• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Firearms Acquisition Thread April 2023

Picked up last night.
M1A Precision, with 4-14x56 Springfield Armory Government scope, Krieger barrel and 3 mags. Not bad for under $1500.
And a baby Benelli (Franchi Affinity 3) because I realized I didn't own a shotgun.

Pretty rainy today, should be a good day for range time.

Newguns.jpg

Form 4 was just approved on this. Should be picking it up in a few weeks. Still counts as an April pick up even though I bought it last year right?

Attachments

• 3F0BEB71-27D5-4084-BA54-F8D9668DC0FB.jpeg.5c3cdd36df39f54df3f4105f2cce317f.jpeg
    3F0BEB71-27D5-4084-BA54-F8D9668DC0FB.jpeg.5c3cdd36df39f54df3f4105f2cce317f.jpeg
    258.3 KB · Views: 107
Saw this in the local shop yesterday. At first I thought it was the owner's but it was a new one (pre-owned but supposedly never used).

Took a deep breath, channeled my inner Owen Grady, and without a second thought, pulled the trigger on it.

1895 45-70.JPG

Please post a short review of this after you break it in, and test it.

I am an admitted .22LR addict and love learning about ANY .22LR's
Put 100 rounds through it and zero issues. 50 CCI Stingers and 50 CCI SV lead. Great trigger, sights difficult to pick up against a dark colored target though. Neat little pistol.

Congrats!

Browning 1911 in .22LR
Please post a short review of this after you break it in, and test it.

I am an admitted .22LR addict and love learning about ANY .22LR's

I just recently picked up the .380 version of this gun (can't remember if I posted about it here or not), and I absolutely love it so far! I hadn't even considered it when I bought it, but because of its compact size (85% of full size), I might even consider using it in my EDC rotation. Here it is, shown with my full size Nighthawk to better show its comparative size:

full

Frank

Picked up this Webley yesterday. Debated getting the more classic .455 model, but with the .38, at least there's ammo to be readily found.

And she just turned 80.

View attachment 740607

I loved my .38 until I found a .455. When they put "War Finish" on there, they meant it: the standard really was different. The Mk IV .38 is a rattletrap compared to any of my .455s.

Welcome to the club!

UGH...I guess you bought it in the free state of Tenn. I do not think Tisas is available to us subjugated ones here in the Peoples Republic of MA!

unnamed.jpg

MODEL 686 PLUS 3-5-7 MAGNUM SERIES WITH A 5" BARREL

I got something completely unexpected!
The pictures do not do it justice especially the grips which are black laminate

It was NEW in the box, yet surprisingly very dirty from the factory, come on
S&W ! At this price point is should be cleaned before it is shipped out.
The double action is heavy, yet smooth; the single action is FANTASTIC !

Last edited:
New Typewriter Day!

Not that there's any practical need in the world for something like this, but it's something that I've been eyeing for years, and with an AWB likely coming to RI sometime this year, I figured now may be my last chance to get one. So here's my new Chicago Typewriter (aka, .45acp Auto-Ordnance Thompson 1927A-1)!

full

full

...and when fully assembled, it looks just like this:

full

Can't wait to try it out! It weighs a ton, and from everything I've seen and read, they tend to jam quite a bit...especially the drum mag, but they're a heck of a lot of fun to shoot, with practically no recoil.

Frank

Back
Top Bottom