Official 1911 Pic Thread...

Sold my Ed Brown 9mm to a great member on here and the empty spot in my safe made me sad, so I filled it with this and life is good [grin] Stainless Steel Wilson Combat CQB 9mm with the gold bead front sight1
Wilson_cqb_stainless_3_of_7_1024x1024_zps1a33d591.jpg
Wilson_cqb_stainless_1_of_7_1024x1024_zpsb8083614.jpg
Wilson_cqb_stainless_2_of_7_1024x1024_zpsdcf351b2.jpg

I have mostly been selling lately, but i just got my 1911 9mm Pro Series back from having the SVI trigger put in and my Brazos Slide for my custom 2011 build was on the doors step today.

Parts get shipped off to the gunsmith tomorrow for the 2011 build!

20140515_163837_zpswhl92c0y.jpg

I know a lot of people don't like shiny guns but I do and so do my friends. This is a S&W that I just finished polishing. At first I just did the flats and left the scales alone but it looked off balance so I hit just the high points of the scales and we both think it looks awesome. It has no effect on the ability to pull back the slide. They still dig in really well. I've done my Beretta 92 Inox, this one, a Ruger 1911 and my other friends S&W 1911. For that one I only polished the area in front of the front serrations and behind the rear serrations. That looks good too (the last two pics).

IMG_1568NoSNsmall.jpg IMG_1555NoSNSmall.jpg IMG_1565NoSNsmall.jpg IMG_1567small.jpg IMG_1566small.jpg IMG_1025small.jpg IMG_1030small.jpg

Last edited:
I have mostly been selling lately, but i just got my 1911 9mm Pro Series back from having the SVI trigger put in and my Brazos Slide for my custom 2011 build was on the doors step today.

Parts get shipped off to the gunsmith tomorrow for the 2011 build!

20140515_163837_zpswhl92c0y.jpg

So, three months later I get my parts shown above back from said gunsmith.... hopefully it shoots as good as it looks

20140818_173729_zpsx2r1sg3p.jpg

Last edited:
So, three months later I get my parts shown above back from said gunsmith.... hopefully it shoots as good as it looks

20140818_173729_zpsx2r1sg3p.jpg

Dude - you suck. Now I have 2011 envy!! --- That thing looks totally cool. I love the humongous mag well and ported barrel.

It looks like Robo-Cops gun. Please let us know how she shoots. What is the trigger pull?

It's exactly the thing a "C" shooter like myself needs![rolleyes][rofl]

It was a substantial amount of money, but it was built for about $400 more than many places charge for a stock STI Edge

Last edited:
Dude - you suck. Now I have 2011 envy!! --- That thing looks totally cool. I love the humongous mag well and ported barrel.

It looks like Robo-Cops gun. Please let us know how she shoots. What is the trigger pull?

I agree with Fencer! I was perfectly satisfied with my 1911's but now I want a 2011!!!!!!

sweet gun! Any chance you can give us a parts list?

Seeing as how I don't have a holster and dies to reload for it yet, all I can do is talk about it!

STI long / wide 2011 frame
Brazos modified slide
Bar-Sto .40 bull barrel
Mannydot front sight
EGW ultimate ignition kit
Ed Brown wide ambi safety
EGW grip safety
SV triglide trigger bow and Med Flat insert
DP Ice magwell

Trigger breaks at 2-3/4 pounds

Finish is hard chrome.

Grip has had a single undercut, and boy am I glad I did. Fits the hand great now.

Total time to complete was 3 months ( almost to the day ) from supplying my frame and deposit check. The gentleman that build it was extremely accommodation and very "old school" ( in a good way )

I'm a little torn as I wasn't really expecting to have this until fall. The plan was to finish out the remaining matches of the year with my 1911

Last edited:
Rock Island Armory 1911GI before and after pics.
Still a work in progress, got everything to fit but can't get the trigger to half-cock, so some fitting of sear and hammer is in my future. image.jpg Pics posted backwards, wood grips before, black grips after

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Dan Wesson Guardian 45 ACP with VZ grips and Milt Sparks holster. Very well fitted and no MIM parts. Great quality gun for the money. Sent the slide back for a taller front sight for center hold - no charge.

Back
Top Bottom