NY bill to limit ammo sales to 2x mag size every 90 days

This is also a case of "getting SOMETHING done by proposing ludicrous laws". From the article:

"While the practicality of limiting small-capacity gun owners to a less than a box of bullets is unexplored, those familiar with the legislation say the lawmakers look upon the language as a starting point in negotiations."
Direct from the Progressive Playbook: Take $20 from someone. If they complain offer them $5 back and call it compromise.

"The Senate and Assembly bills were drafted in an effort to keep potential terrorists from stocking up on ammo, according to sponsors state Sen. Roxanne Persaud and Assemblymember Jo Anne Simon. The twin bills are backed by Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams, who worked with Persaud and Simon to craft them."

OMG! Stupidity knows no bounds! Those 3 idiots are in our govt and have no clue. Our country is being run by idiots!

The terrorists will never go around such a dumb law and drive out of state to stock up - they would never think of that!

They realize that what they really want is to boil the frog alive. They can't just pass a law saying "confiscate all firearms and ammo", which is really what they want, so instead it's death by 1000 cuts (or the frog metaphor, whichever you prefer).

This is why I think "Go Time" will never come. Each new decree is just a little baby step thats not a whole lot different from the way it was before. Residents of NY just head over the border to buy ammo, just learn to reload, etc. They'll reach their goal of civilian disarmament, they'll just do it in a thousand baby steps over a generation or two rather than in one dramatic sweep.

Think of how different gun ownership was for your grandfather back in the day compared to how it is now. This book is a good record of it.

http://www.amazon.com/Unintended-Consequences-John-Ross/dp/1888118040

They are banking on the fact that it can take years to get to SCOTUS and less than 1% of cases that get presented to SCOTUS are heard.
Since they believe they can't ban everything but single shot muzzle loaders, they are creating a virtual ban on ammunition.
What they really are doing is ensuring that nobody in NY that doesn't live near another state border won't have enough ammo to properly train. I guess they want citizen to shoot as poorly as NYPD.

It's a huge problem. SCOTUS doesn't want to touch another gun case, they're avoiding them like the plague.

Ideally SCOTUS would have been created with the power to strike down a law based on previous rulings without a case at all. Instead, they typically lick legislature boots instead. Obamacare tax, not a tax anyone?

It's a huge problem. SCOTUS doesn't want to touch another gun case, they're avoiding them like the plague.

Ideally SCOTUS would have been created with the power to strike down a law based on previous rulings without a case at all. Instead, they typically lick legislature boots instead. Obamacare tax, not a tax anyone?

Obama care ruled as not a tax is the evidence that the Chief Justice was 'gotten to', had his wife or children threatened, or was going to be exposed for some publicly embarrassing behavior. My understanding is that Scalia had a hissy fit when he found out that justice Roberts was flipping his decision.

And this is why the nsa monitoring and recording EVERYTHING is bad. Because me, I'm a small fry. But they are really after guys like justice Roberts. That's what it is really valuable for.

As my grandfather said "good can defeat evil. But good has to be really really good!" That's more true today than when he died 30 years ago.

as to the op: I apparently have a 90 year supply. So I guess I can quit buying.

Last edited:
If they wish to go full retard, let me help them with an idea... In order to buy the next 90 days handful of ammo, they should require the spent shells from the previous 90 days to be handed over at purchase time. IIRC the Soviet Union used to do that in remote rural areas where people had a need to shoot the occasional threatening animal. You want 7 more? Bring back the previous 7 shells.

Go ahead.... Do it... Do it! NY is a lost cause... Make it implode faster!

Sent via Tapatalk on my Android phone. Good news; Tapatalk sucks less than it used to.

The Brooklyn Eagle is reporting that legislation is being introduced in NY to limit the amount of ammo you can buy to 2x the capacity of a gun you have registered every 90 days.. So if you own one AR15 you could buy 20 rounds every 90 days. A revolver would limit you to 12 rounds every 90 days.

http://www.brooklyneagle.com/articl...rs-seek-tightly-restrict-sales-ammo-statewide

This right here is the whole reason I went off on a rant the other day. It's utter nonsense. The thing that will really p*ss off the average person is that they will exempt law enforcement in the end, so a cop can have 300,000 rounds in his basement. The only thing this will do is to create a state full of lousy shots or an incredible black market. It's insane that we have to fight a fight like this in the first place. Could you imagine someone passing a law saying, you are only allowed to post 3 pictures to Facebook a day, or every day from 3-6PM the police can randomly search anyones house even if they are not home?

2 mags every 90 days isn't even suitable practice.

They couldn't enforce a registration, but with purchases based on registered your unregistered are now useless.

I predict a sharp rise in mark-7 autodrive sales.

New business model. The reloading parlor. Dilon 1050s lined up and ready to go with autodrive. They sell components or bring your own, and rent you time on the reloader. They have experts on staff to answer questions and maintain the equipment. Secondary revenue streams, Keno, refreshments, and I F'd NY T shirts. Might work in other states. Who wants in?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I'm assuming this would drive gun sales up a lot, right? If your limit is basically tied to the quantity of firearms you have registered, this would presumably encourage people to buy tons Hi-Points and stuff to increase their allowed purchase power. So it would just result in more "guns on the streets."

I'm assuming this would drive gun sales up a lot, right? If your limit is basically tied to the quantity of firearms you have registered, this would presumably encourage people to buy tons Hi-Points and stuff to increase their allowed purchase power. So it would just result in more "guns on the streets."

Something tells me that will come up and the solution wi be one gun a year.

Seriously though - if people put up with crap like this then it's another sign this country is truly done-for.

This is Bloomberg's doing. They know they can't take the Second Amendment so they're trying to make gun ownership as difficult and unrewarding as possible. Death by a thousand cuts.

Obama care ruled as not a tax is the evidence that the Chief Justice was 'gotten to', had his wife or children threatened, or was going to be exposed for some publicly embarrassing behavior. My understanding is that Scalia had a hissy fit when he found out that justice Roberts was flipping his decision.

And this is why the nsa monitoring and recording EVERYTHING is bad. Because me, I'm a small fry. But they are really after guys like justice Roberts. That's what it is really valuable for.

As my grandfather said "good can defeat evil. But good has to be really really good!" That's more true today than when he died 30 years ago.

as to the op: I apparently have a 90 year supply. So I guess I can quit buying.
wordis Roberts adopted kids illegally.

Using Public Safety to restrict, and put shops out of business, in turn no more legal gun sales. The black market will grow, and every firearm will be illegal in the state. There end goal!

Using Public Safety to restrict, and put shops out of business, in turn no more legal gun sales. The black market will grow, and every firearm will be illegal in the state. There end goal!

In turn, formerly law abiding citizens will become felons. It will be backed by the police, sheriff's, and correctional workers unions. The prison industrial complex will flourish, and more funding will be speedily passed through the state legislature to help deal with the scofflaws. There will be some high profile arrests of citizens and their "arsenals" and "thousands of rounds of ammunition", the media will droolingly cover the stories, plastering images of "scary assault weapons" in a nice, artful, table top shot. Officials will pose behind said weapons, while issuing press releases on how the town's residents can now sleep safely, knowing they did their job.

I have a feeling at least a handful of sheriffs in NY will be giving this law a giant middle finger.

I wish the number of gun owners was large enough to make a dent in the state revenue. It'd be awesome if they all moved at around the same time. The people I really feel bad for are the people who live upstate and own tons of land and can't shoot on it as often as they want cuz they can only shoot one round a week.

This is also a case of "getting SOMETHING done by proposing ludicrous laws". From the article:

"While the practicality of limiting small-capacity gun owners to a less than a box of bullets is unexplored, those familiar with the legislation say the lawmakers look upon the language as a starting point in negotiations."

Great. I counter with the state provides a case of ammo on the first and third Mondays of each month to each gun owner in the appropriate caliber for each firearm they own. The cost can come out of the state worker's pension fund.

Maybe but what is more likely is that they would just have so many regulations that gun shops wouldn't want to do business in NY. They would ship ammo in for LEO only.

If they did that then there would still be a large need for shops in NY to buy ammo, if they were trying to push out dealers from the state, they would not want to make the shops in the state have less outside compitition,

basically that would force the slales of ammo to the in state dealers only, and im sure they could make money being exlusive, the but then again when has logic actualy been used in the law making prosess

It would be great if it did but sadly it seems that as long as they can keep their double barrel shotguns and their bolt action rifles they're fine with all other gun control. Of course if that's all that's left it wouldn't be long before the shotguns are classified as assault weapons that fire multiple rounds at once and the bolt actions as sniper rifles that can kill a mile away etc.

This one might even wake up the FUDDs.

Back
Top Bottom