Official 1911 Pic Thread...

My SW1911 stainless Billboard "rescue":

SW1911018_zps742b829d.jpg

It was an adventure.

Last edited:
You guys are killing me!!! Where are you finding these?!?! Would appreciate if someone could drop me a line on a Colt or TRP

I look in the classified daily so let me clarify, where can I get a Colt or TRP without a $500 markup. I know we are in MA so I get paying a little over but I'm not willing to spend more than MSRP on a USED gun. I love the LW Operator thats listed now but those sell for under $1k new so the price is a little to high. The colt series 80 looks like it has a little to much wear for the price and I don't have the $2k+ for the Wilson listed or the G.C.

I look in the classified daily so let me clarify, where can I get a Colt or TRP without a $500 markup. I know we are in MA so I get paying a little over but I'm not willing to spend more than MSRP on a USED gun. I love the LW Operator thats listed now but those sell for under $1k new so the price is a little to high. The colt series 80 looks like it has a little to much wear for the price and I don't have the $2k+ for the Wilson listed or the G.C.

I would consider buying that Colt, and then call this guy. http://www.derrprecision.com/.

For a few hundred bucks more, you will own an absolute masterpiece. Search NES for some photo's of Greg Derr's work. WAIT! Go get a paper towel first! You are going to need it because his 1911's have been know to cause excessive and uncontrollable drooling! [grin].

Ditto, I would buy that Les Baer Concept right now but have my $$ earmarked for a Wilson Combat Tactical Elite in 10mm.....need to win the lottery or sell the Guncrafter that is buried on page 6 or 7.....so many nice guns so few $$

You are so full of shit! The nicest guns I have ever scene are the ones in your collection! [laugh] ( and 50BMG's Colt)

Went from stock (seen in first pic) to my version of a R1 Enhanced.

Work done by me:
30 LPI Hand Checkering of front Strap
Blend Ed Brown Mainspring Housing Flat with Drop-In Maxi-Well Checkered 25 LPI
Fit and Blend Wilson Combat High-Ride Beavertail Grip (298B) – Fit/blended by me
Fit and Blend Wilson Combat Wide Extended Thumb Safety
Install NightHawk Plunger Tube
Polish Smith and Wesson Hammer - $10
Fit/Blend Wilson Combat Extended Slide Stop 1911 - $32
Fit and Install Kensight Competition Front Sight 1911 Novak Cut Contoured Base .180" Height .118" Width Steel Black Serrated Blade with Fiber Optic -
Wilson Combat Bullet Proof Recoil Spring Plug
Fit/Polish NightHawk Custom Match Aluminum trigger - $25
Wilson Combat Factory Plus Hammer Strut + Pin - $5
Trigger Job
Polished Internals

Work done by Greg Derr (Gunsmith)
Crown Barrel
Machine dovetail into slide and fit Kensight Adjustable Defensive Rear Sight 1911 Novak LoMount Cut Steel Black Fully Serrated Blade
Bead blast to remove tooling marks from all the work I did
Apply Aluminum Cerakote

LOL......then I guess you will never get one as harder to find TRP's will never sell for under MSRP here unless you get extremely lucky. I paid $1700 for a used one myself after looking for years.

Thanks Al... It's the poor man's version of a quality built gun...

I am with Al on this. That is a fine looking firearm.

I have an R1 and am very happy with it. Would you mind me asking what you have into it in total? If I send you mine and $100 bucks will you send it back looking like yours? [smile]

I am with Al on this. That is a fine looking firearm.

I have an R1 and am very happy with it. Would you mind me asking what you have into it in total? If I send you mine and $100 bucks will you send it back looking like yours? [smile]

:) $446 on top of the gun cost for the parts. Greg's work was around $300 and my labor is $0 for me. With the price of the gun (I paid $550) the total is ~$1300.

Last edited:
That is one hell of a first attempt. Real nice looking gun, Why did you choose ,40?

Thanks. I chose .40 because it makes major power factor in USPSA while saving a few pennies per round over the typical .45 gamer loads. And I don't have to use a barney mag. I'm loading 180 grain bullets to 1.185" in Wilson 10mm mags.

Back
Top Bottom