• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NSFW- This (dead) robber took his job a little too casually

Store owner kept shooting the robber when he was down.

Is the robber in trouble?

Reminds me of when the pharmacist shot the robber coup de gras style.

EDIT:

I meant to say is the store owner in trouble.

Last edited:
Store owner was prepared, good stuff.

I suspect some DAs would make a stink about this one. He kept shooting when the guy was down.

Can't tell if the bad guy dropped his gun when he first go shot or if it was still with him when he was in the fetal position. Good guy could be in some trouble if the former.

That guy was down and out after 1 shot. Lol. If this guy had been a cop, I bet the comments here would be different.

Edit: It’s easy to armchair quarterback this, but in the end if the Ahole hadn’t done stupid sh!t he wouldn’t have won a stupid prize.

Last edited:
The first handful of shots are good. The second handful after he steps around the edge of the counter seem a tad excessive. I guess if the perp was already dead it probably doesn't much matter. I'd imagine he had a fair amount of adrenaline going though.

Cops would have emptied their mag, why shouldn't the same rules apply to citizens ???

The same rules should apply, but that also means that rules that apply to citizens should also apply to cops. Sometimes that means emptying the entire magazine is reasonable. Sometimes the threat has been stopped before that happens, and continuing to shoot is not. I'm not so sure having to move around the counter in order to continue to shoot at a motionless body on the ground is entirely reasonable. Shooting until the body hits the ground certainly is though. Either way, I don't want to see the guy in trouble because he was forced into a bad situation through no fault of his own, and his adrenaline caused him to shoot a few times more than he should have. That's not fair. That's the dead guy's fault.

The same rules should apply, but that also means that rules that apply to citizens should also apply to cops. Sometimes that means emptying the entire magazine is reasonable. Sometimes the threat has been stopped before that happens, and continuing to shoot is not. I'm not so sure having to move around the counter in order to continue to shoot at a motionless body on the ground is entirely reasonable. Shooting until the body hits the ground certainly is though. Either way, I don't want to see the guy in trouble because he was forced into a bad situation through no fault of his own, and his adrenaline caused him to shoot a few times more than he should have. That's not fair. That's the dead guy's fault.

Fair nuff', & I agree. I don't care to see a cop (or anyone) continue to shoot a suspect when he/she appears to be out of the fight. But overall, I would hope/demand cops to be more responsible /prepared than a less experienced civilian. In this case, i don't fault the civilian for continuing to shoot /emptying their mag in an adrenaline rush. I guess what I'm saying is that a civilian shouldn't be judged more harshly than LEO.

Cops would have emptied their mag, why shouldn't the same rules apply to citizens ???
I'm not banging against cops (in this instance), S/B legal shoot !!!
F' the bad guy.
No f***s given !!!
Like firefighters, cops are "heroes". Got that moniker after 09/11 and milked it for all it was worth ever since. Just look at LEOSA. The rest of us are considered to be untrained and unorganized civilian rabble. I rest my case!

Let's frame it up this way... If I punched someone and they hit the floor in a pile, do I get to dribble their head off the ground a half a dozen times more? That goes for citizen or cop.

Either way, I hope he yelled stop resisting

Ya, All this "shot him too many times" bullshit has to end.

If a criminal requires someone to pull their gun in self defense, I don't care if said criminal looks like a fvcking screen door in the aftermath.

Guy could still have been a threat over there on the floor if he still had the gun in his hand, as far as I'm concerned the victim could have thrown a grenade over there and I would have been fine with that...

-Mike

MetroPCS Employee Fatally Shoots Would-Be Robber, Philadelphia Police Say

Around 4:10 p.m. Monday, a man wearing a hoodie could be seen in surveillance video entering the store with a handgun. He tosses what the store owner says is a bag toward the sole employee, telling him to fill it with phones.
-snip-

Investigators say the store has been robbed at least two other times within the past year — such a common occurrence that police regularly visit the store.
“There is police logbook in there. Officers will typically go inside the store and meet with the employees there and sign the logbook,” Drissel said.

People don't think clearly under an adrenaline dump. Guy probably reached for his spare mag when he realized that he could stop shooting and change his pants.

What got thrown on the desk?
Bag to put the loot in. Was all nonchalant, obviously didn’t realize he was not the only one with the equalizer. But more importantly What kind of world do we live in were a young black male can’t boost a couple iPhones without the fear of being shot ? More institutionalized racism here. Also if the robber was white 2 or 3 rounds would’ve been fine. The magazine dump was clearly because he was black, proof of yet more racism here. Lock him up!

Last edited:
Store owner was prepared, good stuff.

I suspect some DAs would make a stink about this one. He kept shooting when the guy was down.

Can't tell if the bad guy dropped his gun when he first go shot or if it was still with him when he was in the fetal position. Good guy could be in some trouble if the former.

The DA already announced there will be no charges against the clerk.

Anybody saying the extra shots are extreme, leave your guns at home, stop playing with something that can hurt you. The armed robber still had control of the gun as far as the shooter could tell. He fired to empty and moved to safety. This is how it’s done. For all of you suggesting he should check for a pulse between shots basically, you should not carry.

It looks to me like the dindu retained his weapon after the first shot. Also look at the counter there is something blocking the cashiers line of sight on the counter.

Shot 1 dindu falls down out of sight with weapon. Cashier moves around thing blocking his view and unloads. The first thing he sees when he regains his view is the dindu’s leg moving like he’s gonna roll over possibly with guns blazing.

Cashier did society a favor....well done!

The first handful of shots are good. The second handful after he steps around the edge of the counter seem a tad excessive. I guess if the perp was already dead it probably doesn't much matter. I'd imagine he had a fair amount of adrenaline going though.

Just adding that ALL of the shots were made in the 5 seconds between 0:06 and 0.11 on the video timer. There is a slight, fractional of a second pause in between #1 or #2 and the remaining shots but All done in 5 seconds.

That is Not a lot of time to sit back, re-evaluate the threat and change your mind. At the point you draw and fire, i am sure that Adrenalin is making most of the decisions.

Back
Top Bottom