Now I understand Mosin Love

As a child of the 70's, growing up during the Cold War, I have a distaste for anything Soviet.
I think the only reason so many people like Mosins is that they were so inexpensive (and that's a good reason! ).
Take any/all of the main infantry rifles of the WW2 combatants, price them all exactly the same ( pick a price: $200, $500, $1000, whatever). Which one would you choose to purchase last?
Italian Carcano, then probably China's hodgepodge of 19th Century rifles. I don't know enough of the MAS-36 to comment.
This, haha.

I bought a Mosin back when they were less than $100, then I bought a few more (another 91/30, an M44, an M38, etc)

Never really thought they were particularly fun to shoot, and they weren't impressive for accuracy out of a bolt action.

I got rid of all of them and the ammo when prices started to creep into the mid-upper 200's

Peasant rifles.
Jap stuff. Then Soviet crap.

I like Mosins because when I hold and shoot mine I think of the poor kid who got dragged into fighting the Germans and may or may not have a great comprehension of what was going on. Either way, his life was changed forever. Impressed into fighting in the World's largest conflict. I also think of the guy hammering away in a factory to produce it to try to save the Motherland from invasion. I really don't think the people fighting and crafting these were deeply invested in debating Das Kapital so whether or not they were citizens of the Soviet Union, it's irrelevant to me.

And for what it's worth, I routinely hear the Arisaka had the strongest action of all WW2 bolt actions.

I wouldn't buy an antiquated, inaccurate and beat up commie block rifle for $300 if I can get a Savage 110 in 6.5 Kardashian for not even $580. But then, I like to hit shit at 200+. And if I want my shoulder to hurt, I just slam. It into a doorframe.

Am I the only one who gets Mosin Face? I've gone home with a sore face after an overly ambitious range trip.

Maybe your thumb is coming back and hitting you in the face? How do you hold when shooting?

Some of my corrosive milsurp Mosin chow was pretty hot and would beat my shoulder a bit. I only have the Finn and PU Sniper now, so I only shoot the old milsurp stuff in my VEPR which is more or less the same as a SVD and easy to clean like a man size AK.

I wouldn't buy an antiquated, inaccurate and beat up commie block rifle for $300 if I can get a Savage 110 in 6.5 Kardashian for not even $580. But then, I like to hit shit at 200+. And if I want my shoulder to hurt, I just slam. It into a doorframe.
Not everyone can appreciate history.

Shooting a mosin does not bother me at all. The stock may just fit you all wrong.

Likely the problem.

Maybe your thumb is coming back and hitting you in the face? How do you hold when shooting?

Some of my corrosive milsurp Mosin chow was pretty hot and would beat my shoulder a bit. I only have the Finn and PU Sniper now, so I only shoot the old milsurp stuff in my VEPR which is more or less the same as a SVD and easy to clean like a man size AK.

I don't think my thumb is doing it. It's possible it's the thumbs of communist ghosts who are so committed to hating on our capitalist ways that they'll sit in my safe for long stretches of time in anticipation of thumbing me in the face 20 times. Or poor cheek weld.

I really enjoy the moist nugget.

Dirt cheap ammo, bu bang, minute of bad guy accuraxy. What’s not to like.

Back
Top Bottom