NY bill to limit ammo sales to 2x mag size every 90 days

I hear that NY lost over 100,000 residents so odds are the government will move in refugees at tax payers expense.

I am sure that the govt will exempt themselves from this latest dose of stupidity.

But how will this reduce crime? Why does all of these dumbass antis think that gangsters get thaw it guns and ammo from local gun shops?

This will only increase crime as it is aimed at disarming the law-abiding as always.

I am sure that the govt will exempt themselves from this latest dose of stupidity.

But how will this reduce crime? Why does all of these dumbass antis think that gangsters get thaw it guns and ammo from local gun shops?

This will only increase crime as it is aimed at disarming the law-abiding as always.

It has nothing to do with gangsters or decreasing crime . It will only hamper the law abiding. Government shitbags know this. For all their talk about hunting, they also know exactly why the second amendment was written into the Bill of Rights. They know they cant just wake up one morning and repeal it, so they're doing it one itty-bitty bit at a time over the course of generations rather than months or years.

Any single action is nowhere near egregious enough to get people to pick up a rifle and head out into the street. Add them together over the course of a few generations, and we're leaps and bounds from where we were. In the big scheme of things, it wasnt really that long ago where guys brought back machine guns from Europe and shot them for fun out on the farm without asking for permission from anyone, kids walked to school with their .22 rifles, dads ordered shotguns from the Sears catalog and the mailman dropped them off at the house, etc.

I wonder if this will coincide with Obamama's new years gun EO, whatever it is going to be!! It's long past the time to put this .gov back in the bottle and it will be very messy once the ball starts rolling! Better late than never.

the authors of this bill would shit their pants if they ever found out about bullet casting and reloading

It's not that simple. NY and CT surely have many "criminals" that failed to comply with the last round of BS gun laws. To me, they are patriots. Saying they need to crack down on criminals ignores these people.

Depends on your definition of 'criminal'

Mine?

You shoot people because you have a firearm=criminal
You defy the establishment whore progressives and their unconstitutional 'laws'=patriot

Obama care ruled as not a tax is the evidence that the Chief Justice was 'gotten to', had his wife or children threatened, or was going to be exposed for some publicly embarrassing behavior. My understanding is that Scalia had a hissy fit when he found out that justice Roberts was flipping his decision.

And this is why the nsa monitoring and recording EVERYTHING is bad. Because me, I'm a small fry. But they are really after guys like justice Roberts. That's what it is really valuable for.

As my grandfather said "good can defeat evil. But good has to be really really good!" That's more true today than when he died 30 years ago.

as to the op: I apparently have a 90 year supply. So I guess I can quit buying.

I seriously wouldn't rule this out. More broadly, I think the government is extremely open to this sort of manipulation and threats from entrenched lifers and security institutions against elected / appointed officials. Even if explicit threats are lacking (which I doubt), the general understanding is there: they know everything about you and will use the against you if their turf is threatened. You can be a congressman, justice or even president, but that threat never goes away when the unelected institutions spy on everyone. More than anything this is how democracy dies.

Here we go with this again. Is that the go-to reply to all firearm related lunacy? Just get the eff out? Not to sound like a broken record, but why not, since the "Just move" crap is also just that.
Some people can't move from the sh*t state they live in, just like MA, just like yours truly. And even those who can? This cancer just keeps spreading. Okay, so now let's see: avoid NY. And MA. And CT. And NJ. And CA. And DC. And IL. And HI. And....What's next??

Amazing that everyone says "This Immigration Problem is killing this COUNTRY! Vote Trump! Throw the illegal aliens out!". Yet when everyone says "This gun control problem is killing this STATE!" etc, the solution then becomes "WE should get out! Just move from that sh*t state" etc etc
Just run away to the next state (before it too becomes wingnut world).

Just move (again?) and hope that wherever you move to doesn't go wingnut also - and you have to pack everything up (again?).

Partly agree, but also note that we are talking about a handful of very anti-gun states. The vast majority of U.S. states and landmass have been pushing for more gun freedom, carry rights, etc., in recent years. The gun grabbers have only been successful in a few states (MA, NY, CA, CO, CT, NJ, HI, IL, RI -- that's about it). Moving is a real option and there is no sense in which one state after another is falling to asinine gun control. NY and CA in particular are ****ing terrible, but since when is that news? Those two states make Mass seem almost reasonable by comparison, and are ruled by the most crazy elements the dems have to offer. That won't change.

Last edited:
I have a feeling at least a handful of sheriffs in NY will be giving this law a giant middle finger.

I wish the number of gun owners was large enough to make a dent in the state revenue. It'd be awesome if they all moved at around the same time. The people I really feel bad for are the people who live upstate and own tons of land and can't shoot on it as often as they want cuz they can only shoot one round a week.

Even someone that owns their own home (paid off, mortgage free) is unlikely to be in a position to purchase another home in a different state and move their, without selling their home back in NY.

If they DON'T sell it, they'll continue to pay taxes on it.

If they DO sell it, the buyer is likely to be a sheep (which NY would see as a win-win) and THEY will pay taxes on it.

The only way the state loses is if you move out of state and destroy the market value of the property by bulldozing the house and leaving a dirt lot there. And then they will probably find a way to value the property at quadruple free market prices for tax purposes.

The only way to defeat these a-holes is by leveraging the system (passing laws/winning lawsuits that prevent or make futile these attempts) or through civil war, which nobody really wants, despite the pep rally posturing sometimes seen here and other places.

Yeah, but I would look at it as at least theyre not getting my money anymore. Its like heading up to NH to shop. Depending on where you are, taking into account gas and travel time, miles added on the car, etc, youre not really saving much but at least youre not feeding the beast.

Yeah, but I would look at it as at least theyre not getting my money anymore. Its like heading up to NH to shop. Depending on where you are, taking into account gas and travel time, miles added on the car, etc, youre not really saving much but at least youre not feeding the beast.

It's my ambition to deprive the state of Mass of the pleasure of my residence [laugh]

Mrs. Pipes wants Florida, I want New Hampshire...

This is why I think "Go Time" will never come. Each new decree is just a little baby step thats not a whole lot different from the way it was before. Residents of NY just head over the border to buy ammo, just learn to reload, etc. They'll reach their goal of civilian disarmament, they'll just do it in a thousand baby steps over a generation or two rather than in one dramatic sweep.

Think of how different gun ownership was for your grandfather back in the day compared to how it is now. This book is a good record of it.

http://www.amazon.com/Unintended-Consequences-John-Ross/dp/1888118040

I see it happening that way , it'll take a few generations for it to fully happen.

- - - Updated - - -

It's my ambition to deprive the state of Mass of the pleasure of my residence [laugh]

Mrs. Pipes wants Florida, I want New Hampshire...

NH is slowly becoming Ma. NORTH , every year the legislature gets more leftard and they go after the freedoms .

NH is slowly becoming Ma. NORTH , every year the legislature gets more leftard and they go after the freedoms .

I know. I've been watching it for years. However, bottom line is I'll only be directly affected by the next 10, *maybe* 20 years. By then, either I won't know my own name or I'll be dead.

NH will take longer than that to be ruined.

I know. I've been watching it for years. However, bottom line is I'll only be directly affected by the next 10, *maybe* 20 years. By then, either I won't know my own name or I'll be dead.

Yep! I'm in the same boat. Unfortunately I think you're spot on

5 yrs for me , 10 tops , I can't get the hell out of this part of the country soon enough.

Yes,just like with alcohol, fireworks etc. but for this the consequences would be harsher. Also the govt. loves to create criminals because it helps them to grow ever larger. They would probably create a task force specifically for this.

- - - Updated - - -

They would probably put up check points at the border.
MA state police used to put troopers in unmarked cars in NH state liquor store parking lots and call in MA plays of people buying a lot of booze then busy them for illegal transport of alcohol and tax evasion as the crossed the border.
Maine did the same thing.
So look for NY to waste taxpayer money doing this for ammo.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

MA state police used to put troopers in unmarked cars in NH state liquor store parking lots and call in MA plays of people buying a lot of booze then busy them for illegal transport of alcohol and tax evasion as the crossed the border.
Maine did the same thing.
So look for NY to waste taxpayer money doing this for ammo.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I wish MA still did that... I live near a border ammo store and would like to spend time amusing myself by entering the fireworks store, exiting with an empty bag, then driving into Massachusetts.

The only way to defeat these a-holes is by leveraging the system (passing laws/winning lawsuits that prevent or make futile these attempts) or through civil war, which nobody really wants, despite the pep rally posturing sometimes seen here and other places.

You're referring to the maybe thousands of members and casual readers of NES who rant, scream, shout "Civil War" and "Go time" blah blah blah but spend their day watching TV, surfing the net, ranting, ripping the .gov and ripping other members/readers blah blah, ripping the AG, The EOPS, The Nazi Police Chiefs, etc etc... Yet don't even bother to attend any event, meeting, rally, organized effort, etc etc etc... And just log in here ranting (again) "Go time! Go Time!", then spend the next three hours trolling posts of other members so they can further rip them, rank on them, challenge them to a Penis Measurement Contest, etc??

"Go time" and "Civil War" my ass. If it hasn't happened during and after seven years of a filthy Anti-American. Muslim-sympathizing scumbag eviscerating the bill of rights, rushing to demonize law abiding AMERICANS while making the country an open-border laughing stock worldwide? If it hasn't happened in the CommonPuke of LiberChusetts after yet another day/week/month /year of liberal moonbattey, Americans (especially the youth) being "advised" not to "offend" anyone, anywhere, anytime lest you be considered "mean" or "hateful" etc etc etc??
I could go on, but, to quickly summarize, "Civil War" and "Go Time" and (etc etc etc) similar sayings are the biggest bit of bullsh*t currently floating atop the toilet water nationwide.... Everyone talks a great game. Then they log on and "Tell the president" and everyone else in power that he's/they're a (insert expletives, etc), tell him/them to "go eat a big old___" .... And then they kick back and watch the NFL Patriots.. or they go shooting with other "well-hung" Patriots.

"Go time"??
[emoji28] [emoji28] [emoji28] [emoji28] [emoji28]

And New Hampshire didn't tolerate that for long, The tactic ended when Governor Mel sent our state troopers to arrest the MA tax agents for "loitering".

Sure it is, keep telling yourself that New Hampshire is going downhill year-over-year.
  • 2003 - HB415 passes, statewide firearms law preemption
  • 2004 - HB 1309 Shooting range protection amendment to RSA 158-B
  • 2010 - Knife law preemption.
  • 2011 - SB88 Expands Castle Doctrine (Veto Override)
  • 2012 - HB1551 - Landowner Liability protection bill.
  • 2013 - Court case NH v Dor (Definition of "loaded")
  • 2015 - Residents of 25 states can now carry in New Hampshire under reciprocity (and vice-versa).
Clearly firearms freedom in NH is circling the drain.

Last edited:
You're referring to the maybe thousands of members and casual readers of NES who rant, scream, shout "Civil War" and "Go time" blah blah blah but spend their day watching TV, surfing the net, ranting, ripping the .gov and ripping other members/readers blah blah, ripping the AG, The EOPS, The Nazi Police Chiefs, etc etc... Yet don't even bother to attend any event, meeting, rally, organized effort, etc etc etc... And just log in here ranting (again) "Go time! Go Time!", then spend the next three hours trolling posts of other members so they can further rip them, rank on them, challenge them to a Penis Measurement Contest, etc??

"Go time" and "Civil War" my ass. If it hasn't happened during and after seven years of a filthy Anti-American. Muslim-sympathizing scumbag eviscerating the bill of rights, rushing to demonize law abiding AMERICANS while making the country an open-border laughing stock worldwide? If it hasn't happened in the CommonPuke of LiberChusetts after yet another day/week/month /year of liberal moonbattey, Americans (especially the youth) being "advised" not to "offend" anyone, anywhere, anytime lest you be considered "mean" or "hateful" etc etc etc??
I could go on, but, to quickly summarize, "Civil War" and "Go Time" and (etc etc etc) similar sayings are the biggest bit of bullsh*t currently floating atop the toilet water nationwide.... Everyone talks a great game. Then they log on and "Tell the president" and everyone else in power that he's/they're a (insert expletives, etc), tell him/them to "go eat a big old___" .... And then they kick back and watch the NFL Patriots.. or they go shooting with other "well-hung" Patriots.

"Go time"??
[emoji28] [emoji28] [emoji28] [emoji28] [emoji28]

In all fairness, I won that measuring contest fair and square.

That aside, yes, the vast majority of seemingly unrestful talk is just talk, people blowing off steam. The remainder is not a large enough percentage of the population to make a difference. The culling was successful, decades ago.

Back
Top Bottom