• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Official 1911 Pic Thread...

USPSA Open gun

bedell%20jpoint_3.jpg

Last edited:
This is my carry gun.

WW II Ithaca made in 1943

This gun was a GI bring back.

He had it nickeled and engraved.

I have the barrel, grips and mag that came with the gun put away.

DSC03781.jpg

Thanks for looking

Fred

Great pics, Fred! I am sure you must have shown me this 1911 when you took me on the "tour of the crypt" - I lost track after the first 100 or so....[grin]

DSC09665.jpg

Heller Purchase....hoping to remain unfired until I pass it on.

That is a remarkably good looking 1911. I've got the stainless S&W 1911, but with boring black grips. I'd like to get green grips like that, anyone know are they available separately?

Those like CT laser grips.

Those are the green version of the CT laser grips. I have a gray pair on my Kimber TRE 1911. They work extremely well UNLESS you use dirty ammo in which case they get dirty and diffuse within about 10 shots. On the other hand, I use the Kimber as a carry piece so no worries. Also, if you use good ammo it's not such a problem. Frangible is right out.

Well, these 1911's are smaller than the one uncle Sam issued me 40 years ago, but I just love these Kimber's.
I carry them both and use Wilson Combat mags with them.

Ultra Carry II

IMG_3273.jpg

Ultra CDP II

IMG_3275.JPG

Top-Built by me-Foster Ind. frame ,Kimber slide ,stippled front strap ,Combat black Dura-coat slide, stainless steel Dura-coat frame.

Middle-Built by me-Fusion frame , Foster Ind. slide,Black Oxide by Fusion .

Bottom- S&W1911sc with bobtail .

DSC05873.jpg

DSC05875.jpg

Back
Top Bottom