Northshore Firearms Middleton, MA

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was shooting some steel this morning at Danvers F&G and some of the guys were talking about a new gun shop that just opened near the club so I asked about it.

Northshore Firearms is located in Middleton on Rt. 114 behind Middleton House of Pizza. It is diagonally across from the D&D.

I stopped in to check it out. Its a nice shop and the two owners seemed pretty decent. We shot the breeze for a while. For you shot gunners they seem to have quite a selection - many of them high end. There were a couple of min 14's, a few different Bushmasters, some Sigs, Smiths, Rugers ect... ect... They are still trying to build up their stock as they have only been open a week.

The owner is open to stocking reloading supplies he is just not sure what to stock so he wants people to request stuff for now. He did have a bunch of Winchester primers of all varieties. He also had those cool new SigTac concealment jackets that look similar to the Carhartt work coats.

Prices seemed to be around average for new guns. Not sure how competitive he is willing to be on pricing. I'm sure we will find out as time goes on.

Transfers are the usual (aroun our area) $40.00. I was kind of hoping it was going to be around the 20.00 range.

Any way... stop in and check it out.

I know they were opent til 4 on Sunday but I didn't see if they were open Monday. I should have paid more attention- the hours were right on the door.

Thanks for the heads-up on it ... Ill have to see if I get by that way in the next few weeks.

Stopped by Today for the first time. Of course I showed up @ 4:00 just as they would have been closing. But they Kept the store open while I checked it out. They were very nice guys, and made you feel welcome to just look around, and shoot the breeze. Looks like a good selection of AR's some Mini-14's, Shotguns are not my thing, but it did look like they had some nice ones and some nice shooting apparel. They had a few Glocks in the case and A Beretta 96 .40 cal in the used case. I think that base on the way they treated me tonight, I can see this being one of my favorite stops when I get to go Gun shopping.. I will be stopping in often to check the inventory..

I have been meaning to post on this. i was there last week and took a look around looking for some powder. real nice place and real nice guys. ill definately be back. and some Beautiful shotguns that are out of my price range..

Just came out from this place. Nice guys. Very friendly, welcoming.

But wow, some of the worst gun store legal knowlege I've experienced. They weren't sure if it was the ar upper or lower that had to go through a dealer and had no clue on hi cap mags in MA. Wow...

You came in looking for an upper and we said we didn't sell them and yes we probably don't know a lot about some things like that. You wanted to know if you could get it for less money through us and we told you that we don't purchase them. We suggested you get it through Bushmaster or some other large accessory company. But being knew in the business, we are still learning about the laws in Ma. and are being as cautious as possible. You never mentioned anything about Hi Cap. Mags. So, give us a break, we are trying our best.

You came in looking for an upper and we said we didn't sell them and yes we probably don't know a lot about some things like that. You wanted to know if you could get it for less money through us and we told you that we don't purchase them. We suggested you get it through Bushmaster or some other large accessory company. But being knew in the business, we are still learning about the laws in Ma. and are being as cautious as possible. You never mentioned anything about Hi Cap. Mags. So, give us a break, we are trying our best.

TattooMan,

Don't feel too bad. Shop owners in MA are notoriously bad about knowing the gun laws. But I implore you: Hire a good attorney and have them teach you the pertinent parts of the law. As a FFL, there is no good excuse for not knowing that the AR lower is the part the feds care about. The high cap info was given to the guy buying the Ruger (a very nice pistol at a decent price buy the way [wink]).

You have a nice shop there. I hope you succeed and do well. As I stated in my ealier post, you guys were very friendly and welcoming; a trait lacking in all too many gun shops. So you've got a leg up on the competition.

There are a couple of attorneys on this board that are well qualified to give you good legal advice and teach you the laws of this bizare state. Please avail yourselves of them. It will be money well spent, I promise.

I wish you luck, I really do.

And welcome to NES.

Matt

Hello Tattooman,

Still have not gotten by your shop yet but was hoping I may be able to do so within this weekend or next week... what days/hours are you open?

Our store hours are Tues.-Fri. 9am-5pm and on Sat. & Sun. we are open from 10am-4pm. We also have a web site. www.northshorefirearms.com , its up and running but we still have work left to do on it. Be sure to check out our 'Whats New' , 'Specials' and our 'Used Gun' pages. Thanks for asking, MIKE

Our store hours are Tues.-Fri. 9am-5pm and on Sat. & Sun. we are open from 10am-4pm. We also have a web site. www.northshorefirearms.com , its up and running but we still have work left to do on it. Be sure to check out our 'Whats New' , 'Specials' and our 'Used Gun' pages. Thanks for asking, MIKE

Thanks for the reply ... look forward to introducing myself.
Ill give your website a looksy.

I stopped in this evening after reading this thread. Turns out the shop is about a mile from my workplace!

Very nice, bright, well-laid-out shop with a variety of stuff. Their niche is high-end shotguns, hunting clothes and accessories, but they also have a nice variety of handguns, ammo, scopes and a few rifles.

Mike and Mike (father and son) seem like good folks, and I predict they will do very well. Based on the conversation I had, I think there was some misunderstanding involving the hi-cap and AR upper discussion. These guys definitely want to do everything by the book, and they are trying hard to provide the best in customer service.

Definitely plan on stopping in - they've only been in business since December 1st, but they're off to a great start.

I love it! Five minutes from home! No more 128 to Collectors or 4 Seasons well not no more but less?!?!

Mike and Mike are great guys and they also have a part timer in there as well that was a pleasure to deal with. Pleasant to just shoot the bull with as my son and I just looked around. I like used guns and their inventory is limited right now as they are sooooo new! I'm sure they will keep growing and do for their customers what ever in necessary! I look forward to if nothing else frequenting the place to keep these guys around for a while!

I stopped in about 2 weeks ago, after seeing a nice Colt Mark III Trooper on GunsAmerica. It looked like they had just recently opened for business, very pleasant employees and nice clean store. Not alot of inventory of used guns yet, but great to deal with and I picked up a real nice Colt at a great price.

I've been in a few times to check things out and check the progress as the store build inventory and gets set up. VERY nice guys, willing to shoot the breeze, and looking to do things right. This is a DANGEROUS place for me. I work RIGHT ACROSS THE STREET from Northshore Firearms. Any new Firearm Retailer in Massachusetts is a good thing for all of us. I'm not saying to stop going to your favorite store, but give these guys a chance, we'll all benefit in the long run. Good luck Northshore.

I have been in twice after shooting at the club and I felt very welcomed. Both father and son are great guys and for me its real close plus the hours are good, especially on Sunday. They have a good selection and prices are competitive. Haven't bought a gun there yet but I am sure I will as I plan on shooting skeet this spring.

Glad they are opened and I am pretty sure I found my new shot gun there today!

For those of you who don't know; we recently published a website! It's www.northshorefirearms.com . We offer alot more than what's on the website but it can give you an idea about us. Be sure to check out our "what's new" page and "specials" page. We have alot of new items in stock and remember we are also open on Sundays from 10-4. Hope to meet all of you someday, MIKE

I like what you did with the updated website - good job.
Let me know when you get the S&W 610's in - I will make a special trip for that one.

Great place - glad I stopped in.

Hi,

I stopped by today and purchased my first firearm. Mike and his son were very helpful to a newbie like me and patient with all the questions I had. They were generous with their time. I was relieved to find a place that was generally interested in helping me learn about something I don't have a lot of experience with yet. They truly made me feel welcome and not intimidated.

Thanks!

Just as an FYI - I stopped into Northshore Firearms last Friday. Really nice lookin' store, lots of room, lots of stuff. Mike & Co. are VERY good people, they tolerated my drooling over everything and patiently listened to me babble on and on... [wink]

Prices are excellent, pretty much spot-on with what we've seen from other local gun shops. Lots of shiny new things to tantalize your pocketbook.

Nice Place

I was in there end of Jan. Really nice people. The shop is a real clean, good looking place. GOOD LUCK GUYS! I am sure I will be there allot because they are close to where I live.

/John

Stopped in Tuesday. Very nice store, friendly people. You can tell it's a new shop, because there's room to walk without tripping. [smile]

I did not handle any guns, but got the feeling they would have been happy to show me anything.

Good luck, guys!

OK New Shop Review - So far so good

Three things I look for in a Gun Shop and they might not be important to everyone but the are to me:

1) Variety
2) Price
3) Staff

This place excels in all three, I purchased a nice Sig Coat, a PS90 and a Glock 17 and all three were well below market price, in great condition. I will take the drive here again and see what else I can get. They are just starting out so you can see them adding items as people ask for them and they are more than nice. The shotguns are impressive and it seems to be well run so hopefull it will be around for awhile. Only negative is that they don;t take AMEX and I would be willing to pay the extra 3% or whatever to use it but besides that its an A+.

J

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom