Northshore Firearms Middleton, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was looking at the people that post in here and I often wonder how someone with 3-4 thousand posts in a few years can have any grasp on reality. With so many posts in so many categories it kinda makes you feel like the person is a know it all...

Your intelligence... or lack thereof, just leaked out with that statement. Keep YOUR post count low... it may help.

I was looking at the people that post in here and I often wonder how someone with 3-4 thousand posts in a few years can have any grasp on reality. With so many posts in so many categories it kinda makes you feel like the person is a know it all...

Thanks for sharing.... [rolleyes]

I myself would let him drive to Woburn, a customer like this when you bean count out the time spent is simply not worth it.

You're absolutely correct. His time was much better spent sitting in an empty gun shop surfing the internet. Lots more money to be made there.

[thinking]

I've always had a positive experience with both Mike's and I base my opinions on my own experiences. I've bought a half dozen firearms from this shop in the last 5 months and I've always been happy with my purchases.

Both Mike's have been generous with their time and have shown me/let me handle anything I wanted to see. I never asked them to field strip anything, but Mike Sr. has shown me how to properly care for evey firearm I have purchased from him, it's one of the reasons I go there...

I truly feel bad for all involved - there are too few shops in Mass as it is. These guys fill a needed service and I feel what is going on in this thread actually harms all of us as firearms consumers. Perhaps Mike hasn't expressed his opinions in the most politically correct way, but I don't think that merits the harshness of some of the posts here.

The comment from mike jr about NX1Z not telling SR he wanted an M&P was wrong because he did say he was intrested in the Cal.that sr had already mentioned he orderd and would be in store over the next few days because NX1Zs responce was that he would wait and come back to look at them when in stock.

That was all said when he was doing the breakdown.

And its funny how JR says he got a bad vibe from us. Lmao! I wonder what kinda vibes ..We are not drunks trying to buy a budlight @ last call and leave no tip @ the local bar in town. We were actualy excited about going to possibly buy guns together. Not 1 but 2 possible sales that day.

Anyway I am usualy the guy to give someone a second chance but I doubt I will give them that chance.

He was pretty blunt about what they said @ the store.

As a Marine who always had weapons handed to him w no choice in any matter and told to like it and shut up, when I am going to purchace my 1st civilian weapon, I want to handle it, break it down, test fit it, and if I could get away w it, I would want to test fire it also but we all know that can't happen.. So if I am going to look @ several weapons to get an idea as to what is out there and what I feel is best to protect me, I will touch every weapon I feel necessary until I am confident and comfortable in what I am going to purchace to protect me.

I did see a hand gun that cought my eye but didn't get a chance to ask about it because "we were not serious enough" and told "come back when serious".

I can tell you most statistics about most Marine corps weapons because I want to learn everything about what is protecting me from death but when it comes to civilian weapons, I don't know sh!t about them. I want to ask questions. I want to feel comfortable w the person who is attempting to win my sale that way once I am comfortable I can consentrate on questions about that particular. weapon instead of ". Does this guy even want to bother w me or worry if he thinks i am waisting his time".

I have not been to any other gun shops since I have been ready to purchace a gun like I was on tuesday because most shops are far away unlike NSFA wich is in my back yard, but I hope my next experiance is much better somewhere else.

Don't knock the shop until you try it but I hope your experiance is better than my 1st.

To NX1Z, K1M1/USMC0311 and to all of you who have had a bad experience at North Shore, Four Seasons, AG, Collectors, and numerous other gun shops:
There is a shop out in West Springfield, MA, called Joe's Towel Shop. He has a very large selection of crying towels. Now just wait a minute and hear me out. I called him yesterday and he said that he doesn't mind that you try out all of the towels in his shop. He even said that the fingerprints, wear marks, and tear stains on the towels are okay with him because he knows that you 'll be back some day to buy one. I know it's a long trip out there, but it would certainly be worth the gas money to save a few cents.

To NX1Z, K1M1/USMC0311 and to all of you who have had a bad experience at North Shore, Four Seasons, AG, Collectors, and numerous other gun shops:
There is a shop out in West Springfield, MA, called Joe's Towel Shop. He has a very large selection of crying towels. Now just wait a minute and hear me out. I called him yesterday and he said that he doesn't mind that you try out all of the towels in his shop. He even said that the fingerprints, wear marks, and tear stains on the towels are okay with him because he knows that you 'll be back some day to buy one. I know it's a long trip out there, but it would certainly be worth the gas money to save a few cents.

Clearly you must not have realized that this was a "Gun Shop Review" thread. In fact, this thread is specifically for reviews of Northshore Firearms.

I didn't know Mike had a sister named Dan.

I am the type of person that does not like to waste my time or other peoples time with bullshit. If I am window shopping I look and do not touch when I am ready to buy, I ask to see the item and try to get a good price if it does not work out I say thank you for your time and walk out. I do not want to sleep with the owner or have him kiss my ass I just want to buy the item that is why I never had any problems with any gun shops

I bought my sig there last November. They were very helpful and he field stripped it without me having to ask. I had a great experience there. I did do my window shopping before buying and never got hassled. I plan on going back to buy another firearm.

Snapshot posted probably how it should have been handled but I would give them a chance if you never been there.

Last edited:
I've been in the shop a couple of times. Unfortunately for me I was just tire kicking. However, both Mike Sr and Mike Jr were there , and couldn't have been more helpful and friendly.

I know these guys and have been to there store and had a great time hanging out and shooting the shit. Seems like everyone who feels they need to express their opinion about the store feels the same way except for two guys. Now I’ve worked in retail and fast food and it sucks an nothing makes it worse than the rude asses you have to deal with on a day to day and everyone in those situations wants to tell those people off but they can't for fear of there job.

I got a feeling the majority of the people on this thread have had good experiences with mike and mike and I also feel that’s what people can expect when they go in there. My other feeling is these two guys got what they had coming and next time they go into any store my hope is they treat people with a little more respect.

...I even noticed that and got mad myself. You came across as "rude". Then you asked to see the M&P, he showed you and I cant believe you had the "balls" to ask him to take it appart... He might have come across pretty stern but I dont blame him for asking you if you intended on buying something... He just treated you the way you treated him!

Wow, your shop was actually on my list of places to check out, but I just crossed the name off my list. The last time I was in a different shop I spent almost an hour talking to a sales guy about some shotguns, some handguns, some rifles, ammo, etc. He was very willing to discuss everything that I asked about. I also frequently ask questions I already know the answer for or ask to see a gun dissembled to gauge if someone is trying to jerk me around or if they really know what they claim to know.

At the end of the hour I handed the guy a list of items I wanted to have ordered from Bushmaster totaling almost $1500, put a down payment on the rifle, bought a case of ammo, some cleaning supplies, and some targets. I didn't have any of this when I was talking to the sales guy, and if he had treated me the way your store apparently treats customers they never would have gotten that business or any business ever again. That was a very worthwhile hour the salesman spent with me even if he didn't know it at the beginning...

~Droid

Too funny, I have to say I've been in this shop many times and I always find it funny to see people come in forget that it's a business with the specific goal of making money. Here are a few do's and don'ts about being in a store for all you inept morons out there:
So do you work for DMV or the IRS?

I myself would let him drive to Woburn, a customer like this when you bean count out the time spent is simply not worth it. I know that everyone refers to the Golden Rule with customers but the fact of the matter is that its verbal fodder and the customers you want to focus on are the ones that have a general idea of what they want, intend on buying it sometime in the next 90 days and have the money to do it. I was looking at the people that post in here and I often wonder how someone with 3-4 thousand posts in a few years can have any grasp on reality. With so many posts in so many categories it kinda makes you feel like the person is a know it all...

I feel the Golden Rule should go the other way too. Just because i have a wad of cash for a gun doesn't mean i get to do, say, see whatever i want. It's all about respect-Give it, Get it....

I was at the shop today and bought a Beretta 92FS. I dealt with both Mikes. They could not have been nicer. I had no idea about this thread. I even told them I was just looking and hung out "tire-kicking" and shooting the shit. Like I said, I bought the gun. I have been there before and didn't buy anything and I looked at the P-90 and Mike the son even showed me the Sig AR-15 that they got in that day! It was brand new and just came out and Mike basically made me check it out. NX1Z, you must have been a prick. If someone has not checked out the store because of that guy, then that's a shame and you are misguided. I would buy all of my guns there instead of 4 Seasons just because of the way I am treated at NSF.

I was at the shop today and bought a Beretta 92FS. I dealt with both Mikes. They could not have been nicer. I had no idea about this thread. I even told them I was just looking and hung out "tire-kicking" and shooting the shit. Like I said, I bought the gun. I have been there before and didn't buy anything and I looked at the P-90 and Mike the son even showed me the Sig AR-15 that they got in that day! It was brand new and just came out and Mike basically made me check it out. NX1Z, you must have been a prick. If someone has not checked out the store because of that guy, then that's a shame and you are misguided. I would buy all of my guns there instead of 4 Seasons just because of the way I am treated at NSF.

What's with all the name calling? Grow up already.

What's with all the name calling? Grow up already.

No shit?

If you like the place, shop there. This is a forum to review Northshore Firearms. It's not a forum to review NX1Z.

He posted a review. The owners responded. If you plan to keep shopping there, though, you'd better only say nice things about them. They won't deal with people who give them bad reviews, apparently.

this is just getting silly !!

If you like the place go there if you don't like it then stay away if you aren't sure then just check it out for yourself.

I was always taught to make my own decissions about whether or not I liked something or someone.

just my $0.02

Yup, if you had a great experience there I MUST have cased my bad experience there by being a prick. Or MAYBE you had a good experience there because the Mike's don’t want to cause any MORE people to have a bad experience there and talk about it to their FRIENDS. Maybe not.

/John

Impressed

Well, I bought my first pistol last week! In the past few months I checked out a few differnt gun shops in the area. They all seemed like good shops and good people and compairable prices. I just happened to like the atmosphere at NS better and they have some guns in there that you dont see at many other gun stores. I mean, you have to see some of those shotguns to really appreciate them! And they had 511 gear and clothing and a larger selection of accessories than the other stores. I wanted to buy a Beretta 92FS since I shot them in the Army and I just like the way they look. Mike Jr. showed me the gun and said it was a nice gun and he had owned one for years. He asked me what kind of shooting I wanted to do and I said mostly just target shooting. He said 9mm was also a good choice since the cost of ammo these days is so high. He suggested though that I looked at the Sig P226 as well. He said he liked to shoot that gun better since the sights were a little tighter and the trigger was a little better and he had more fun target shooting with it. He said that he knew it was more money and didnt pressure me at all. Well, I held it and looked at it for awile and now I own a Sig 226, lol. When he was putting it back together after showing me how to take it appart and clean it, he put in a stainless steel guide rod that he had and said dont worry about it, he just gave it to me. I shot it this weekend and have to say, that I do love this gun and I dont think I need to ever go to any other gun shops now.

I went there last night and bought a S&W 686. Both Mikes were very helpful, they gave me a good price on the rifle I traded in, and I did not get yelled at. I will definitely be going back.

Well, I bought my first pistol last week! In the past few months I checked out a few differnt gun shops in the area. They all seemed like good shops and good people and compairable prices. I just happened to like the atmosphere at NS better and they have some guns in there that you dont see at many other gun stores. I mean, you have to see some of those shotguns to really appreciate them! And they had 511 gear and clothing and a larger selection of accessories than the other stores. I wanted to buy a Beretta 92FS since I shot them in the Army and I just like the way they look. Mike Jr. showed me the gun and said it was a nice gun and he had owned one for years. He asked me what kind of shooting I wanted to do and I said mostly just target shooting. He said 9mm was also a good choice since the cost of ammo these days is so high. He suggested though that I looked at the Sig P226 as well. He said he liked to shoot that gun better since the sights were a little tighter and the trigger was a little better and he had more fun target shooting with it. He said that he knew it was more money and didnt pressure me at all. Well, I held it and looked at it for awile and now I own a Sig 226, lol. When he was putting it back together after showing me how to take it appart and clean it, he put in a stainless steel guide rod that he had and said dont worry about it, he just gave it to me. I shot it this weekend and have to say, that I do love this gun and I dont think I need to ever go to any other gun shops now.

Good job on the Sig. It's a MUCH better gun than the Beretta, in my opinion.

just got back from NSF...went there 2 weeks ago to place an order for a scope that the guys got me...talked to mike the father on the phone and then went in there to meet both mikes and both were good guys! we sat around and shot the shit for a little and i left with the scope on order...they said it would be there in a week...it took 4 days...they got a nice little setup there and i already told them if i like the scope ill be buying another one from them...overall i had a very good experience with both mikes and would not hesitate to do business with again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom