Northshore Firearms Middleton, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.
By limited selection I have a feeling he is comparing it to four seasons. Obviously it's going to feel like a limited selection since FS has an extensive used inventory. Also, another thing to take into consideration is display case size. If I can remember the layout of both stores correctly, NSF has twice the display case size than Four Seasons making their inventory appear to be smaller. Used handgun selection is minimal at NSF compared to Four Seasons, especially when it comes to Glocks. People really need to step back and look what NSF has accomplished in such a short period of time.

I'm going to stand by what I've been saying all along about used inventory. Whichever local shop decides to start posting pictures of used weapons on their site will increase their customer base significantly. In this day and age, people want to see pictures, good pictures. Especially on a used item. Try selling a used piece of electronics online with no pictures, it's not going to happen and if it does it's not for the price you wanted because the person couldn't see the item. Show people the merchandise and they will show up to buy it. Who knows, they might buy other stuff as well.

+1. In this warped market/state, used off-list or pre-ban stuff brings people through the door. And their selection is not bad at all and if I walked in there today and asked for anything they didn't have they would order it in a heartbeat.

I've come through NSF a few times now, and couldn't be happier :). the guys are always friendly, they stock the powder and primers i use (and at better prices than the other local guys!), as well as some of the bullets i like (NOTE! get some cheap 9mm FMJ's! i'll buy whatever i can!)

I'll be back this week when the RockChucker i ordered comes in :)

Stopped in today and picked up a safe. Had a question on some ammo and SR spent about 15 minutes with me trying to find out if he could get it, he didnt have an answer but took my # and said he would call me when he finds out. Great customer service. I will be back.

Great looking store by the way, very neat and clean. I like :)

i ordered a cleaning kit from northshore, and they had it in stock very fast, and emailed me when they got it.
great service as usual from mike & mike, and now i have a cleaning kit thats made very strong and durable.

Just wanted to post a Big thanks to the Mikes @ Northshore. I purchased a New Sig Tac Jacket from them about 6-8 weeks before Christmas. Tried it on @ the store and did not wear it again until Christmas day. Turns out the zipper was defective and would not zip. I called the store and asked if there was something they could do or should I call Sig directly. They were more than helpfull, and took care of the exchange for me, they had me bring in the Jacket, returned it to Sig and got me a replacement. This is the type of customer service that makes a great store. They went above and beyond on this transaction, many other stores would have said the coat was too old and sent me on my way to deal with Sig, but they took care of the whole thing.. Thanks Guys I appreciate the great service. [smile]

That type of service has become the norm at North Shore. I wanted to comment on their website...Great Job! I was bored sitting at my desk and decided to log onto some of my favorites and there it was!! Pictures, lots of pictures...I love pictures of used inventory...that is going to generate more traffic than just a plain old list! And it appears Mike & Mike feel the need to carry more used weapons to have more pictures to show off on their website! [banana] I love it! Nice to see what I'm thinking about buying instead of thinking about what I want to buy!! [thinking] I think.

Mike & Mike, that 686 on your site is totally calling my name! After my hunter education class on Saturday at Danvers Fish & Game I'm going to be stopping in.

Gun number one

I purchased my first gun yesterday at North Shore Firearms. The guys were great. It was my second trip to this store, and found them much more welcoming to a new comer than the other stores I had been in. Lets face it as a guy it is difficult to walk into anyplace regardless of the situation and say I know nothing help me. But as a newbie this is what you have to do. They made it easy. For a newer shop they also have a great inventory.

Thanks Guys. I will try out my Sig today, and be back soon. [smile]

The Mike's took good care of me yesterday, picked up a beautiful 686 with holsters, speed loaders, 2 grips, all sorts of goodies for a great price. I'm on a wheelie kick, hopefully I can continue it!

I just came from my first visit to the store the the guys were fantastic. Very friendly atmosphere, no big sales pressure, and most importantly no "know it all" attitude. I had a question about a rifle that they didn't know the answer to, so Mike Sr. immediately got on the phone, called the manufacturer and got the answer. I like the fact that they are not only willing to go the extra mile to answer my question but honest enough to admit not knowing the answer in the first place rather than just making up an answer as many "know it alls" tend to do.

Great selection, good prices, lots of accessories, ammo, reloading components.

Hey, they even had free coffee. I have found my new favorite shop! Unfortunately, they are close to my house, so this is not going to be good for my bank account.

Yeah, I bought a gun too. :)

Birdman

Great little write up Birdman 308 - make sure to post a pic or atleast let us know what you brought home with ya.

I didn't actually bring it home yet....put down a large deposit while I figure out how to pay the rest without my wife getting wind of it. :) You know how that goes. I bought an MSAR STG-556. I have wanted one for a while. But I was so tempted by a few other items them have in stock too...

Made my first purchase today at Northshore a Sig Mosquito to get me started. everyone was great and helped out with showing me a bunch of possibilities for a .22. They hooked me up with ammo, cleaning kit (great buy, by the way Thanks guys), targets and some good info for keeping the gun operational. I have a feeling I will be there often. Great service. Even met a NES'r there!

I have a feeling I will be there often. Great service. Even met a NES'r there!

I met SteelShooter there today...this seems to be a new meeting place...NES annex North [thinking]. Needed some cleaning supplies so I comemorated Obama's inaguration playing with guns!!

The parking lot was so full I couldn't wait to get in to see what they were giving away...nothing apparently...unless you bought a gun. The nerve! Ask SteelShooter there was some comment about free reloads of the mags [rofl]...NOT!

So I've been raising some funds for a purchase and both Mikes were kind enough to let me handle every J-frame they had and then had to order me the one I wanted, which nobody had and found out today S&W was out of stock as well...638 Airweight Bodyguard.

Then Senior got me thinking about recoil, told me about his carry piece and I met another NESr that had one like Mike. And I remember many NES members talking about the pain when shooting airweights. So I decided to grab a 432PD...32 H&R Magnum. My hand appreciates the much reduced recoil. And for a pocket gun this isn't going to see much plinking at the range so I'm not concerned with the price of the ammo. Well I really love it and can't wait to stock up on some ammo and a pocket holster.

Best of all Mike felt guilty that he couldn't get my first choice for me so he paid me off in GOLD! [rockon]

As always another great experience at NSF with Mike and Mike. Thanks guys!

Made my first stop at Northshore today.

Nothing but good things to say about father and son, very friendly and knowledgeable.

Nice selection, decent prices. Clean, brightly-lit cases made the usual window shopping easy to do with room to move around.

Left happy with what I went in looking for, I am sure I will be back.

I try to regularly enjoy the greetings, cold coffee in the afternoon and perusing the stock - even if I only walk away with a box of ammo.

I'm glad to see the expansion of reloading supplies & gear as well as other expansion of products. I'm glad to see the "used" bin to be very small unlike some other shops that are overloaded with random crap you have to dig through to find nothing you want.

I'm also grateful to have such a growing shop on my "will call" list and be part of the growth of an obvious good thing for us shooters of the North Shore.

Another vote that this place is one of the best, if not the best and my favorite. Bought a Ruger p345 last Saturday and couldn't be happier. I feel fortunate that I live 15 minutes away.

I looked at the piece I bought 2 weeks ago, and they remembered me... in a place this busy I was amazed. Mike and Mike are awesome as are their staff.

PS: Pretty darn good prices on ammo too

This place is great. Owners are friendly and very helpful. They carry a good assortment of handguns and shotguns. The lay-a-way option makes it easy to purchase whatever catches your eye.

Latest experience with gun shop

I was in North Shore Firearms last Saturday morning and there were a few people in there looking at firearms and buying some ammo. They were somewhat busy but not overwhelmed in my opinion. I inquired about a couple of things I was interested in and Mike said to write my name down and he would contact me with a price. He was busy with a couple of other customers.

I bought some ammo and left. I didn't get a call all week but I'm hoping to hear back from them.

Last edited:
Hey

Hi, sorry you are not happy! For one, we have been extremely busy, I cant even describe how it's been lately. I mean nothing is even available from any distributors. You are certainly on my list to call people but "sig" just so happens to be the worst at callling back and Mass. Compliant guns. We are one of the largest Sig Sauer dealers in Mass. But right now things are prety crazy and it's very hard to get guns now, from anyone! I'll try to get in touch with you when I can find out some answers but right now all they tell me is "a few more weeks". "a few More weeks!, Same old story. Please dont be too mad, it's harder to type on here then to just talk about things.

I was in North Shore Firearms last Saturday morning and there were a few people in there looking at firearms and buying some ammo. They were somewhat busy but not overwhelmed in my opinion. I inquired about a couple of things I was interested in and Mike said to write my name down and he would contact me with a price. I have yet to hear from anyone regarding the things I was interested in which was a conversion kit for my Sig and a laser site!! I did buy some ammo and now I wish I hadn't bought it from them.

If you don't want my business, just tell me so. Please don't tell me your going to get me a quote and call me early next week. The week has passed and they haven't dialed my number.

I have read about their shop on other posts here and some people have had great service while others have had poor service. I figured I would check out the store since they were about 15 minutes from my house. Chalk up another experience with poor service.

I will drive the extra 10 minutes down 128 from now on........

A little caritas, please. In the overall scheme of things, failing to get back to a customer with a price is, I think, among the most forgivable of sins. It really is a minor matter.

With everything that a business owner has to worry about and keep track of, there are going to be a few things that get forgotten or simply pushed to the back burner.

Sometimes you have to be content to be the one who slips through the cracks. What's the worst to come out of it? Just call them back and ask if they got around to getting the price. If you're feeling slighted in any way, I can practically guarantee that you are mistaken and that Mike meant no offense; from everything that I've read in this thread, after an early hiccup or two the North Shore firearms people have gone out of their way to build a good reputation.

Bear and forbear. I'd forgive them this honest mistake.

Yeah, that's funny, good luck going 10 minutes south to FS Guns and having someone call you back about a price from Sig! You can barely get someone to give you a price on a gun they have in stock! North Shore is great and both Mikes have treated me great every time I have stepped foot in there. Sorry to hear you had a bad experience. I think you should try them again. Good Luck.

I was in North Shore Firearms last Saturday morning and there were a few people in there looking at firearms and buying some ammo. They were somewhat busy but not overwhelmed in my opinion. I inquired about a couple of things I was interested in and Mike said to write my name down and he would contact me with a price. I have yet to hear from anyone regarding the things I was interested in which was a conversion kit for my Sig and a laser site!! I did buy some ammo and now I wish I hadn't bought it from them.

If you don't want my business, just tell me so. Please don't tell me your going to get me a quote and call me early next week. The week has passed and they haven't dialed my number.

I have read about their shop on other posts here and some people have had great service while others have had poor service. I figured I would check out the store since they were about 15 minutes from my house. Chalk up another experience with poor service.

I will drive the extra 10 minutes down 128 from now on........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom