• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Official 1911 Pic Thread...

Just swapped out standard wood grips with these. Just thought I'd see how they look on this old Colt. Lighting makes them appear a little rosy but they are white.

colt_ivory_01.jpg

colt_ivory_02.jpg

They would go well with some dress whites.

Picked up my first 1911 today. A slightly used Ruger SR1911 Commander.

Previously owner had it Bob-tailed by a local shop. Got it all cleaned up and ready to ,hopefully, hit the range after work tomorrow.

image.jpg
image.jpg

Shocked that it was guns n gear. I get there fairly often and there are great people, I just did not know they had this level of workmanship in them.

Shocked that it was guns n gear. I get there fairly often and there are great people, I just did not know they had this level of workmanship in them.

Your not alone. I've been in there shop numerous times and the owners are super nice people. They sit on the BOD of the club I belong to as well.

I once asked him about drilling and tapping a pistol for a mount and he said he couldn't do it. Guess I figured the didn't do anything past very basic. He did once press off a rear sight for me for free just cause I bought the APEX Kit there.

Either way, the bobtail looks great, he added a Ed Brown bobtail mainspring housing.

Saw some mention of the Brown bobtail msh. I didnt' want to drop the cash on a block with 2 holes in it, but enjoy working on guns more than shooting them, and bought the jig.

If anyone wants to borrow the jig, send me a pm and I"l drop it in the mail.

- - - Updated - - -

Saw some mention of the Brown bobtail msh. I didnt' want to drop the cash on a block with 2 holes in it, but enjoy working on guns more than shooting them, and bought the jig.

If anyone wants to borrow the jig, send me a pm and I"l drop it in the mail.

I have always had one type of 1911 or another over the past 35 years, but have been really into them lately, and yes as my avatar shows I did have a couple of Para's, they shot fine with 0 issues, but don't have them anymore. These are my latest ones over the last few months. Sig Scorpion Carry, Ruger Commander, and a Ruger that some gunsmith built into a 9mm, shoots awesome.
IMG_0197.jpg

Back
Top Bottom