• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NSFW- This (dead) robber took his job a little too casually

There are a lot of bad people out there with evil intentions just looking for an opportunity to carry them out. When someone does what this guy did you have no idea what he is capable of in the end. People who armchair quarterback the victim are simply fools and can't grasp the fear that victims face in these situations. Why should victims be expected to be victims so evil can live another day? The government needs to get out of the way and stop blaming the victim.

Fair nuff', & I agree. I don't care to see a cop (or anyone) continue to shoot a suspect when he/she appears to be out of the fight. But overall, I would hope/demand cops to be more responsible /prepared than a less experienced civilian. In this case, i don't fault the civilian for continuing to shoot /emptying their mag in an adrenaline rush. I guess what I'm saying is that a civilian shouldn't be judged more harshly than LEO.

6045169177_5413fb81b3.jpg

cops are civilians.

I got at least 9 shots.

I love how he ran tip-toe out of the store.

Good shoot. NES approved.

He emptied his mag, looks like a clean shooting to me, good outcome

I counted 15, whole standard capacity mag.

I had to blow the video up to wide screen and slow it down to see how many times the clerk fired. Yep - he emptied the magazine, and if it had been a 30 round stick I bet he would have emptied that as well. Good shoot.
It looked like the clerk drew as soon as he saw the perps gun. Luck was on his side that the perp was dumb as f*** and decided to take his eyes off of the clerk and wander away from the counter. He gave the clerk the perfect opening.
Shooter was a lefty, and that worked to his advantage. He had the angle. First shot was on target and perp went down fast. Adrenaline must have been raging, because it looks like the next couple of shot were way off and likely went into the wall to the left. Then the clerk took a step to get a sight picture, cleared the printer on the counter, and got multiple solid hits.
Clerk did a helluva good job recognizing the opportunity the criminal presented, drawing quickly and getting shots on target in the blink of an eye. Don't know what he was shooting but follow up shots were fast and accurate.
My only criticism of the clerk was socks with flip flops. Kinda ghey.

Wondering why rob a cell phone store? Can't be a whole lotta cash there, right? Maybe a couple of hundred bucks?

I had to blow the video up to wide screen and slow it down to see how many times the clerk fired. Yep - he emptied the magazine, and if it had been a 30 round stick I bet he would have emptied that as well. Good shoot.
It looked like the clerk drew as soon as he saw the perps gun. Luck was on his side that the perp was dumb as f*** and decided to take his eyes off of the clerk and wander away from the counter. He gave the clerk the perfect opening.
Shooter was a lefty, and that worked to his advantage. He had the angle. First shot was on target and perp went down fast. Adrenaline must have been raging, because it looks like the next couple of shot were way off and likely went into the wall to the left. Then the clerk took a step to get a sight picture, cleared the printer on the counter, and got multiple solid hits.
Clerk did a helluva good job recognizing the opportunity the criminal presented, drawing quickly and getting shots on target in the blink of an eye. Don't know what he was shooting but follow up shots were fast and accurate.
My only criticism of the clerk was socks with flip flops. Kinda ghey.

Wondering why rob a cell phone store? Can't be a whole lotta cash there, right? Maybe a couple of hundred bucks?

A lot of cash in those stores. While they do sell phones they mostly recharge burners for cash. The dumb part is they most certainly had a time lock safe. Dumb twat lost his life for what would have likely been a $300 score.

The same rules should apply, but that also means that rules that apply to citizens should also apply to cops. Sometimes that means emptying the entire magazine is reasonable. Sometimes the threat has been stopped before that happens, and continuing to shoot is not. I'm not so sure having to move around the counter in order to continue to shoot at a motionless body on the ground is entirely reasonable. Shooting until the body hits the ground certainly is though. Either way, I don't want to see the guy in trouble because he was forced into a bad situation through no fault of his own, and his adrenaline caused him to shoot a few times more than he should have. That's not fair. That's the dead guy's fault.

Shooting until the threat is gone is the goal. The person laying on the ground does not equal the person is not a threat, especially if the person is still within reach or holding a weapon.

Let us know how much you have your adrenaline under control when a person threatens your life with a weapon. Tell us how you checked to make sure they weren't a threat anymore and got subsequently shot.

You're in quasi anti/FUDD territory. Use your brain. Stop arm chair quarterbacking. Threaten someone with a firearm in your hand and you should expect to be dealt with until the threat is gone.

Let's frame it up this way... If I punched someone and they hit the floor in a pile, do I get to dribble their head off the ground a half a dozen times more? That goes for citizen or cop.

Either way, I hope he yelled stop resisting

Different set of circumstances. I'd argue that the implocations of the robber having a firearm allow for a life threatening moment if he just rolls over. Where if you put a guy out and get up and walk away hes no longer a threat without a weapon

Plus, not all rounds went into the young gentleman who was just about to turn his life around.

A few hit the display case.

Great shoot. One less criminal using up financial resources to take care of him in prison for the next 10-20 years.

Shooting until the threat is gone is the goal. The person laying on the ground does not equal the person is not a threat, especially if the person is still within reach or holding a weapon.

Let us know how much you have your adrenaline under control when a person threatens your life with a weapon. Tell us how you checked to make sure they weren't a threat anymore and got subsequently shot.

You're in quasi anti/FUDD territory. Use your brain. Stop arm chair quarterbacking. Threaten someone with a firearm in your hand and you should expect to be dealt with until the threat is gone.

Did you even read my post?

I’ll help and requote it for you.

“Either way, I don't want to see the guy in trouble because he was forced into a bad situation through no fault of his own, and his adrenaline caused him to shoot a few times more than he should have. That's not fair. That's the dead guy's fault.”

I literally said I don’t fault him. But feel free to continue arguing with the straw man.

Did you even read my post?

I’ll help and requote it for you.

“Either way, I don't want to see the guy in trouble because he was forced into a bad situation through no fault of his own, and his adrenaline caused him to shoot a few times more than he should have. That's not fair. That's the dead guy's fault.”

I literally said I don’t fault him. But feel free to continue arguing with the straw man.

Yes I saw it. It went in a big lame circle.

Was it a justified shooting or not? yes or no? No one cares about your opinion except the people looking to make legal acts like this illegal. "...it was a good shoot... but..." Nien. Stop.

This is an Internet forum where people post their opinions and you cared enough to respond. Now you’re all butthurt because you took it the wrong way. Waa waa.

there will never be a day i could ever be butt hurt from a person whose served in the airforce. it's physically impossible.

Different set of circumstances. I'd argue that the implocations of the robber having a firearm allow for a life threatening moment if he just rolls over. Where if you put a guy out and get up and walk away hes no longer a threat without a weapon

Cool. I guess I'm in the minority.

Let's frame it up this way... If I punched someone and they hit the floor in a pile, do I get to dribble their head off the ground a half a dozen times more? That goes for citizen or cop.

Either way, I hope he yelled stop resisting

Any time my wife and I watch a cop show like Live PD, as soon as a cop yells "stop resisting", you know someone is about to get the crap kicked out of them.

Any time my wife and I watch a cop show like Live PD, as soon as a cop yells "stop resisting", you know someone is about to get the crap kicked out of them.

I had a 6'3" 330 pound dude try to grab my gun out of its holster in a fight. I yelled something about not touching my gun, but in hindsight I should have emptied my magazine into him.

Back
Top Bottom