Official 1911 Pic Thread...

Alright...now you going to make me beg you to shoot this?? [smile]

modified 2.jpg

Here's a couple of mine I have more 1911's than one person should.

This one is a 1979 Colt 70 series that was done over by overland plating. I got from a NES member and I couldn't turn it down because I it was so unique.

Nickle.jpg

This one is a 1984 blue Colt that I had the slide milled and Novak sights installed.

1986MKIV.jpg

These is one the two frames and slides that I had David Santurri make me 2 custom 1911's from.

04-frame.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah- when you said you were looking for bullets for you modified gun I was wondering what you were doing! Supermoto goes international??

Nice, with the ports on it what does the recoil feel like? Looks like it's got an over sized spring (length wise).

The recoil in between a racegun and a normal .40 limited gun. It needs alot of powder to make major with the short porter barrel so it has some snap to it. But it's alot of fun to shoot
it runs a standard recoil spring. The dustcover is full length

1941 Colt M1911A1

Got this in Maine this past april from a good friend.
IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0483.jpg

Only my 2nd Colt .45 Auto. 1st one is a Government Model I bought new in 1970 for $125.00. This one cost a lot more but it's worth it to me. Enjoy!
Charlie

IMG_9609.JPG

I got this used from Four Seasons. It didn't chamber reliably so I sent it to Smith and Wesson, and now it's perfectly reliable. This has the best trigger of any pistol I own.

1941 Colt M1911A1

John,
Yes, it has the original finish and correct matching parts. I bought a copy of Clawson's book before I looked at the gun. This piece checked out perfectly. It was rather dirty when I first examined it but it cleaned up well.
Matching slide
IMG_0506.jpg

Bore
IMG_0503.jpg

Slide
IMG_0499.jpg

Acceptance stamp
IMG_0494.jpg

Provisional acceptance
IMG_0489.jpg

I rate the finish at 75-80%. It has wear from the holster on the usual places. It looks like it was well cared for by the previous owner.
Charlie

I posted this in a new acquisition thread but I haven't seen another one of these on NES so I'll post again. It's a Sig GSR Revolution target and it's one of the tighter 1911s I've seen. I bought it from someone down near the Cape. I'm quite glad to have found it.

sig_gsr1.jpg

sig_gsr2.jpg

This gives a good idea of the fit.

sig_gsr3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom