• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Autistic boy, 15, is shot dead by California cops after running towards them with a bladed gardening tool - Was on his way to being an engineer

Poor cops... that's gotta feel horrible. And since the poor kid was black I'm sure he's about to get raked over it too

Doesn't look like he did anything wrong shoot wise.

Maybe there is something to be said about having someone post up at the door but mmq on that.

Gotta love the titles that add tons of information that only hindsight can give. What did the cop have, 3 seconds to do a threat assessment?

Simple response.

DON'T respond to any domestic 911 calls.

Tell them to call back when everyone is dead.

{/SARCASM}

Inb4 libs crying Y DIDNT COP SHOOT THE BLACK IN THE LEG he'd still be able to be an engineer one day.

That's the nightmare scenario. I have these stickers on the entrances at home plus have seatbelt covers in the car saying basically the same thing.

Screenshot 2024-03-12 145207.jpg

Also, local PD knows about my kids and alarm monitoring company will also notify police dispatch if they call them.

Gotta love the titles that add tons of information that only hindsight can give. What did the cop have, 3 seconds to do a threat assessment?
That part is unknown... he was pretty relaxed but they could've been chilling in the driveway for a bit

That's the nightmare scenario. I have these stickers on the entrances at home plus have seatbelt covers in the car saying basically the same thing.

View attachment 860632

Also, local PD knows about my kids and alarm monitoring company will also notify police dispatch if they call them.
That's real smart too often you see this scenario play out.

Not cop bashing either it just happens a lot

Yeah, and not to inject race/gender into it too much but I'm a little more comfortable w/ having white daughters in this scenario.
I don't think race mattered in that particular case if you can live in sil valley you got money.

But on the whole yep... and even more that it's a girl

View attachment 860632

We have two boys on the autism spectrum. My oldest is 22 and kinda like Sheldon from Big Bang Theory while my youngest is 14 and nonverbal, a nearly 200 pound toddler.

The cops know them. We have gates, signs, Buckle Buddy safety clamps on the seatbelt buckles, and the youngest has a GPS tag. My wife and I are on the little guy constantly.

We worry about how the outside world perceives them more than anything else.

Dude charged a cop with a deadly weapon. The two scoops of autism is irrelevant. PSA - don’t charge people armed with deadly weapons with…..deadly weapons, or you’re gonna have a bad time.

Last edited:
Wasn't there some community which tried the idea of sending social workerss and abandoned it when the calls got too dangerous?

Wasn't there some community which tried the idea of sending social workerss and abandoned it when the calls got too dangerous?
My neighboring town of Amherst has such an organization...

Oh, come on. This kid ran at a police officer with a sharp weapon. There is no way he was going to be an engineer.
Just because he wanted to be an engineer or someone else had that fantasy, doesn't mean he was going to be one.
Beyond a certain level of autism, there isn't much you can be in life. No matter how many times someone says, "You can be all you want to be."

Beyond a certain level of autism, there isn't much you can be in life. No matter how many times someone says, "You can be all you want to be."
People that say that shit drive me up the wall. I have actually been asked what special talents or powers my kids have. None. What do you mean none? They all have special powers or talents you just haven't discovered it, there's nothing stopping them from success. Aren't you worried about having guns in the house? No, why? Aren't you worried your kids will be able to crack the combination to your safe? If my kids could count cards or crack codes I'd be living on private island somewhere. Doesn't mean I don't love them, I do, but I'm realistic about what life holds for them yet have heard insinuations that it's my attitude that's holding them back :rolleyes:.

The fact is that most people w/ autism (not the self-diagnosed stuff quirky people/celebs like to proclaim they have) suffer from some sort of cognitive delays on top of the sensory, communication & repetitive behavior issues they have. Only a tiny fraction of those with diagnosed autism are savants. Yes, it's a spectrum so if you want to argue that everyone falls on it, knock yourself out. I'm talking about clinically diagnosed autism and not the kind you get from from the pediatrician/school shrink or the kind that's attributed to the Elon Musk/Mark Zuckerberg types, or Thomas Jeffersons, etc.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom