• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Official 1911 Pic Thread...

My 1945 Ithaca on top of Dad's Army jacket.
DSC_0007.jpg

Dear Fellow Members,

I will gladly take any one of your beautiful 1911s off of your hands if you get tired of them.

Regards,
Joe

Dear Joe,

Thanks for the kind words concerning our 1911's. Your willingness to give our pistols a home should the need arise is just one more example of how great this NES family is.

I must warn that the wait for an available 1911 will be long. In fact you have a better chance of Obama becoming a pro-gun libertarian than one of us to getting tired of our beloved pistols.

Regards,
stoney

Dear Joe,

Thanks for the kind words concerning our 1911's. Your willingness to give our pistols a home should the need arise is just one more example of how great this NES family is.

I must warn that the wait for an available 1911 will be long. In fact you have a better chance of Obama becoming a pro-gun libertarian than one of us to getting tired of our beloved pistols.

Regards,
stoney

How could anything but kind words come out after seeing these beauties! Well Stoney, I guess I'll start a 1911 savings fund. Maybe one day I'll post my own on the site!

Slabsides slideshow! How did I miss this thread?

Here's my series 70 with a bunch of daily carry crap, posted on another thread.
16010.jpg

Also have a SW1911 that I've got in the classifieds right now. Don't really want to part with it, It's a sweet shooter. I need to get going on an AR project I've been talking about for too long, so some stuff has to go to fund it! If no bites on the Smith, I'll hold on to it and yet again push back the AR build. [thinking]

aaaaand a tribute to Walter...
walter.jpg

I gotta get me a 1911!

Almost makes me feel ashamed for having a Glock in the safe......Almost.[pot]

Yes you do.

And don't worry about it, my Glock and 1911 live in harmony in my safe. [smile]

I went fishing with John from Remsport, and after talking with him I see a 1911 frame, slide and barrel combo sometime in the future.....once I have money.....[thinking]

$17?!!!

I see the paperwork says date of purchase was in 1962 though. Still...

The slip of paperwork at the upper left says "unserviceable" at the bottom.
Is it a shot-to-shit paperweight? Either way, I'll give you 35 times what was paid for it! [grin]

If only I were the one to pay $17 for it!
I got it used in a shop with all the paperwork you see (I had to pay $600). I'm not sure why they describe it as "unserviceable". It definitly is serviceable.

The guy was from Jersey, and even back then, the poor bastard had to have a Permit to purchase it!

Note they call it a Remington, but the actual "firearm" part, the frame, is Colt.

Back
Top Bottom