Official 1911 Pic Thread...

My ss trp with some exploded images. my favorite of the non custom variety.

20130503_102714_resized.jpg

20120307_143617.jpg

20120320_144623.jpg

20120320_144641.jpg

freshly coated Colt Gold Cup and my custom Remsport Commander that I built:

- - - Updated - - -

freshly coated Colt Gold Cup and my custom Remsport Commander that I built:

Can we close this thread so I don't have to go buy another 1911? Hands down best looking pistols.

You say that like it's a bad thing, man. You don't see too many "1911 Anonymous" support groups so it can't be that bad. Then again, if one has a 1911 addiction, you're more likely to be at a range rather than a church basement...

Just picked up this Sig Scorpion a couple weeks ago. Man, does this thing shoot sweet!

View attachment 68891

You tear it down yet? I bought one a couple months ago nice shooting gun... But went to clean it the first time and I could not get it back together! The lever that actuates the firing pin block was too proud!!! I fixed it but on a $1000+ gun that shouldn't happen!

You tear it down yet? I bought one a couple months ago nice shooting gun... But went to clean it the first time and I could not get it back together! The lever that actuates the firing pin block was too proud!!! I fixed it but on a $1000+ gun that shouldn't happen!

I did....darn thing had me stymied for about a half hour, but I figured it out. Did you have to "fix" yours or just figure out the trick?

Thinking about one, what is the trick. The suspense is killing me

No real trick....except thAt you really want about 3 extra fingers to manipulate everything while putting the slide back on. That little lever a is a bastihd. The best advice is NOT to flip the slide upside down while assembling and gravity will help you. IDK if its a Sig thing or a 80 series safety thing, but once I figured it out I can do it in the dark.

My Colt Gold Cup I had cerakoted by Greg (better pic):

My custom Commander build that I did (better pic):

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Back