no frills spartan look.

Last edited:
Here is mine. I am not a photographer, so please excuse the picture quality. I just posted this on the target thread, so I figured throw it up here too.

The banner below the eagle says. "E Pluribus Unum"

1911 Colt 5" 45 Auto
Number 016 of 200
I just wish I could figure out when it was made.
The target: 10 yards - 230gr WWB FMJ - 8 rounds - 3 in the same hole

100_2267.jpg

Here's my Colt 70 Series I had fun tricking out....

IMG_4567.jpg

OMFG, now that is an awesome BBQ gun!!

What do all of those keys go to??? :)

[laugh]
house keys
car keys
shed keys
shop keys
safe keys
gate keys
range keys
file cabinet keys
portable gun case keys
tackle box keys
PO box keys

shall I go on? [wink]

My Repro 1911:
Picture002.jpg

Cool! We can't get those in MA.

If you care: the plaque says WWII repro but that's a WWI-style gun.

Supermoto, what's the "wing" on the side, in front of the slide stop? The things I've seen for barrier shooting are usually flat, not angled.

Cool looking blaster, btw.

You must use a really far forward thumb grip? Or is that just an illusion based on the photo angle? Normally my support thumb is even with the flat part of the slide stop.

Last edited:
You must use a really far forward thumb grip? Or is that just an illusion based on the photo angle? Normally my support thumb is even with the flat part of the slide stop.

probably a combination. it is a very short gun, Its for IPSC modified class so it has to fit in a box, hence the angled cuts on the slide and magwell

mod.jpg

Back
Top Bottom