Official 1911 Pic Thread...

Long-time lurker here, in the past I've spent a lot of time on THR and 1911.org but am starting to focus more on Northeastshooters

Wow. Took me a few weeks of after-work winding down sessions, but I finally have looked through every post in this thread
Too many pics of amazing guns in here to single any out. I may have drooled on my keyboard once or twice...

I only have two and a half 1911s in my collection at the moment, but I plan to be adding more over time as they are my favorite handguns. Looking to get a Ruger next for EDC at work.
The polished stainless is a ltd edition S&W one of 251, and has been my every-day-carry for about four years now. The blued is a Cimarron (Spruced-up Armscor) and both are chambered in .45acp.
The Smith came from the factory wearing the grips seen in the photos, but it tends to wear rubbger hogue grips most of the time. The Cimarron tends to wear the factory walnut double-diamond checkered grips more often than not, but for photo ops and fancy occasions I find it's good to have some 'stunner' grips [smile]

The 'half 1911' I mentioned is a Kimber .22lr conversion kit upper. It works great on the S&W frame. I find the Cimarron frame is a bit tight for the conversion slide and is not reliable.

edit: if the pics look smaller than they should, right-click and 'view image' for a better look

(is there such a thing as too many pics in a post in a pic thread?)
7784494834_4914a4e97d_c.jpg

7784481970_ea676be702_c.jpg

7784482538_2ab6500b67_c.jpg

7784484350_ec902e34b7_c.jpg

7784489956_bd16d125cd_c.jpg

Here's the Kimber .22 kit on the S&W frame

7789554628_9b3b26a658_c.jpg

7795321218_b12c945e70_c.jpg

7789553196_959e9d6ee9_c.jpg

and here are two 'shots' of the S&W and Cimarron in action

7637674426_8b69d08105_z.jpg

6838150565_dacd4ba591_z.jpg

I'll take another shot of the pair wearing their workin' grips soon. Here's a shot of all the crap I lug around at work (no I don't carry a cat). Work is armed-security/burglar alarm response.
9521932619_8b1c0ff854_c.jpg

and once or twice a year I'll give it a deep-clean

8004353445_f9dd45267f_c.jpg

great PICS!!

Thanks for sharing.

Fred

Thanks guys!

Fencer the grips on the Cimarron are Ajax, found 'em on ebay (preowned but unused) and they turned out to be in MA. They actually arrived the day before the gun reached my FFL :D

Fencer - Ford's Custom in Crystal River FL does the bluing for the Cimarrons, however they have a very slow turn-around and are kind of a pain in the butt to deal with on the phone.

Next time I want a shiny blued finish put on a handgun I might look into Dietrich Gunsmithy in Otis, ME. Only reason I know of them is thanks to user WC145 here, who has the most gorgeous 1911 I've ever seen! I have no idea how much they charge, but his gun looks amazing! Here's a pic of his I just grabbed the link from post #671 in this here thread

SDC12062.JPG

Fencer - Ford's Custom in Crystal River FL does the bluing for the Cimarrons, however they have a very slow turn-around and are kind of a pain in the butt to deal with on the phone.

Next time I want a shiny blued finish put on a handgun I might look into Dietrich Gunsmithy in Otis, ME. Only reason I know of them is thanks to user WC145 here, who has the most gorgeous 1911 I've ever seen! I have no idea how much they charge, but his gun looks amazing! Here's a pic of his I just grabbed the link from post #671 in this here thread

SDC12062.JPG

Dat melt!

SDC12062.JPG

Yeah I have to say, this is the sweetest 1911 in this entire thread. I hope he holds onto that gun forever.

SDC12062.JPG

Thanks for the tip! I am going to get in touch with them and will post my findings here. That finish is truly amazing. I have a ton of questions for them.

sypuje3y.jpg

My r1
I counter sunk the slide lock pin hole a hair to make it Easier for me to push out .
Smoothed some of the edges of the frame out .
Filled the mag well just a hair.
Mirror polished the feed ramped. Painted the frame . And polished and removed the edge on the barrel nut.

My Remington R1.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice, the R1 is a great 1911.

SDC12062.JPG

1235010_10201986421126051_1744935475_n.jpg

haha! Thanks for the deal Al!

You got Al's Nighthawk? You lucky bastid! I thought about selling off five or six guns to justify it, but just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Damn college tuition! And to make it worse, my daughter called last week to tell me that she was awarded the Presidents Scholarship at U Miami and they gave her 31k off her tuition this year.

I was like " Damn... I coulda bought Al's Nighthawk! "

Congrats on the Beeeeautiful 1911.

Al is the unofficial 1911 guru

You got Al's Nighthawk? You lucky bastid! I thought about selling off five or six guns to justify it, but just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Damn college tuition! And to make it worse, my daughter called last week to tell me that she was awarded the Presidents Scholarship at U Miami and they gave her 31k off her tuition this year.

I was like " Damn... I coulda bought Al's Nighthawk! "

Congrats on the Beeeeautiful 1911.

Al is the unofficial 1911 guru

Congrats on your daughter's success!

Congrats on your daughter's success!

Kudos to your Daughter! I know your pain, my Son graduated Valedictorian of his class, perfect grades...sports...leadership.....volunteer work and it all paid off. He is now attending Brown University and they offered this kid zero financial support....not a dime. The Bank of Mom and Dad are funding 100% of his education [frown]

That is the only reason I even considered selling the Nighthawk and I regret having to do it but............................this may make me feel a wee bit better next week
WCT31067B_zps2ed976b4.jpg
WCT31067A_zpsbc66885b.jpg

Not too fancy but this will be my first 10mm 1911 and Wilson Combat knows how to build them [smile]

Same here buddy. Top of her class, VP of the National Honor Society, Tennis team, Key Club, blah blah blah. Went to the U because it is one of the best in the country for what she wants to do. She decided to be a double major and graduate with two degrees. That added a year to her college career.

When she came home this summer, end in sight, with Dad counting the months until she was done, she sat down on the couch and said " Dad, I want to go to Law School" I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

That Wilson Combat is sweet Al.

Same here buddy. Top of her class, VP of the National Honor Society, Tennis team, Key Club, blah blah blah. Went to the U because it is one of the best in the country for what she wants to do. She decided to be a double major and graduate with two degrees. That added a year to her college career.

When she came home this summer, end in sight, with Dad counting the months until she was done, she sat down on the couch and said " Dad, I want to go to Law School" I don't know if I should laugh or cry.

That Wilson Combat is sweet Al.

She sounds like someone who will succeed and you will never invest in anything or anyone that makes more sense.........You should celebrate and pat yourself on the back for raising such a great person [grin]

Nice WIlson. It would be interesting to see pictures of your 1911 collection.

I wouldn't call my guns a collection since they are taken to the range often, which is why I have limited the 1911 grouping to 6. These days, I am focused on quality and variety. My little 1911 clan is constantly evolving and right now I am not sure if the Guncrafter No Name will earn a permanent spot since we simply haven't bonded. The Nighthawk T3, Wilson Combat Tactical Elite and Wilson Combat CQB (9mm and 38Super) will with me until the inevitable but the Guncrafter No Name and Ed Brown Special Forces 9mm are questionable at this time.........

Hers my two. My August and September additions.

The 9mm Pro Series will be setup for next seasons USPSA SS division. The E series will reap the rewards of the parts that come off the Pro Series!

image_zpsde970679.jpg

Back
Top Bottom