NY bill to limit ammo sales to 2x mag size every 90 days

They might want to fast track this one if they want Cuomo to sign it before his trial starts.
I swear if / when that a_hole does time i'm going to send him weekly range reports with lots of AR and AK pics.
Maybe some soap on a rope.

I have a feeling at least a handful of sheriffs in NY will be giving this law a giant middle finger.

I wish the number of gun owners was large enough to make a dent in the state revenue. It'd be awesome if they all moved at around the same time. The people I really feel bad for are the people who live upstate and own tons of land and can't shoot on it as often as they want cuz they can only shoot one round a week.

This.

http://www.constitution.org/mil/tn/batathen.htm

Really easy to address this if it indeed becomes law (no chance in hell but....). Simply pack up (including dealers) and get the f(ck outta that shithole state.

Here we go with this again. Is that the go-to reply to all firearm related lunacy? Just get the eff out? Not to sound like a broken record, but why not, since the "Just move" crap is also just that.
Some people can't move from the sh*t state they live in, just like MA, just like yours truly. And even those who can? This cancer just keeps spreading. Okay, so now let's see: avoid NY. And MA. And CT. And NJ. And CA. And DC. And IL. And HI. And....What's next??

Amazing that everyone says "This Immigration Problem is killing this COUNTRY! Vote Trump! Throw the illegal aliens out!". Yet when everyone says "This gun control problem is killing this STATE!" etc, the solution then becomes "WE should get out! Just move from that sh*t state" etc etc
Just run away to the next state (before it too becomes wingnut world).

Just move (again?) and hope that wherever you move to doesn't go wingnut also - and you have to pack everything up (again?).

Here we go with this again. Is that the go-to reply to all firearm related lunacy? Just get the eff out? Not to sound like a broken record, but why not, since the "Just move" crap is also just that.
Some people can't move from the sh*t state they live in, just like MA, just like yours truly. And even those who can? This cancer just keeps spreading. Okay, so now let's see: avoid NY. And MA. And CT. And NJ. And CA. And DC. And IL. And HI. And....What's next??

Amazing that everyone says "This Immigration Problem is killing this COUNTRY! Vote Trump! Throw the illegal aliens out!". Yet when everyone says "This gun control problem is killing this STATE!" etc, the solution then becomes "WE should get out! Just move from that sh*t state" etc etc

Just move (again?) and hope that wherever you move to doesn't go wingnut also - and you have to pack everything up (again?).

BOOM. drops the mic and walks off the stage ....+1

People will just buy in large quantities from out of state, keep some for themselves and distribute the rest locally at a small profit to offset their travel costs. If they tried to pass it nationally, it would just create a prohibition style network of small basement manufacturers/reloaders and distributors that they could never squash. The ammo they produced would not be used for target practice. It would be used for insurrection.

But I don't remember prices spiking just that you were limited when and how much you could buy!
I remember one of my friends in college wired a potentiometer in series with his gas gauge so he could "dial it down" to any level of emptiness, since the local stations were refusing service to anyone whose needle was above half full. I also remember driving a couple miles away from campus to get the $.80 price.

Update:

There will be an exception...

If you fire 10 rounds in self defense, you will be issued a permit to purchase 10 more.

You'll just have to wait for the paperwork to go through.

Hopefully in the meantime your attackers "associates" won't come by again to kill you for revenge.

I've been saying the same thing about moving out because if other states see what new asinine anti-gun law is working without anyone contesting it, then other states will eventually do the same thing. What happens when "we run out of the 57 states" that we have to move to?

they should require the spent shells from the previous 90 days to be handed over at purchase time. IIRC the Soviet Union used to do that in remote rural areas where people had a need to shoot the occasional threatening animal. You want 7 more? Bring back the previous 7 shells.

New York will also slap a ten dollar per shell deposit on your empties too. [rolleyes]

Seriously though, I wouldn't be surprised if this is intended to be a defacto ammo ban because most handgun ammo is sold in 50 round boxes.
If you're not allowed to buy 50 rounds, so now what ?
Is the gun shop supposed to sell cartridges as "loosies" ?
Even if it comes to that, I'm sure there's some other legal requirement that new ammo be sold in it's original manufacturer packaging.
It'll likely cause the manufactures to package it in smaller boxes.

Wife: "Herb, where are you going ?"

Herb: "Down to the gun shop to pick up a 12 pack"

Last edited:
New York will also slap a ten dollar per shell deposit on your empties too. [rolleyes]

Seriously though, I wouldn't be surprised if this is intended to be a defacto ammo ban because most handgun ammo is sold in 50 round boxes.
If you're not allowed to buy 50 rounds, so now what ?
Is the gun shop supposed to sell cartridges as "loosies" ?
Even if it comes to that, I'm sure there's some other legal requirement that new ammo be sold in it's original manufacturer packaging.
It'll likely cause the manufactures to package it in smaller boxes.

Wife: "Herb, where are you going ?"

Herb: "Down to the gun shop to pick up a 12 pack"

Something tells me they'll be packing those twelve rounds in shallow ziplock bags. The kinds you'd fill with cheese-its for your kid's school lunch. [lol]

Something tells me they'll be packing those twelve rounds in shallow ziplock bags. The kinds you'd fill with cheese-its for your kid's school lunch. [lol]

There was at least one shop near me that was selling .22 in bags during the height of the last panic. They were splitting bulk packs.

If this bill passes, NYers should consider it an act of war and respond accordingly to the parties responsible for its passage.

Each new baby step is mentally conditioning us to accept the inevitable that the antis are reaching for.

If this bill passes, NYers should consider it an act of war and respond accordingly to the parties responsible for its passage.

Each new baby step is mentally conditioning us to accept the inevitable that the antis are reaching for.

Hey, the revolution needs to start somewhere...why not in the progressive infested cesspool of the tyrannous state of NY?

Gun stores will sell a lot more clothing.....

" Buy a Bob's gun store T shirt at the regular price of $499 and receive 1000 rounds of 62 grain- Federal 556 ABSOLUTELY FREE !! "

Bite me New York

Gun stores will sell a lot more clothing.....

" Buy a Bob's gun store T shirt at the regular price of $499 and receive 1000 rounds of 62 grain- Federal 556 ABSOLUTELY FREE !! "

Bite me New York

I would love to see stuff like this on flyers and emails. Even more, I'd love to see someone reading the above ad and exclaiming "Hot dog! $499 for a t-shirt and a free box of ammo! It doesn't get better'n this, kids!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been saying the same thing about moving out because if other states see what new asinine anti-gun law is working without anyone contesting it, then other states will eventually do the same thing. What happens when "we run out of the 57 states" that we have to move to?
It's actually not even as many as we think, either (possible "move to" States) cuz there are several where there is literally NOTHING else to look forward to any given day/week/month other than the ham and bean supper at the Church or the Friday night high school football games etc. A lot of people take where we live for granted, but there are some states that make Massachusetts look like a bustling metropolis, compared to cow tipping while cousin Merle plays a brutal rendition of the intro to "Sweet Home..." on the ol' banjo

All I can hope is this in obnoxious your face over reach crap turns public opinion even more against the the ban happy crowd and maybe persuades the USSC that their cracked door for "reasonable regulation" in Heller needs to be rectified to be "shall not be infringed like it says dumbasses!"

If abortions, gay marriage, Narcan, or other liberal sacred cows were limited to X every 90 days the courts would be racing to swiftly kick legislators/regulatory authorities in the pants.

It's actually not even as many as we think, either (possible "move to" States) cuz there are several where there is literally NOTHING else to look forward to any given day/week/month other than the ham and bean supper at the Church or the Friday night high school football games etc. A lot of people take where we live for granted, but there are some states that make Massachusetts look like a bustling metropolis, compared to cow tipping while cousin Merle plays a brutal rendition of the intro to "Sweet Home..." on the ol' banjo

The whole "move" thing is over-rated.

Ever hear the phrase " you can run but you'll just die tired...." ??

Past a certain point that's what you're dealing with.

IMHO there's a lot of gun owners who have their heads up their asses on this stuff. They talk and talk and talk about the "founding fathers" - and the "revolution" and the "men who fought to start this country" - and all that - but when it comes right down to it they get all pissed off when the government tells them they can't do something.

The people who started this country took British government officials out into the street - lathered them up with HOT tar - and then thru feathers all over them and them paraded them around threw rotten vegetables and shit at them. Ever get hot tar on your skin? That shit is nasty. Doing that was no joke.

When the British told them they could not have weapons - they setup their own armories, accumulated ammunition and powder and learned how to make the stuff themselves.

If a revolution is coming - well then you don't need a 50 gun collection. You need one maybe two guns that you know how to use. You need some spare parts. Whether the thing is registered or not is not going to make a ****-all of difference when the balloon goes up.

What's the government going to do - if instead of accumulatling massive gun collections - if the gun industry comes out with a cartridge that can have the case 3D printed out of plastic, comes out with a machine that will produce FMJ bullets easily - and everybody starts buying 80% lowers, milling machines, 3D printers, lathes, reloading machines, and bullet making machines - and then tells the government to go off and **** themselves?

Maybe instead of bitching about it you should sit down and ask yourself REALLY how serious you are - and what you're going to do about it.................

Just sayin.........................

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom